Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #21  
Thanks for the replies,
I just got off the phone with my "local" mahindra dealer (97miles away).
He said .....
"due to the economy we will not get be getting the Max on site, we could order one BUT the Kobota would probably be your best bet."
Well I did appreciate his honesty. I asked him for a quote, called me back and told me that it would be $23,170 without catcher.
The Kobota dealer is only 25 miles away so I am leaning towards them.
I asked the mahindra dealer if he had any used small tractors. He has a 30hp john Deere with fel and backhoe for 15,700 this tractor only has 40 hours on it.......... good deal? Seems a little high.

A Mahindra dealer that isn't going to stock any Max series has me totally baffled. I suspect his economy will continue to be bad. I won't sell you a tractor as I am 3000 miles away, but I sent you a PM with some realistic pricing just to be fair.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #22  
A Mahindra dealer that isn't going to stock any Max series has me totally baffled. I suspect his economy will continue to be bad. I won't sell you a tractor as I am 3000 miles away, but I sent you a PM with some realistic pricing just to be fair.

If you wouldn't mind copying that info to me I'd appreciate it. I'm looking at the MAX25 TLB

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #23  
The Mahindra Max are in stock and i know they are shipping too dealers we have 6 instock.

Gary

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #26  
Hmmmmm.
DSC06384.jpg

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #28  
IMO;

I was in your shoes about 4 months ago. I pulled the trigger and when the smoke cleared I had a BX25. I have NO REGRETS, NONE, I am VERY pleased w/ my purchase. The reading I came across pointed at a lot of breakdowns and guys wishing they had not have bought the Mahindra, I couldn't find anyone talking smack about a Kubota, none. I could not find anyone saying anything bad about the BX25 less those whom do not know what they are talking about, usually a non owner blithering how there 50HP whanot is twice the machine...well DUH!

The resale value of a Kubota is INSANELY high!. How comforting is that! You can rest assured your Kubota, if kept up, will hold it's value incredibly well. They are an incredible investment, they really hold there value. I looked at a LOT of used machines and I went new because for just another 1400 bux or so I could have new vs 2 years old! It was a no brainer. If I were wealthy I think I would have gone w/ a JD, mostly because it is made in the USA almost entirely and frankly, the green and yellow looks great!, BUT, Kubota builds the tractor in Japan and the Backhoe and FEL are built in , I think it is Georgia! So, To me, that was better than 100% built in INDIA and a really new company! Also the JD was like another 8 thousand dollars for the same tractor! Kubota has been building tractors for decades, I believe they even produce there own engines, pour there own engine blocks too!

I am with you on wanting to save money but I would be very cautious buying a new model fresh off the design table. NOT for me! I think a few years of others testing out a new model and it proving itself would be wise, if you buy a brand new model consider yourself a guiniepig. The BX25 is a proven, solid platform, proven w/ years of satisfied buyers, no recalls, just work work work and happiness!

I do believe Kubota commits to TWENTY years of parts availability for any given model, THAT is outstanding. The Mahindra 5 year I do believe is residential only as well. The Mahindra 5-year limited warranty...I can NOT find it online, ANYWHERE, why? That troubles me, why is it you need to see the dealer to get warranty details? Everywhere I go it says; "see dealer for details" . I have my suspicions, I want to see the fine print.

I do know the Kubota warranty is in very clear and plain English and when I was sitting in the dealers office, reading it, it really set my mind at ease. It is in no BS, short, easy to understand, sentenances...there was no fine print. They state what they cover and what they do not, period.

Tractor Comparisons, I just looked and Mahindra does not even try to compare any of there new designed MAX to a BX25. Hmmmm? I did notice that many of the max models are really heavy. I mean 450 pounds heavier than X is like 12% or so!

Another reason I went w/ Kubota BX25 is there are a LOT of guys, here on this list that own them, and they are all ready to help others with questions and upfitment, you name it. I also took into consideration the quality and shear amount of businesses that make accessories and add ons for JUST for the BX25! There are tons and tons of things you can buy for a BX25 in the aftermarket and it is not slowing down by any means. Product after product keeps on coming, You will be very hard pressed to find even a small percentage of folks building aftermarket cool widgets for the Mahindra.

Remember, this is IMO. Anyone feel free to correct me w/ facts if I am wrong but I am still of the opinion that the BX25 is second to none in it's class and price range. If your going to buy based on price alone, and if 2-300 bux is a deal breaker, well, just delete this, again, IMO. :thumbsup:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #29  
IMO;

I was in your shoes about 4 months ago. I pulled the trigger and when the smoke cleared I had a BX25. I have NO REGRETS, NONE, I am VERY pleased w/ my purchase. The reading I came across pointed at a lot of breakdowns and guys wishing they had not have bought the Mahindra, I couldn't find anyone talking smack about a Kubota, none. I could not find anyone saying anything bad about the BX25 less those whom do not know what they are talking about, usually a non owner blithering how there 50HP whanot is twice the machine...well DUH!

The resale value of a Kubota is INSANELY high!. How comforting is that! You can rest assured your Kubota, if kept up, will hold it's value incredibly well. They are an incredible investment, they really hold there value. I looked at a LOT of used machines and I went new because for just another 1400 bux or so I could have new vs 2 years old! It was a no brainer. If I were wealthy I think I would have gone w/ a JD, mostly because it is made in the USA almost entirely and frankly, the green and yellow looks great!, BUT, Kubota builds the tractor in Japan and the Backhoe and FEL are built in , I think it is Georgia! So, To me, that was better than 100% built in INDIA and a really new company! Also the JD was like another 8 thousand dollars for the same tractor! Kubota has been building tractors for decades, I believe they even produce there own engines, pour there own engine blocks too!

I am with you on wanting to save money but I would be very cautious buying a new model fresh off the design table. NOT for me! I think a few years of others testing out a new model and it proving itself would be wise, if you buy a brand new model consider yourself a guiniepig. The BX25 is a proven, solid platform, proven w/ years of satisfied buyers, no recalls, just work work work and happiness!

I do believe Kubota commits to TWENTY years of parts availability for any given model, THAT is outstanding. The Mahindra 5 year I do believe is residential only as well. The Mahindra 5-year limited warranty...I can NOT find it online, ANYWHERE, why? That troubles me, why is it you need to see the dealer to get warranty details? Everywhere I go it says; "see dealer for details" . I have my suspicions, I want to see the fine print.

I do know the Kubota warranty is in very clear and plain English and when I was sitting in the dealers office, reading it, it really set my mind at ease. It is in no BS, short, easy to understand, sentenances...there was no fine print. They state what they cover and what they do not, period.

Tractor Comparisons, I just looked and Mahindra does not even try to compare any of there new designed MAX to a BX25. Hmmmm? I did notice that many of the max models are really heavy. I mean 450 pounds heavier than X is like 12% or so!

Another reason I went w/ Kubota BX25 is there are a LOT of guys, here on this list that own them, and they are all ready to help others with questions and upfitment, you name it. I also took into consideration the quality and shear amount of businesses that make accessories and add ons for JUST for the BX25! There are tons and tons of things you can buy for a BX25 in the aftermarket and it is not slowing down by any means. Product after product keeps on coming, You will be very hard pressed to find even a small percentage of folks building aftermarket cool widgets for the Mahindra.

Remember, this is IMO. Anyone feel free to correct me w/ facts if I am wrong but I am still of the opinion that the BX25 is second to none in it's class and price range. If your going to buy based on price alone, and if 2-300 bux is a deal breaker, well, just delete this, again, IMO. :thumbsup:
A few points: The Mahindra Max is made in Japan, Mahindra is not a new company, You did not find a lot of complaints about Mahindra on TBN, The warranty is on line, http://mahindramax.com/max-guarantee/, Mahindra does compare the Max series to the BX 2360 which seems to be very similar to a BX25, Tractors | BX Series| BX1860/BX2360/BX2660/BX25, Kubota does not compare its models to Mahindra, just Massey, NH, and JD, Tractors | BX Series| BX1860/BX2360/BX2660/BX25

The BX is a proven series, but so are all of the Japanese built Mahindras.

Even the Max 22 compares favorably to the BX2360:
# 46% More lift capacity than Kubota BX 2360 (Max Lift)
# 44% More lift capacity than John Deere 1023E (Max Lift)
# 16% More pump flow than Kubota BX 2360 & John Deere 1023E (Max Hydraulic Capacity)
# 28% Lower engine RPM than Kubota 2360 & John Deere 1023E (Max Engine Life -- This means quieter operation and longer life.)
# 18% More built in weight than Kubota BX2360 and 14% more than John Deere 1023E (Max Weight - for better stability and safety.)
# 4% Shorter turning radius than Kubota BX2360 and 5% shorter than John Deere 1023E (Max is Best in Class)
# Less horsepower loss from engine to PTO, means more power to PTO to get more done
# Larger tires for better traction and stability
# Full frame tractor, cast iron center section - built like A REAL TRACTOR and can take a Backhoe at anytime
Plus: As such, Mahindra offers its Best in Class, 5-year powertrain warranty coupled with a one of a kind, Mahindra Max Guarantee - Spring Promotion Program going on now for a Limited Time. If not satisfied within 30 days of date of purchase, you may bring it back to your Mahindra authorized dealer for repair or another unit or your money back. This is Mahindra USA's commitment to maintain the most powerful value proposition available to tractor buyers today.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #30  
If I were wealthy I think I would have gone w/ a JD, mostly because it is made in the USA

I can't believe that in 2012 there are still people with this mindset.:confused: