Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #61  
Kubota and JD have not permanently defined the SCUT, because even they have grown it to more HP and a slightly larger footprint over the years. I think you are calling the B-series a SCUT. Maybe so, but wouldn't many people say that isn't so? Wouldn't some say a SCUT is a BX and a B-series is just a really light CUT?

thats the point. It could be different for different people too. IMO, a B is a CUT, the L's are CUT's and the M's are UT's.

But regardless of what I think or what you think, the B and the MAX is the SAME SIZE. So how can one be a SCUT and the other a CUT???

I understand your points, even if I disagree with each one! But that is OK. It is the "dishonest, deceptive, shady" nonsense that is silly and detracts from an otherwise good discussion.

The point is that you have the right to your opinion, but so do others without the need for vitriolic criticism as it takes away from the discussion and tends to make us line up and defend our color instead of offering good commentary.

Even so, I appreciate your thoughts.

I am just stating my opinion. And that is the beauty of this forum and free speech. I am allowed to state my opinion with the words " deceptive, dishonest, and shady". Without that, it i hard to make my point. Everyone is entitle to there opinion and most importantly, they are ALLOWED to share it. Others may agree, others may disagree, thats what makes us human.

You dont have to "defend your color". They make a great tractor. I have said that more than once now. Their marketing strategy is what I have issues with. They act like they invented something totally new here by building a B-sized tractor and picking on the little ole BX and deere 10 series. If anything, It makes us have to defend our kubotas and deeres by pointing out the fact that the MAX is NOT a good comparison for the BX. Based on physical size, weight, etc. It is...however, darn near a direct comparison to the B and 20series deere:thumbsup: But if it makes mahindra "feel" better not accuratly representing their tractor amongst its competition, so be-it. I dont like it.

A wise old salesman one told me....

"I will never say one bad word about any competition. If I cannot sell my product based on its merits alone, thats fine. But I wont stoop to the level of other salesman that do so"

In this day-in-age, people are more than capable of getting all the information they want about any tractor they want. And for me, it is a BIG turnoff when you are bashing your competition. If you want to post a comparison chart like other makes do, thats fine. Its all published specs anyway. ANd let the customer make up his mind. But DONT try to sell me on something by telling be how bad the others are. Instead, sell me on what you have to offer, forget about the others.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #62  
I don't see the problem with the marketing...its a competitive and capitalistic market. I could see you having issues if they were lying about something. When it boils down to it, regardless of your assertions, you are doing nothing else but defending your color. Im not someone in the market for a smaller tractor but I say the more choices for the consumer the better for us, the consumer.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #63  
scut, cut or ut, who the heck cares...it is what it is.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #65  
Simply look for your self, compare ALL the differences beyond the publicized performance data, and draw your own conclusion. I have looked at a number of brands, they all have advantages. Some things I like and others I do not, this may be different for someone else. No one has made the perfect tractor yet! :D

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #66  
I don't see the problem with the marketing...its a competitive and capitalistic market. I could see you having issues if they were lying about something. When it boils down to it, regardless of your assertions, you are doing nothing else but defending your color. Im not someone in the market for a smaller tractor but I say the more choices for the consumer the better for us, the consumer.

I understand and respect your point. Mahindra can market HOWEVER they want. All I am saying is that "I" dont like they way they are doing it. I do believe it is a bit misleading. And they "may" gain a few sales from it, but i think it will cost them sales from smart consumers.

And yes, all I am doing is defending "kubota and deere" but I wouldnt call it "my" brands. Again...I like all tractors. All I want is people to be informed. The B and 20-series (while they may cost more) is a MUCH more accurate comparison. And mahindra really doesnt have anything to compare with the BX and 10 series.

The the MAX vs BX/10series is NOT apples to apples, and that is what consumers NEED to look at. Mahindra is pushing their Apples to oranges comparison. Do you think it would make any sense for kubota to compare their MX series to deere 30 series?:confused2:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #67  
The only one I would consider not a SCUT is a Max 28. It is clearly bigger and is similarly sized to a Kubota B or Deere 2000 series, but Mahindra doesn't compare them on their Max Comparison's website. I will admit that the 25 is on the verge and would be more considered a KSCUT (Kinda SCUT). By just looking at the specs and the dimensions, it's right inbetween and if anything closer to the SCUT. The Max 22 is definitely a SCUT, no question. But, Mahindra only compares the Max 22 and 25 and NOT the 28, which is clearly not a SCUT to other manufacturer's SCUT's.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #68  
Regardless of ANYTHING here im glad there's more competition. You could debate max, kscut, subcompact, compact, apples and oranges. I think it makes some people regretful or intimidated at the thought they may be paying 2,3,4,5 thousand more dollars for paint realizing that "the little" guys are matching or exceeding quality

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #69  
there is no comparison shown on the bx 25 and what is the difference between the factory backhoe and dealer installed backhoe?

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #70  
there is no comparison shown on the bx 25 and what is the difference between the factory backhoe and dealer installed backhoe?

A BX25 comes WITH a FEL and WITH a Backhoe and WITH a 12" bucket. I
have heard of dealers selling buckets as extra, and if your being told the BH
is extra that is a new one. :laughing: Alls one has to do is look at the factory specs,
any dealer trying to sell otherwise deserves to be walked away from and outed.
To the best of my knowledge the tractor is made overseas and the BH's
and FEL's are made in, Georgia(?) The BH's and FEL's are packaged and
sent in there own crates and mated at the dealer. Yes, a Dealer installs the
BH and the FEL on all BX25's to the best of my knowledge. I think it is
uncrate and install and attach buckets. Maybe 1/2 hours work for one man
taking his time.

PS, My BX25 is well past "just" a homeowner machine doing "yardwork".
I read this from obviously a non owner. I grew up directing full size
backhoe operators from in the tenches literally, I am responsible miles
and miles of commercial and residential plumbing drainage
and sewer trenches and I can tell you the BX25 is FAR
from "just" a machine for "yardwork".

Is it a full size hoe, NOPE! But I am amazed at what I can do w/ that lil thing,
"screaming" :laughing: engine and all. LOL, and for the record, I never
see reason to go past 2500 RPM.

I had reason to communicate w/ a company in India 3 weeks ago. (No not Mahindra) I assigned
them a special email address w/ a code that only that firm was given.
A week later I was receiving offers for cruises and holidays and whatnot
from, insert drum roll, INDIA! You guessed it and guess what email address it was being sent to? ... Some peoples are what
they are, me personally? I will NEVER be vacationing in India. EVER.

Caveat Emptor = Let the Buyer Beware