Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    1026R

Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

I'm looking forward to seeing more Max series pictures here on TBN now that they're creeping into the market. IME, people don't buy too many Scuts, if you do I guess you're the type who buys a new car/truck every few years Point is, most people are happy with the machine they end up buying. So this sort of discussion is more to highlight individual specs that are truly superior.

I think its worth pointing out with regard to which bucket is included that the BX25 doesn't come with a 3point hitch- that's extra $$

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by rockshaft View Post
    snip.

I think its worth pointing out with regard to which bucket is included that the BX25 doesn't come with a 3point hitch- that's extra $$

It is a smidge over 200 I think and in my dealings it is usually a freebie
    if you ask for it at time of sale. "OK, I take it if you throw in a 3 point hitch and a ballcap" kinda deal. I wish now I had bargained for a canopy, the Kubota plastic canopy w/ metal frame is nice, and stout.
    Regards,

Artisan

Kubota 2012 BX25 (23H.P. / 17.7pto)
    14' Dump / Carson 12K Tow Trailer w/ movable Winch,
    Canopy, Tunes, Stabilizer Soft Pads, 10"-12"BH Buckets, FEL Grapple, Fasse Valved & Switched,
    Fire Extinguisher, ChainSaw Mount, Protective Surround / Enclosure in the works.

Stayin' Alive (This click could save a life...)

Tractor
    1026R

Quote Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
    It is a smidge over 200 I think and in my dealings it is usually a freebie
    if you ask for it at time of sale. "OK, I take it if you throw in a 3 point hitch and a ballcap" kinda deal. I wish now I had bargained for a canopy, the Kubota plastic canopy w/ metal frame is nice, and stout.
    I hate to say 300$ was enough to kill the deal, but in my case I tried to get the 3ph thrown into the package and "300$more" was the response. Either I was too good at getting a rock bottom quote, or that particular dealer wasn't the best- either way, I think its a great machine, I just didn't end up with one.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2516

I just looked at the kubota b series, the mahindra 2516 and max28, and the john deere 2320. The john deere and mahindras are similar size, the b series is smaller. The B series kubota is similar to me to the JD1026 with bigger tires. All are nice machines.The mahindra 2516 was $3100 less than the b2920 and $2600 less than the B2620 and $3100 less than the JD 2320. The Max 28 was$1k more than the 2516. To me the JD and Mahindra handled better with maybe a slight edge to the JD, but the mahindra seemed to have a bit more umph. The Kubota to me is not quite as stable on an incline as it is narrower and has a little more ground clearance. All were priced tractor and loader. I would compare the JD 1026 and BX kubotas. The others are larger but seem to turn pretty tight. I prefer the larger tires and frames as I have 7 acres to tend to and am getting away from a zero turn that is a very rough ride. If I had a smaller yard and wanted a mid mount mower I think I would look at the 1026 JD. If you need the backhoe the Bx may be the way to go but if you plan to mow too you need to check on the ease of installation on the backhoes. Don't know if this helps but it is my observations from the past week.

Tractor
    2005 BX2230

just a note on pricing. In central Pa., we got pricing this morning on a b2620, loader and 60" deck at 19100 plus tax and 0% financing for 60 months. Pricing for the max 25 was 15900 for tractor loader and 60" deck with financing at 4.25% for up to 72 months. Fair comparisons in tractor. As for the tractor, the Mahindra was very well made and that is the one my father is leaning towards. He could go with a bx, however he needs a drive over deck, at 71, he can't pull a 300# plus deck out from under it on a gravel driveway. That is what leaned us to looking at a B2620. On a whim we went to see the Mahindra, and was pleasantly surprised with what we found. As for the dealers in question, the Kubota dealer is the one I purchased from in 05, helpful but not over the top. The Mahindra dealer was helpful, but the difference I feel, is that he went the few extra steps to help us. Offered to bring it to the house to use a little bit, let us test it there at his shop. I think it comes down to the Kubota thinking he had the sale locked in and the Mahindra knowing he has to sell his product, demonstrate it, find out if it was right for us. So I have nothing but good things to say about this dealer. And neither dealer knew we had looked at the other tractor.

Now I currently own a BX2230 that has done everything I needed it to do, but now I own more property and when I replace this tractor, I will most definitely be looking at the Mahindra. I feel it was a well built tractor that just like my kubota will do anything I ask of it.

As for pricing, I paid 12500 for my BX2230 new in 12/05 and cannot fathom that a similar BX now is about 5000 more. What would I change on my BX, it would not have a limited category 1 3ph.

regards
    Kevin

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Quote Originally Posted by selkplitt View Post
    just a note on pricing. In central Pa., we got pricing this morning on a b2620, loader and 60" deck at 19100 plus tax and 0% financing for 60 months. Pricing for the max 25 was 15900 for tractor loader and 60" deck with financing at 4.25% for up to 72 months. Fair comparisons in tractor. As for the tractor, the Mahindra was very well made and that is the one my father is leaning towards. He could go with a bx, however he needs a drive over deck, at 71, he can't pull a 300# plus deck out from under it on a gravel driveway. That is what leaned us to looking at a B2620. On a whim we went to see the Mahindra, and was pleasantly surprised with what we found. As for the dealers in question, the Kubota dealer is the one I purchased from in 05, helpful but not over the top. The Mahindra dealer was helpful, but the difference I feel, is that he went the few extra steps to help us. Offered to bring it to the house to use a little bit, let us test it there at his shop. I think it comes down to the Kubota thinking he had the sale locked in and the Mahindra knowing he has to sell his product, demonstrate it, find out if it was right for us. So I have nothing but good things to say about this dealer. And neither dealer knew we had looked at the other tractor.

Now I currently own a BX2230 that has done everything I needed it to do, but now I own more property and when I replace this tractor, I will most definitely be looking at the Mahindra. I feel it was a well built tractor that just like my kubota will do anything I ask of it.

As for pricing, I paid 12500 for my BX2230 new in 12/05 and cannot fathom that a similar BX now is about 5000 more. What would I change on my BX, it would not have a limited category 1 3ph.

regards
    Kevin
    If he wants a SCUT size, why not look at the Deere 1023/1026 which have drive Auto Connect decks where you don't have to get off the tractor? The 1026 is in a whole other class of luxury compared to the other SCUTs and there's not much denying it. Might be worth a look.

Good luck!

Tractor
    2008 bx 24

any idea on the pricing on the 1026r with loader and backhoe?
    " diesel smoke and mirrors"

Silver Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish
    I just looked at the kubota b series, the mahindra 2516 and max28, and the john deere 2320. The john deere and mahindras are similar size, the b series is smaller. The B series kubota is similar to me to the JD1026 with bigger tires. All are nice machines.The mahindra 2516 was $3100 less than the b2920 and $2600 less than the B2620 and $3100 less than the JD 2320. The Max 28 was$1k more than the 2516. To me the JD and Mahindra handled better with maybe a slight edge to the JD, but the mahindra seemed to have a bit more umph. The Kubota to me is not quite as stable on an incline as it is narrower and has a little more ground clearance. All were priced tractor and loader. I would compare the JD 1026 and BX kubotas. The others are larger but seem to turn pretty tight. I prefer the larger tires and frames as I have 7 acres to tend to and am getting away from a zero turn that is a very rough ride. If I had a smaller yard and wanted a mid mount mower I think I would look at the 1026 JD. If you need the backhoe the Bx may be the way to go but if you plan to mow too you need to check on the ease of installation on the backhoes. Don't know if this helps but it is my observations from the past week.
    Has anyone else noticed the tiny bucket capacity of the max series? Looks to be about half the volume of other tractors. Don't see the need for big lift capacity. Looks like they hold about a wheel barrow worth of dirt.

Tractor
    1026R

Quote Originally Posted by lwalsh View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the tiny bucket capacity of the max series? Looks to be about half the volume of other tractors. Don't see the need for big lift capacity. Looks like they hold about a wheel barrow worth of dirt.
    I think the bucket on the 1-series looks too big- but better too big than too small!

What kind of quick attach does the Max bucket have?

Tractor
    1026R

Quote Originally Posted by shownuff View Post
    any idea on the pricing on the 1026r with loader and backhoe?
    I've been quoted ~19K

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast