Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #351  
What made up your mind? Glad your original choice was a good one. You thought you were regretting that... Can you walk us through to your final decision?

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #352  
Another question: What size and type mowers are you (or any Max 28 owner) running?

I've just sold my "big" 37 HP tractor and all the equipment associated with it. I want to down-size and am considering the Max 28. I ran a six-foot rotary cutter and a seven-foot finish mower behind the old Kubota.

I'd like to go with a set of five footers if I buy the Max, but am somewhat concerned about how well the Max will spin these mowers.

Dennis

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #353  
You should find the MAX 28 will do fine with the 5" implements.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #354  
5' finish mower running fine on mine.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #356  
Max and Galen:

Thanks for that.

Ordinarily, I would not have been concerned, but I did see a dealer's ad online where he advertised a "combo" deal with a trailer, 28XL/loader, and various equipment including a four foot mower. Seemed odd to include a mower that size and wondered if there was some problem with handling anything bigger.

Dennis

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #357  
You are welcome. Happy tractoring. :D:thumbsup:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #358  
No problems at all with a 5' finishing mower on a 2516 which is similar to the Max 28 with less HP. I cut pretty tall grass at times. I have an area I cut every other time I cut the yard and no issues.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #359  
Max and Galen:

Thanks for that.

Ordinarily, I would not have been concerned, but I did see a dealer's ad online where he advertised a "combo" deal with a trailer, 28XL/loader, and various equipment including a four foot mower. Seemed odd to include a mower that size and wondered if there was some problem with handling anything bigger.

Dennis

More likely the dealer was overstocked with 4' mowers. ;)

I ran a 6' Vrisimo flail behind a Max25 this summer and it handled it just fine, but we do mow that field fairly often so we are only cutting a few inches at a time of irrigated weeds/grass/bermuda. I would not recommend that combination for commercial tall grass mowing! We generally recommend 5' mowers on the Max series. Ironically, a lot of new buyers with no tractor experience will ask for 4' mowers if they are buying a rotary. Maybe because of tight areas, but mostly I think because the 5' rotary looks intimidating to them. We let the customer make that call.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #360  
I bought a Max25 in June. I was not even thinking of a SCUT/CUT/UT. I needed a small tractor mowing,snow removal,light landscaping projects and a large garden on my 11 acres. I looked at Kubotas,(BX was to small,B was on the large size.) I looked at Kioti,but dealer had a bad reputation. I looked at TYM but I was told by a dealer that had dropped the line that corporate support was not the best.
I took delivery end of June Max25/FEL/MMM,I had a broken ankle so did not get a lot of use out of it at first,but now have 30 hours on it,mostly mowing.
I replaced a cub cadet lawn tractor,a '49 ford 8N. The macine has performed every task that I have ask it to flawlessly.
The points that mostly tipped me in the right direction was the fact that I had 22hp on the PTO and the weight.
You guys can quibble over definitions all you want to, but as a large lot home owner this machine whatever anyone choses to call it fit my needs admirably. Is it perfect? No.I find the light switch to be poorly placed as I sometimes hit it with my knee while dismounting,and the fact that I have to remove the side panel to check oil is a bit of a pain.
At this early point I am a satisfied owner. Nothing else matters!