Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #311  
As a Kioti guy with no dog in this fight, I can support Dave's point that some Kubota dealers price aggressively while many newish Kioti, Mahindra, and TYM dealers seem to think the fact that they should have an inherent price advantages means they don't need to discount. A Kubota dealer with a 15% discount will beat any other dealer quoting list price minus chump change.

New York has many mature Kubota dealers who compete against each other with identical product so they are forced to discount aggressively. A local Mahindra dealer might be the only one within 80-100 miles so they can be a bit out of touch and have imbibed too much corporate KoolAid on what a great value the Max is when comparing list prices.

I also agree that I'd much rather have a 21hp CK20 running at 2400rpm than a screaming 25hp running at 3200.

The Max has the buzz right now and seems a very nice generational upgrade for Mahindra. My dear CK20 is looking a bit long in the tooth in comparison but is really only missing the three range HST to give the Max a run for its money.

I've always admired the BX22-25 TLB and would grab a good used one as a second easily trailered small project machine except that the **** things never seem to depreciate.

Buying new as my only tractor I'd have to go with the equivalent cost Max though. More performance bang for the buck.

I have 3 other Mahindra dealers all within 35 mi from my location 7 other brand tractor dealers within 7 mi of me. Believe me I have competition.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #312  
I have 3 other Mahindra dealers all within 35 mi from my location 7 other brand tractor dealers within 7 mi of me. Believe me I have competition.

And you are not one of the new inexperienced dealers either. Maybe I am wrong about Mahindra being like Kioti in regards to dealerships. We have some that are excellent and many who are really small businessmen used to other outdoor equipment who get signed up but don't know the territory or tractor business very well at all.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #313  
The BX25 is a "TLB", the Max25 is not. The Max25 compares to the BX2660 and not a BX25.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #314  
The BX25 is a "TLB", the Max25 is not. The Max25 compares to the BX2660 and not a BX25.

So how do we compare when we mount the backhoe on the backhoe-ready Max22 or Max25? Do we then compare to the BX25 or the BX2660 with a backhoe attachment added?

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #315  
What about mowing? I was about to settle on the BX 2360 with MMM & FEL, but can't find one at a local dealer to actually look at. they all carry the B & L series, but no BX in stock. The Mahindra dealer has the Max 22 & 25. I got a bid on the 22 with MMM for 12,500 and a quote from another dealer for 15,950 for MMM & FEL on the 22. I don't have a lawn, have more of a yard. Just wondered how this thing will mow.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #316  
What about mowing? I was about to settle on the BX 2360 with MMM & FEL, but can't find one at a local dealer to actually look at. they all carry the B & L series, but no BX in stock. The Mahindra dealer has the Max 22 & 25. I got a bid on the 22 with MMM for 12,500 and a quote from another dealer for 15,950 for MMM & FEL on the 22. I don't have a lawn, have more of a yard. Just wondered how this thing will mow.

I have the Max 22 with the MMM that I traded in for a rear finish mower but did mow my 2 acres at my camp before switching. The MMM performed great, but I traded it because I wanted more ground clearance. I have yet to try the finish mower but did really like the quality of cut with the MMM. I love the Max 22. It does much more than I expected it could when I decided to buy it.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #317  
So how do we compare when we mount the backhoe on the backhoe-ready Max22 or Max25? Do we then compare to the BX25 or the BX2660 with a backhoe attachment added?

Dave,

You are the tractor dealer, you should know.

To compare both, it should be clearly stated that the Max25 needs to be configured with a recommended FEL and BH.

On the Mahindra site itself, the comparison is to a 2660.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #318  
I have attached a revised comparison of tractors is on Mahindra's site and added a B series tractor.

You will see that the Max25 is most similar to the B2630 and very much unlike the BX2660, 1026R and CS2410.

Attachments

• Max25 Compare.pdf
    101.7 KB · Views: 689
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #319  
Dave,

You are the tractor dealer, you should know.

To compare both, it should be clearly stated that the Max25 needs to be configured with a recommended FEL and BH.

On the Mahindra site itself, the comparison is to a 2660.

My point being that the any Max can compare with a TLB or just a tractor-loader. A person might buy a Max without a backhoe with no worries if one is needed later. So when you said we should not compare it with a backhoe model I was looking for your thoughts. I think we have beat this to death, but I will say people come onto my lot after looking at a BX and they feel the Max is right for them. Perhaps Kubota should be pushing the B series harder. If they wish to compare a B to a Max I really don't care. :thumbsup:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #320  
Not to change the subject, but I do not see an available front mount snowblower for the max series, is there one?