Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #81  
jimfuel100 said:
Very interested in hearing more about slope mowing with the 1026R. I have about 4.5 acres to mow...about .75 ac is on a steep slope. I really like the 1026R and mowing will be what it does most of the time...with some gravel driveway repairs and minor shaping the land. Does the slope bog the mower?

Also looking hard at the Mahindra 2516 / max 28. Will use a RFM with the Mahindra and 60 auto connect MMM with the 1026R.

10 minutes later I seem to think the BX 25 would be perfect! I am losing my mind over picking a tractor.

I would think that 1026R with 54" auto connect MMM vs. MAX28XL with 60" RFM would be a wash. They'll both not be too great. The obvious: R being a little underpowered, and 28XL being too awkward with the RFM wanting to drag the XL down a cross slope. I know, I know, Dave's tractor and lawals. Why didn't I buy an 1816? I was too scared it would be way too underpowered. But I guess the more I read about tractors is that every body's 1 litre three cyl diesel will be the same. Will a max 25 be much better? I guess so? From 20 to 50 percent they say.
Next time around I'll be getting a 3000 pound Rated Operating Capacity Compact Track Loader or compact articulated loader and a lawn tractor with 30 hp and HFWD (simplicity prestige awd)

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #82  
rockshaft said:
I think the bucket on the 1-series looks too big- but better too big than too small!

What kind of quick attach does the Max bucket have?

None, pin on.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #83  
I am in the process of getting (maybe?) a kabota bx25. So far I have been quoted $ 21,700 for the bx with fel and backhoe, a 54" belly mower and 3 bag catcher.
1*I just ran across the mahindra Max 25, everything I have read points at it being a strong machine.
2*My question is, does anyone have a clue at how much the Max 25 would be if I bought one set up like the kobota I am looking at?
1*But it's an apples to oranges comparison .
2*Ask a dealer.
3*Mahindra From what I've seen (on Youtube) will spec out way better than the Kubota BX .
3*So will an or L and M Kubota or any other compact tractor .
4*I like the kobota but if I can get another tractor, as good, but a lot cheaper, I will have to go with it.
4*In an apples to apples comparison I doubt you will find that in another tractor.
5*If I were looking at a subcompact right now, I would wait a few more weeks for the Mahindra Max before making a purchase.
5*Why when the Mahindra Max is not a subcompact???
6*Well, i own a bx25 and last time i checked it had a cat 1 hitch.( laughing) .
7*the bx is one solid machine overall.
8*And ten years down the road i bet its worth more on the resale end. Just my.02
6*I own a BX23 and 2 BX1500s
7*Yep
8*I would say so also.
9*My "local" mahindra dealer stated the Kobota would probably be my best bet."
9*If the mahindra dealer said that then it would good enough for me.
10*This is a good point that hadn't come up, yet. A dealer 97 miles away would be a pain, especially if you had an issue.
11*I believe, also, that Mahindra is a great tractor. But their dealer network can't touch Kubota's.
12*I have no doubt that, regardless of spec differences, the Kubota would perform just as well.
13*Slight differences in performance probably don't make a big difference to the average user.
14* It's just a feel-good thing. Value and dealer support are the top of the list, to me.
10* That could be a problem .
11*Good point.
12*My 3 do very well.
13*Probably so .
14*Right you are.
15*If you're looking at a BX-25 or a SCUT, you're doing yourself a dis-service by not also comparing the Massey GC series.
15*He sure is.
[COLOR=#400040 said:
artisan][/COLOR]
16* I could not find anyone saying anything bad about the BX25 except those whom do not know what they are talking about, usually a non owner blithering how their 50HP whatnot is twice the machine...well DUH!
17*I am with you on wanting to save money but I would be very cautious buying a new model fresh off the design table. NOT for me! I think a few years of others testing out a new model and it proving itself would be wise, if you buy a brand new model consider yourself a guiniepig. The BX25 is a proven, solid platform, proven w/ years of satisfied buyers, no recalls, just work work and happiness!
18*Remember, this is IMO. Anyone feel free to correct me w/ facts if I am wrong but I am still of the opinion that the BX25 is second to none in it's class and price range.
16*DUH is rite.
17* Good write up.
18*I second that.
19*Mahindra does compare the Max series to the BX 2360 which seems to be very similar to a BX25,
20*The BX is a proven series, but so are all of the Japanese built Mahindras.
21*Even the Max 22 compares favorably to the BX2360:
19* There is no BX 2360 and all the BXS are similar.
The Kubota Bs are the Mahindras competation not the BXs
20*Mahindras are built in India not Japan .
21*How can that be as there is no such thing as a BX2360 ??
22*Just how the heck can Mahindra call the Max 28 HP a Sub Compact? It is a smallish Compact with a small body, very large tires, and really beefy loader.
23*The Max 28 is just too long and wide for a Sub Compact, but turn radius is very tight.
24*I really like it, but it is a nice small Compact tractor. I wish the HST was a 3 Speed.
22*To make it look good .
23*That does not a sub compact make.
24*I know but comparing it to a BX makes it look better than comparing it to a B series.
I agree, LD1, the Max is probably more similar in size to the 2620. However, what about price? Is it more closely priced to the BX or the 2620? Might be less than either. Don't know though.
25* But, that could be the point: a small CUT for the money of a SCUT.
26*Certainly not fair to compare otherwise. Like comparing an average garden tractor to a SCUT.
25*But it still would not fill the niche of a sub compact.
26* Yer rite on target why not just compare it with a JD 100 series and really make the max look good or tear up JD ?
I am new to the thread and I dont normally read up on the sub-compacts but.....and I could be way off my rocker here.......
27*How can you compare the max25 to the BX????? Isnt it a lot closer to the B in size. ?
28*Again, I have never laid eyes on these machines side x side, but it seems at face value that the max is a good bit larger than a BX, and it seems a MUCH more fair comparison would be to the B-series?
29*Any thoughts anyone? Heck, I could compare a my L3400 to the Max and mine looks WAY better, more "built in weight", more lift, yada yada yada, etc.
30*It just seems to me that deere came out with the 10 series to directly compete with the BX and massey GC series since they were/are so popular. And mahindra goes and builds a B-sized, or JD2x20 sized machine and is comparing it to the smaller tractors instead of the ones actually in its class. Again, this is just what it seems like, I could be off my rocker.
27*You can't honestly. Correct It's closer to the B.
28*This is the only fair honest or accurate comparison .
29*That is basically what Mahindra is doing .
30*No you are not off your rocker .
31*I would agree for the most part, but these machines, to my knowledge, are sized more similarly to a SCUT. The 25 is on the verge and the 28 definitely is not, but their specs are just greater. Again, I'm not in the market, so I may totally be off the mark.
31*I'd say your off the mark .That's the problem confuse the customer.
32*I could be wrong but I consider the B2620 a SCUT.
33* I'd say if you lined them all up in a row, BX then Max, then B, the max would be a whole lot closer to the B than BX in overall size.
34*And when compared to the B, its specs really arent impressive IMO. They're not bad, but certainly not how mahindra makes it out to be.
32*That's wrong -The only Sub Compacts are the BX series and the B series are compacts.
33*But they don't want to do that because that would make the MX the looser.
34*That is so deceptive and misleading .
35*But the point is they are breaking into the BX market with a B-sized machine. Not really an accurate comparison.
36*I envision a customer looking at a Max, and listenting to a dealers sales pitch on it vs the BX, and then visiting the BX dealer and seeing how much bigger/stronger the max is. And at that moment, all a competent kubota salesman need to do is say "here, take a look at this B2620, it is closer to the size of the max"
37*Nothing against the Max, and I'm not saying its a bad tractor. I am saying that it is a deceptive marketing strategy.
38*The max is more the size of the deere 2x20 and b2x20 series.
39*If they want to build a SCUT to compete with the massey GC, deere 10 series, or BX, then do it honestly.
40*All of these MFG's have those "competitive comparisons charts". And I dont see kubota saying how great a B is compared to a deere 10, no, they do it honestly and compare it to the 2x20.
41*And another final thought....someone looking for a Bx sized machine is probably doing yard work. Mowing, mulching, etc. So is all that hyped "built in weight" and "heavier capacities" really a good thing?
35* I would not by one because of the deceptive marketing strategy.
36* Then the sale of the MAX goes by the way side in a fair comparison .
37* Their misleading / deceptive advertising would steer me away from buying any thing from them .
38*But they don't want it known it's under powered and or under specked .
39*To bad Max can't or wont do the same.
40*Good for them .
41*Not in that case.
42*I think LD1s point is they are not apples to apples, and price alone doesn't make them that. If you could get a Deere 9000 series for the same price as a BX or MAX to mow the lawn, would it make sense.
42*Yes like me LD1 finds the apples to oranges offensive.
That is correct:thumbsup:
Of course size for size, mahindra and kioti et. al. are going to be less $$$ tha kubota, CNH, deere, etc. That is to be expected. But strictly comparing specs on machines, mahindra is a little shady comparing the way they are.
43*A new guy looking to buy a tractor that is clueless about makes/models, and buys into the max hype, is going to think that kubota doesnt have a tractor to compete with the max, when indeed they do.
44*So instead of making a customer "think" kubota doesnt have anything to offer, a better and more honest approach IMO would have been to compare it to a B (which specs are REALLY close on) and sell it on the point of cost. INSTEAD of picking a MUCH smaller machine just to make yours look superior.
43*That is exactly what they want him to think .
44*You couldn't be more correct.
Very interested in hearing more about slope mowing with the 1026R. I have about 4.5 acres to mow...about .75 ac is on a steep slope. I really like the 1026R and mowing will be what it does most of the time...with some gravel driveway repairs and minor shaping the land. Does the slope bog the mower?
Also looking hard at the Mahindra 2516 / max 28. Will use a RFM with the Mahindra and 60 auto connect MMM with the 1026R.
45*10 minutes later I seem to think the BX 25 would be perfect! I am losing my mind over picking a tractor.
45* No.
But I'd like your opinion.
46*What do you think about the BX25 from a marketing perspective? They take a little 58 cu in engine, spin it to a screaming 3200 rpm and get 23HP from it. Then they call it a BX23? No, they call it a BX25! Is that deceptive in your opinion? The BX1860 is 18HP, the BX2360 is 23HP, and so on, so the Kubota customer would surely think the BX25 is 25HP. Let me know your thoughts on this.
46*The model numbers have nothing to do with HP so no it is not deceptive.
47*Wow. I think someone got up on the wrong side of the bead this morning. And yes, I mean what I said. I think the way they are marketing the tractor (by DIRECTLY calling out the 10 series deere and BX kubota) IS a bit shady.They can call it whatever they want, the point is they are comparing their LARGER tractor to a SMALLER bx and 10-deere. OFCOURSE the mahindra is going to look "bigger and badder".
48*BUT....why not make it fair and compare to the 20 series deere and the B kubotas. because THAT is what size the max is.
49*Not deceptive at all. It is just a model #. While I'll admit that most tractor mfg's now have model #'s that make sense, think back when model #'s meant absolutly nothing. And if you want to nit-pick, what about the 6010 and 6110 mahindras that only have 59HP?
50*Proudly comparing a MAx25 to a little BX makes about as much sense as comparing a max22 to their little GR 21HP lawnmower IMO.
It would be a different story if the max fell inbetween two sizes of kubotas and they chose to compare it to the smaller one for lack of similar sized machines. But when the fact is that kubota and deere BOTH already make a machine that is (for all intents and puropses) the exact same size as the MAX,
51* wouldnt it make sense to compare to those??? Unless of course by doing so would make the max not look so good?
47*48*49*50* 51* Well stated and i couldn't agree more.
thats the point. It could be different for different people too. IMO, a B is a CUT, the L's are CUT's and the M's are UT's.
52*But regardless of what I think or what you think, the B and the MAX is the SAME SIZE. So how can one be a SCUT and the other a CUT???
You dont have to "defend your color". They make a great tractor. I have said that more than once now. Their marketing strategy is what I have issues with. They act like they invented something totally new here by building a B-sized tractor and picking on the little ole BX and deere 10 series. If anything, It makes us have to defend our kubotas and deeres by pointing out the fact that the MAX is NOT a good comparison for the BX. Based on physical size, weight, etc. It is...however, darn near a direct comparison to the B and 20series deere:thumbsup: But if it makes mahindra "feel" better not accuratly representing their tractor amongst its competition, so be-it.
53*I dont like it.
52*So how can one be a SCUT and the other a CUT??? they can't be,
53*I think it stinks.
54*I don't see the problem with the marketing...its a competitive and capitalistic market. I could see you having issues if they were lying about something. When it boils down to it, regardless of your assertions, you are doing nothing else but defending your color. I'm not someone in the market for a smaller tractor but I say the more choices for the consumer the better for us, the consumer.
54*I see a big problem with it when used to cause confused mislead customers to purchase as the result of such a deceptive practice .They are lying or at least not revealing all the facts. No I'm defending consumers right to all the facts. This is not about offering more choices its the underhand tactics used by the Manufacturer .
55*I understand and respect your point. Mahindra can market HOWEVER they want. All I am saying is that "I" dont like they way they are doing it. I do believe it is a bit misleading. And they "may" gain a few sales from it, but i think it will cost them sales from smart consumers.
56*And yes, all I am doing is defending "kubota and deere" but I wouldnt call it "my" brands. Again...I like all tractors. All I want is people to be informed. The B and 20-series (while they may cost more) is a MUCH more accurate comparison. And mahindra really doesnt have anything to compare with the BX and 10 series.
57*The the MAX vs BX/10 series is NOT apples to apples, and that is what consumers NEED to look at. Mahindra is pushing their Apples to oranges comparison. Do you think it would make any sense for kubota to compare their MX series to deere 30 series?
55*Well put.
56*But Mahindra is confusing people to make sales . Not really ethical if you ask me.Correct mahindra really doesnt have anything to compare with the BX and 10 series
57*Mahindra is drowning consumers in a sea of deception .
Regardless of ANYTHING here im glad there's more competition. You could debate max, kscut, subcompact, compact, apples and oranges.
58*I think it makes some people regretful or intimidated at the thought they may be paying 2,3,4,5 thousand more dollars for paint realizing that "the little" guys are matching or exceeding quality.
58* That's not the point here,
59*there is no comparison shown on the BX25 and what is the difference between the factory backhoe and dealer installed backhoe?
59*There is no dealer installed BH for the BX25.

:laughing:

Last edited:
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #84  
30*No you are not off your rocker .

42*Yes like me LD1 finds the apples to oranges offensive.

47*48*49*50* 51* Well stated and i couldn't agree more.

:laughing:

Glad someone has got my back.

BTW....How long did it take you to post that:laughing:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #86  
Study the picture that comes up when you access the forums page. That should begin to tell you where the corners were cut. If you actually look at the loader/bucket interface you will see more. enuf said.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #87  
Study the picture that comes up when you access the forums page. That should begin to tell you where the corners were cut. If you actually look at the loader/bucket interface you will see more. enuf said.

I'm not sure I follow. Are you talking about the Max video on the TBN homepage?
Looks like Mahindra skipped out on the rigid hydraulic lines that I usually see pinned to FEL arms (not sure but this seems a cost cutting measure to me). I can only see brief views of the bucket junction- is it skimpy? Pin on is pin on- no?
I've been told the Max's backhoe is "better" than the competition, but I haven't seen specs. I'd like to know how its better.
They also tout the cast iron center. Why is this necessarily better than the alternative? Engineering is either sufficiently good or not. And specs on weight are interesting to me only on the basis of cost/# of steel, something can be made heavy but that doesn't necessarily make it better.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #88  
Rockshaft,
You're just jealous of the max's superiority. I know sometimes I get the orange fever and mahindra max attacks too. :;):

From what I've read lately, the "best tractor" running order is:
1. Kubota BX
2. Mahindra Max
3. Massey GC
4. Anything but a Deere
5. Deere one series

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #89  
The debate reminds me of how to be successful in casting an unfavorable aurora on a competing product. Take the products strong points and create a negative image. Then demand the manufacture of the competing product defend the manufactured negatives about the product. Kubota selected the market niche for its BX series and Mahindra selected the market niche for its Max series. It is then up to us as consumers to review the specs of each and decide which has the most bang for the dollars spent on the purchase.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #90  
I have owned a bx 23 and a bx 24 and Im not really impressed, Im looking at deere and mahindra now