Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #41  
which model has the loader and backhoe or is similiar to the kubota bx 25?

The Max 22 is closest. The BX25 has 23HP at 3200 rpm, the Max 22 has 22 HP at 2500 rpm. The Max 22 can be had with or without a backhoe.

Any of the Max models can have a backhoe or not. That is handy for the guy that isn't sure if a backhoe is in his future.

The Max 25 has the larger engine, 25HP at 2500 rpm.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #42  
I am new to the thread and I dont normally read up on the sub-compacts but.....and I could be way off my rocker here.......

How can you compare the max25 to the BX????? Isnt it a lot closer to the B in size. Like the B2620??????

Lets look at some quick specs here

....................max25...........................BX2320..........................B2620
weight............1693............................1322...............................1554
length............104................................95........................95 (w/o 3ph)
width.............51.................................44...............................49
3PH lift...........1400@pins......................670 @24".....................1356
loader lift........900@pins........................745@pins.....................952
B/O force.......2000@ pins......................922@edge....................2144
lift height........75"................................71...............................78
turn radius.......7.2'...............................7.5'..............................6.9'
ag tire size R....9.5x16..........................26x12x12..................8.3x16
...............F.....6x12............................18x8.5x10...................6-12

Again, I have never laid eyes on these machines side x side, but it seems at face value that the max is a good bit larger than a BX, and it seems a MUCH more fair comparison would be to the B-series?

Any thoughts anyone? Heck, I could compare a my L3400 to the Max and mine looks WAY better, more "built in weight", more lift, yada yada yada, etc.

It just seems to me that deere came out with the 10 series to directly compete with the BX and massey GC series since they were/are so popular. And mahindra goes and builds a B-sized, or JD2x20 sized machine and is comparing it to the smaller tractors instead of the ones actually in its class. Again, this is just what it seems like, I could be off my rocker.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #43  
I am new to the thread and I dont normally read up on the sub-compacts but.....and I could be way off my rocker here.......

How can you compare the max25 to the BX????? Isnt it a lot closer to the B in size. Like the B2620??????

Lets look at some quick specs here

....................max25...........................BX2320..........................B2620
weight............1693............................1322...............................1554
length............104................................95........................95 (w/o 3ph)
width.............51.................................44...............................49
3PH lift...........1400@pins......................670 @24".....................1356
loader lift........900@pins........................745@pins.....................952
B/O force.......2000@ pins......................922@edge....................2144
lift height........75"................................71...............................78
turn radius.......7.2'...............................7.5'..............................6.9'
ag tire size R....9.5x16..........................26x12x12..................8.3x16
...............F.....6x12............................18x8.5x10...................6-12

Again, I have never laid eyes on these machines side x side, but it seems at face value that the max is a good bit larger than a BX, and it seems a MUCH more fair comparison would be to the B-series?

Any thoughts anyone? Heck, I could compare a my L3400 to the Max and mine looks WAY better, more "built in weight", more lift, yada yada yada, etc.

It just seems to me that deere came out with the 10 series to directly compete with the BX and massey GC series since they were/are so popular. And mahindra goes and builds a B-sized, or JD2x20 sized machine and is comparing it to the smaller tractors instead of the ones actually in its class. Again, this is just what it seems like, I could be off my rocker.

I would agree for the most part, but these machines, to my knowledge, are sized more similarly to a SCUT. The 25 is on the verge and the 28 definitely is not, but their specs are just greater. Again, I'm not in the market, so I may totally be off the mark.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #44  
I would agree for the most part, but these machines, to my knowledge, are sized more similarly to a SCUT. The 25 is on the verge and the 28 definitely is not, but their specs are just greater. Again, I'm not in the market, so I may totally be off the mark.

I could be wrong but I consider the B2620 a SCUT.

But that is why I posted the length and width of machines as well as tire size. Because tire size really makes how "bit" a machine looks.
I'd say if you lined them all up in a row, BX then Max, then B, the max would be a whole lot closer to the B than BX in overall size. And when compared to the B, its specs really arent impressive IMO. They're not bad, but certainly not how mahindra makes it out to be. "built-in-weight":laughing: I just get a kick out of that and I dont know why:confused2:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #45  
I agree, LD1, the Max is probably more similar in size to the 2620. However, what about price? Is it more closely priced to the BX or the 2620? Might be less than either. Don't know though. But, that could be the point: a small CUT for the money of a SCUT.

Certainly not fair to compare otherwise. Like comparing an average garden tractor to a SCUT.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #46  
Good thoughts here. I think Mahindra has always went after the "lifts more, pulls more, pushes more" marketing and production angle, so when Mahindra defines scut, this is what it looks like. Barely bigger, a little stronger, top quality.

I do understand the points though. I remember in the early 2000's Chevy needed a heavier half ton. So they took a light 3/4 ton, with 8 lug wheels and free-floating rear axle, and simply called it a heavy half 1500. It became the toughest 1/2 ton...but was it really? Blurs the lines a little.

The Max will work pretty much wherever a BX will, and in most instances outspecs the BX. If you were Mahindra and were trying to break into the BX market, would you do it with a little higher spec machine, or a lesser spec machine? Since the Mitsubishi tractor is never going to be cheap (especially with the dollar to yen rate), we needed to try to define a little more tractor into the scut role.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #47  
Good thoughts here. I think Mahindra has always went after the "lifts more, pulls more, pushes more" marketing and production angle, so when Mahindra defines scut, this is what it looks like. Barely bigger, a little stronger, top quality.

I do understand the points though. I remember in the early 2000's Chevy needed a heavier half ton. So they took a light 3/4 ton, with 8 lug wheels and free-floating rear axle, and simply called it a heavy half 1500. It became the toughest 1/2 ton...but was it really? Blurs the lines a little.

The Max will work pretty much wherever a BX will, and in most instances outspecs the BX. If you were Mahindra and were trying to break into the BX market, would you do it with a little higher spec machine, or a lesser spec machine? Since the Mitsubishi tractor is never going to be cheap (especially with the dollar to yen rate), we needed to try to define a little more tractor into the scut role.

But the point is they are breaking into the BX market with a B-sized machine. Not really an accurate comparison. I envision a customer looking at a Max, and listenting to a dealers sales pitch on it vs the BX, and then visiting the BX dealer and seeing how much bigger/stronger the max is. And at that moment, all a competent kubota salesman need to do is say "here, take a look at this B2620, it is closer to the size of the max"

Nothing against the Max, and I'm not saying its a bad tractor. I am saying that it is a deceptive marketing strategy. The max is more the size of the deere 2x20 and b2x20 series. If they want to build a SCUT to compete with the massey GC, deere 10 series, or BX, then do it honestly. All of these MFG's have those "competitive comparisons charts". And I dont see kubota saying how great a B is compared to a deere 10, no, they do it honestly and compare it to the 2x20.

And another final thought....someone looking for a Bx sized machine is probaball doing yard work. Mowing, mulching, etc. So is all that hyped "built in weight" and "heavier capacities" really a good thing?

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #48  
But the point is they are breaking into the BX market with a B-sized machine. Not really an accurate comparison. I envision a customer looking at a Max, and listenting to a dealers sales pitch on it vs the BX, and then visiting the BX dealer and seeing how much bigger/stronger the max is. And at that moment, all a competent kubota salesman need to do is say "here, take a look at this B2620, it is closer to the size of the max"

Nothing against the Max, and I'm not saying its a bad tractor. I am saying that it is a deceptive marketing strategy. The max is more the size of the deere 2x20 and b2x20 series. If they want to build a SCUT to compete with the massey GC, deere 10 series, or BX, then do it honestly. All of these MFG's have those "competitive comparisons charts". And I dont see kubota saying how great a B is compared to a deere 10, no, they do it honestly and compare it to the 2x20.

And another final thought....someone looking for a Bx sized machine is probaball doing yard work. Mowing, mulching, etc. So is all that hyped "built in weight" and "heavier capacities" really a good thing?

I use a much heavier tractor than that on my lawn, and see no ill effects. The thing is the MAX is price competitive with the subs, so why not get a little more for your money, and if you would like to compare it to the B series that is fine too. I can probably beat the price on them.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #49  
I think LD1s point is they are not apples to apples, and price alone doesn't make them that. If you could get a Deere 9000 series for the same price as a BX or MAX to mow the lawn, would it make sense. Your obviously getting more machine, but is it what you want? This is just what I'm reading, I really haven't done enough research to know if this is all true or not, just speculating from LD1s posts.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #50  
I think LD1s point is they are not apples to apples, and price alone doesn't make them that. If you could get a Deere 9000 series for the same price as a BX or MAX to mow the lawn, would it make sense. Your obviously getting more machine, but is it what you want? This is just what I'm reading, I really haven't done enough research to know if this is all true or not, just speculating from LD1s posts.

That is correct:thumbsup:

Of course size for size, mahindra and kioti et. al. are going to be less $$$ tha kubota, CNH, deere, etc. That is to be expected. But strictly comparing specs on machines, mahindra is a little shady comparing the way they are.

A new guy looking to buy a tractor that is clueless about makes/models, and buys into the max hype, is going to think that kubota doesnt have a tractor to compete with the max, when indeed they do.

So instead of making a customer "think" kubota doesnt have anything to offer, a better and more honest approach IMO would have been to compare it to a B (which specs are REALLY close on) and sell it on the point of cost. INSTEAD of picking a MUCH smaller machine just to make yours look superior.

And I dont know, but I dont think there is much price difference between the BX and the B.

Edit: just went through the build my kubota

BX2320 w/FEL, 60" MMM, and R4's........$16,356
B2320 SAME AS ABOVE.....................$18,843

So there is only a $2500 difference WITH MOWER on the two machines. And everyone says to take ~15% off.

That would put a BX w/FEL &MMM @ ~13,900 and the B @ ~16,000

What to the Max's run with FEL and MMM????