Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #372  
You really need a tractor for each task. Removing a mower to put on a post hole digger is such a waste of time. And it is handy to have a small SCUT for yard tasks and a full size tractor for big loader jobs. And heaven forbid we use a shovel....one tractor needs a backhoe. 4 tractors is a minimum for the true gentleman tractor owner. ;)

Plus a ZTR.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #374  
You really need a tractor for each task. Removing a mower to put on a post hole digger is such a waste of time. And it is handy to have a small SCUT for yard tasks and a full size tractor for big loader jobs. And heaven forbid we use a shovel....one tractor needs a backhoe. 4 tractors is a minimum for the true gentleman tractor owner. ;)

Hey loved your video's of the Mahindra Max, I'm starting a thread in a few minutes feel free to comment if you have time thanks.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #375  
Dave, you are so Bad!!:D But, I would love to own several tractors so I didn't have to change implements:cool2: But, alas, like most guys my disposable income is not large enough to support me in all the trouble I want to get into!!

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #376  
But you could spent it on implements instead of too much tractor. The right implement is often worth more than excess horsepower and size.

Agree, but see the post I just started and note all the scrub trees and brush I'm dealing with. Its tricky I don't want a tractor that's too large for my little 1 acre but I don't think the Kubota BX or Max 22 are going to cut it.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #377  
Aaaaa, Singlo is back Soon to here about the GC series

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #378  
Agree, but see the post I just started and note all the scrub trees and brush I'm dealing with. Its tricky I don't want a tractor that's too large for my little 1 acre but I don't think the Kubota BX or Max 22 are going to cut it.

You should be thinking loader breakout force and lift rather than horsepower for that sort of task. The two (loader and hp) are not always correlated. I did way more brush and tree removal with my old 20hp Kioti CK20 with 1100lb lift than I could have done with a 30hp Kubota B7800 simply because of the loader was stronger. The Kubota could mow circles around me because of the extra HP but mowing was not my primary concern. Hard to justify more than 25hp or so for one acre though. And spend the savings on a good light duty 48" grapple and a ratchet rake for the bucket. That combo is great for clearing and prepping pasture. In the long run you do not want 40hp and six foot implements on a plot that size. With one acre get a small CUT (not a BX) and spend the extra on a grapple, backhoe and ratchet rake. You'll have a clear field in no time and an appropriately sized tractor to maintain it afterwards.

Here is what a 20hp tractor can do to brush:

Attachments

• IMG_2841 Look Ma no chains.jpg
    IMG_2841 Look Ma no chains.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_2868 With a grapple one step.jpg
    IMG_2868 With a grapple one step.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0884smallfile.jpg
    IMG_0884smallfile.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2895 small file Bigfoot in action.JPG
    IMG_2895 small file Bigfoot in action.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_2896 small file stump capture.jpg
    IMG_2896 small file stump capture.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_2872.jpg
    IMG_2872.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    396.4 KB · Views: 285
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #379  
You should be thinking loader breakout force and lift rather than horsepower for that sort of task. The two (loader and hp) are not always correlated. I did way more brush and tree removal with my old 20hp Kioti CK20 with 1100lb lift than I could have done with a 30hp Kubota B7800 simply because of the loader was stronger. The Kubota could mow circles around me because of the extra HP but mowing was not my primary concern. Hard to justify more than 25hp or so for one acre though. And spend the savings on a good light duty 48" grapple and a ratchet rake for the bucket. That combo is great for clearing and prepping pasture. In the long run you do not want 40hp and six foot implements on a plot that size. With one acre get a small CUT (not a BX) and spend the extra on a grapple, backhoe and ratchet rake. You'll have a clear field in no time and an appropriately sized tractor to maintain it afterwards.

Here is what a 20hp tractor can do to brush:

Okay the ratchet rake check, I just watched a video that's brilliant a blackberry patch destroyer. This post really flip flopped my thinking, that grapple yeah way better idea than a thumb for the backhoe bucket. I also have 10 fir trees a minimum of 24" in diameter, I'm going to have some of them felled I can see the grapple coming in handy dealing with the logs and debris. Fortunately I can afford the tractor and the impliments so there's no reason to trade HP for them. I was going to buy a 2013 GT 500 for my 50th birthday, instead I'm buying a tractor, way more useful.

I think the Max 28 is going to be just about the right size for me. Also and I just thought of this, my sister and her husband have 3 acres and a tiny riding lawn mower. They have been talking about getting a Kubota for years but can't really afford one, my guess is I'll be over there working their property from time to time so now I'm up to 4 acres.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #380  
Okay the ratchet rake check, I just watched a video that's brilliant a blackberry patch destroyer. This post really flip flopped my thinking, that grapple yeah way better idea than a thumb for the backhoe bucket. I also have 10 fir trees a minimum of 24" in diameter, I'm going to have some of them felled I can see the grapple coming in handy dealing with the logs and debris. Fortunately I can afford the tractor and the impliments so there's no reason to trade HP for them. I was going to buy a 2013 GT 500 for my 50th birthday, instead I'm buying a tractor, way more useful.

I think the Max 28 is going to be just about the right size for me. Also and I just thought of this, my sister and her husband have 3 acres and a tiny riding lawn mower. They have been talking about getting a Kubota for years but can't really afford one, my guess is I'll be over there working their property from time to time so now I'm up to 4 acres.

I wouldn't try to talk you out of a Max28. That is about the biggest size that makes sense for one acre though and then only because of the clearing you need to do. I cleared 5 acres with my CK20 before taking on another 15 acres and upgrading to a DK40se. Maintaining (mowing and odd jobs) on a 1-5 acre plot is well within the capabilities of a Max 28 and five foot implements.

Splurge on a backhoe to dig out the stumps and do other tasks down the road or alternatively just hire someone with a big excavator to take those fir trees out in one piece. They could do it in half a day. While digging stumps is kinda fun, if I had to do it again I would hire someone with a big excavator/grapple to just rip them out of the ground and stack them for me. Much faster, much cleaner and much less wear and tear on the tractor. Figure a good days work for each stump otherwise using a six foot BH.