Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #51  
All good points. From a another perspective, if I wanted a lot of HP in a small package I'd look at the biggest BXs, the smallest B, TYM T273/293, JD2x20, and a few other. I was always enamored with the TYMs because they have a very short wheelbase and offer so much HP. This also is what I like about the MAX 28 XL. A "shorty" with outstanding quality and high HP would be a big seller, I think. The TYM is about right, but their presence (or lack thereof) scares me, and they could use a little more refinement. Keep waiting on Kubota, Deere, or Kioti to come out with something in the same size/hp combo. Haven't really seen it. The Kioti CK20 frame with 30 HP, 3 range tranny, and a mid PTO would be a great setup for general small estate use.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #52  
All good points. From a another perspective, if I wanted a lot of HP in a small package I'd look at the biggest BXs, the smallest B, TYM T273/293, JD2x20, and a few other. I was always enamored with the TYMs because they have a very short wheelbase and offer so much HP. This also is what I like about the MAX 28 XL. A "shorty" with outstanding quality and high HP would be a big seller, I think. The TYM is about right, but their presence (or lack thereof) scares me, and they could use a little more refinement. Keep waiting on Kubota, Deere, or Kioti to come out with something in the same size/hp combo. Haven't really seen it. The Kioti CK20 frame with 30 HP, 3 range tranny, and a mid PTO would be a great setup for general small estate use.

Just asking, but isn't this just about a B2920?

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #53  
The B2920 is close. Would like to shave about foot or more off the length.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #54  
I share the same sentiments as Gittyup. I need a more compact 30 hp compact. The 2720 and B2920 are just too big framed for me. I need just a little more traction and three point capacity than a SCUT. I need a little more horsepower to deal with my slopes as well. I would love to have steering brakes, but feel insulted by manufactures that insist on putting them on top of the directional pedal. I'm also really put off by the bx, max, and other "long reach" mid SCV joysticks. Right now the tym 293 seems to have all the right features, but seems too cheap.

For me it is going to be waiting it out until the next greatest thing hits the market, just like an iPhone 5 or iPad 4...

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #55  
I share the same sentiments as Gittyup. I need a more compact 30 hp compact. The 2720 and B2920 are just too big framed for me. I need just a little more traction and three point capacity than a SCUT. I need a little more horsepower to deal with my slopes as well. I would love to have steering brakes, but feel insulted by manufactures that insist on putting them on top of the directional pedal. I'm also really put off by the bx, max, and other "long reach" mid SCV joysticks. Right now the tym 293 seems to have all the right features, but seems too cheap.

For me it is going to be waiting it out until the next greatest thing hits the market, just like an iPhone 5 or iPad 4...

Very interested in hearing more about slope mowing with the 1026R. I have about 4.5 acres to mow...about .75 ac is on a steep slope. I really like the 1026R and mowing will be what it does most of the time...with some gravel driveway repairs and minor shaping the land. Does the slope bog the mower?

Also looking hard at the Mahindra 2516 / max 28. Will use a RFM with the Mahindra and 60 auto connect MMM with the 1026R.

10 minutes later I seem to think the BX 25 would be perfect! I am losing my mind over picking a tractor.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #56  
the kubota bx 25 is not considered a full cat 1 3 point hitch,I purchased a cat 1 post hole digger and it is too big for the 3 point hook up

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #57  
Very interested in hearing more about slope mowing with the 1026R. I have about 4.5 acres to mow...about .75 ac is on a steep slope. I really like the 1026R and mowing will be what it does most of the time...with some gravel driveway repairs and minor shaping the land. Does the slope bog the mower?

Also looking hard at the Mahindra 2516 / max 28. Will use a RFM with the Mahindra and 60 auto connect MMM with the 1026R.

10 minutes later I seem to think the BX 25 would be perfect! I am losing my mind over picking a tractor.

Doesn't the Max take a MMM?

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #58  
But the point is they are breaking into the BX market with a B-sized machine. Not really an accurate comparison. I envision a customer looking at a Max, and listenting to a dealers sales pitch on it vs the BX, and then visiting the BX dealer and seeing how much bigger/stronger the max is. And at that moment, all a competent kubota salesman need to do is say "here, take a look at this B2620, it is closer to the size of the max"

Nothing against the Max, and I'm not saying its a bad tractor. I am saying that it is a deceptive marketing strategy. The max is more the size of the deere 2x20 and b2x20 series. If they want to build a SCUT to compete with the massey GC, deere 10 series, or BX, then do it honestly. All of these MFG's have those "competitive comparisons charts". And I dont see kubota saying how great a B is compared to a deere 10, no, they do it honestly and compare it to the 2x20.

And another final thought....someone looking for a Bx sized machine is probaball doing yard work. Mowing, mulching, etc. So is all that hyped "built in weight" and "heavier capacities" really a good thing?

LD1,
You know, words mean something, even when you are just behind a keyboard. "Dishonest", "deceptive", and in a later post, "shady" are words you use for Mahindra because they are defining the Max as a SCUT. I'd like to suggest, meaning no offense, that you are out of line if you really agree with what you have written. I think different words would have been better.

SCUT isn't clearly defined, and certainly not legally defined. If Mahindra feels a SCUT should be slightly bigger, so be it. They have listed the sizes and weights and other specs, and this is what a SCUT should be in our opinion. Kubota can define a SCUT differently if they like, and I won't slander them.

But I'd like your opinion. What do you think about the BX25 from a marketing perspective? They take a little 58 cu in engine, spin it to a screaming 3200 rpm and get 23HP from it. Then they call it a BX23? No, they call it a BX25! Is that deceptive in your opinion? The BX1860 is 18HP, the BX2360 is 23HP, and so on, so the Kubota customer would surely think the BX25 is 25HP. Let me know your thoughts on this.

LD1, I can see your points on the MAX series trying to redefine the SCUT market. You don't agree, and that is fine, but let's be careful. Differences in opinions are just fine, saying the other guy is dishonest is a little further down the path then I'd like to go.

Just for full disclosure, the Max 22 has a 68 cu in engine and is rated at 22HP at a leisurely 2500 rpm. The Max 25 has a 80 cu in engine rated at 25HP at 2500 rpm.

And your comment about weight is good. Some people need a light tractor. It depends on the intended use of the machine.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #59  
LD1,
You know, words mean something, even when you are just behind a keyboard. "Dishonest", "deceptive", and in a later post, "shady" are words you use for Mahindra because they are defining the Max as a SCUT. I'd like to suggest, meaning no offense, that you are out of line if you really agree with what you have written. I think different words would have been better.

Wow. I think someone got up on the wrong side of the bead this morning. And yes, I mean what I said. I think the way they are marketing the tractor (by DIRECTLY calling out the 10 series deere and BX kubota) IS a bit shady.They can call it whatever they want, the point is they are comparing their LARGER tractor to a SMALLER bx and 10-deere. OFCOURSE the mahindra is going to liike "bigger and badder". BUT....why not make it fair and compare to the 20 series deere and the B kubotas. because THAT is what size the max is.

But I'd like your opinion. What do you think about the BX25 from a marketing perspective? They take a little 58 cu in engine, spin it to a screaming 3200 rpm and get 23HP from it. Then they call it a BX23? No, they call it a BX25! Is that deceptive in your opinion? The BX1860 is 18HP, the BX2360 is 23HP, and so on, so the Kubota customer would surely think the BX25 is 25HP. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Not deceptive at all. It is just a model #. While I'll admit that most tractor mfg's now have model #'s that make sense, think back when model #'s meant absolutly nothing. And if you want to nit-pick, what about the 6010 and 6110 mahindras that only have 59HP?

LD1, I can see your points on the MAX series trying to redefine the SCUT market. You don't agree, and that is fine, but let's be careful. Differences in opinions are just fine, saying the other guy is dishonest is a little further down the path then I'd like to go.

I dont think MAX is trying to re-define anything. That wheel has already been invented in the form of the b-kubotas and 20 deeres. And THOSE are also still SCUTS. It is just that they ALSO offer an even smaller SCUT (bx and 10 series)

I have nothing against mahindra. They are good tractors and get high marks here on TBN. And if/when I ever purchase another tractor mahindra will be on my list of ones to look at. I just have to look through the advertizing BS. Heck, kubota could build an overweight pig based on the 50HP Grand L platform and put an underpowered 28-30HP engine in it and compare it to a 2816 mahindra, but would that be fair?

Proudly comparing a MAx25 to a little BX makes about as much sense as comparing a max22 to their little GR 21HP lawnmower IMO. It would be a different story if the max fell inbetween two sizes of kubotas and they chose to compare it to the smaller one for lack of similar sized machines. But when the fact is that kubota and deere BOTH already make a machine that is (for all intents and puropses) the exact same size as the MAX, wouldnt it make sense to compare to those??? Unless ofcourse by doing so would make the max not look so good?

Edit: and you never did give a price for the Max25 with FEL and MMM??? And how they would compare to potential prices I listed in post #50? The only reference you even made to price was that "you could PROBABALLY beat the price of a B"

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #60  
Wow. I think someone got up on the wrong side of the bead this morning. And yes, I mean what I said. I think the way they are marketing the tractor (by DIRECTLY calling out the 10 series deere and BX kubota) IS a bit shady.They can call it whatever they want, the point is they are comparing their LARGER tractor to a SMALLER bx and 10-deere. OFCOURSE the mahindra is going to liike "bigger and badder". BUT....why not make it fair and compare to the 20 series deere and the B kubotas. because THAT is what size the max is.

Not deceptive at all. It is just a model #. While I'll admit that most tractor mfg's now have model #'s that make sense, think back when model #'s meant absolutly nothing. And if you want to nit-pick, what about the 6010 and 6110 mahindras that only have 59HP?

I dont think MAX is trying to re-define anything. That wheel has already been invented in the form of the b-kubotas and 20 deeres. And THOSE are also still SCUTS. It is just that they ALSO offer an even smaller SCUT (bx and 10 series)

I have nothing against mahindra. They are good tractors and get high marks here on TBN. And if/when I ever purchase another tractor mahindra will be on my list of ones to look at. I just have to look through the advertizing BS. Heck, kubota could build an overweight pig based on the 50HP Grand L platform and put an underpowered 28-30HP engine in it and compare it to a 2816 mahindra, but would that be fair?

Proudly comparing a MAx25 to a little BX makes about as much sense as comparing a max22 to their little GR 21HP lawnmower IMO. It would be a different story if the max fell inbetween two sizes of kubotas and they chose to compare it to the smaller one for lack of similar sized machines. But when the fact is that kubota and deere BOTH already make a machine that is (for all intents and puropses) the exact same size as the MAX, wouldnt it make sense to compare to those??? Unless ofcourse by doing so would make the max not look so good?

I understand your points, even if I disagree with each one! But that is OK. It is the "dishonest, deceptive, shady" nonsense that is silly and detracts from an otherwise good discussion.

Kubota and JD have not permanently defined the SCUT, because even they have grown it to more HP and a slightly larger footprint over the years. I think you are calling the B-series a SCUT. Maybe so, but wouldn't many people say that isn't so? Wouldn't some say a SCUT is a BX and a B-series is just a really light CUT? The point is that you have the right to your opinion, but so do others without the need for vitriolic criticism as it takes away from the discussion and tends to make us line up and defend our color instead of offering good commentary.

Even so, I appreciate your thoughts.