Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #31  
I thought JD outsourced their small tractors?

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #32  
Texan4Life said:
I thought JD outsourced their small tractors?

Just the 2x20s to Yanmar. Everything else is made by Deere. Some have Yanmar engines, though.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #33  
I can't believe that in 2012 there are still people with this mindset.:confused:

I'm probably in the minority- but if given a side by side choice for the same machine made in US or Japan, I'll take the Japanese machine any day of the week.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #34  
Buy whatever you want, but where a machine is designed does come into factor for me as well. If you consider it takes 5-7+ years to design and engineer a vehicle/tractor and hundreds millions of dollars and that it goes down an assembly line in 24 hours for a couple thousand dollars. As I've said, my mother is an engineer for GM. They are in the design/prebuild tests for cars that won't be out for 10 years. Please note, this is my experience from the auto industry, the tractor industry may be different, but not substantially. The majority of the profits, and the majority of the build time is not where it's assembled, but designed by a long shot.

Again, I still buy foreign stuff, but do realize it's not just the people on the assembly line that matter. And if I truly believe something is a better product at a better price, I buy it, no matter where it's from.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #35  
RunninOnEmpty said:
I can't believe that in 2012 there are still people with this mindset.:confused:

Sorry to day but "made in usa" doesn't mean anything to me anymore. If I really felt everything was 100% US and all jobs were for americans id truly make every effort to support it but that is not the case anymore. JD ain't made in the usa anymore, just assembled here. All great tractors none the less and would take green orange or red if given, but I can't afford the cost of the paint out of pocket.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #36  
Just how the heck can Mahindra call the Max 28 HP a Sub Compact? It is a smallish Compact with a small body, very large tires, and really beefy loader. The Max 28 is just too long and wide for a Sub Compact, but turn radius is very tight.

I really like it, but it is a nice small Compact tractor. I wish the HST was a 3 Speed.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #37  
Mike,

The Max 28xl is actually a mid-compact tractor and not a sub-compact tractor...to borrow from our press release, "In addition, we are creating an entirely new category - the mid-compact - with the Mahindra Max 28 XL, which has compact tractor performance and versatility in a near compact tractor size. The Mahindra Max 28 XL can do everything a compact tractor can do, and is the only tractor of its size, power, dimensions and capability in the market.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #38  
Quadrivium said:
I am in the process of getting (maybe?) a kabota bx25.
So far I have been quoted $ 21,700 for the bx with fel and backhoe, a 54" belly mower and 3 bag catcher.
I have a small farm my family and I have just started and I am looking for a small versatile tractor.
I just ran across the mahindra Max 25, everything I have read points at it being a strong machine.
My question is, does anyone have a clue at how much the Max 25 would be if I bought one set up like the kobota I am looking at?
It seems almost impossible to find pricing on them.
Thanks from a first time poster,
Quad

I just got quoted for a max 25 with 60 in belly mower and FEL with 0% finance for 60 months for17,475 out the door after taxes

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #39  
rockshaft said:
If you wouldn't mind copying that info to me I'd appreciate it. I'm looking at the MAX25 TLB

I would also like that info