Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #1  

Quadrivium

Tractor
none (yet)
I am in the process of getting (maybe?) a kabota bx25.
So far I have been quoted $ 21,700 for the bx with fel and backhoe, a 54" belly mower and 3 bag catcher.
I have a small farm my family and I have just started and I am looking for a small versatile tractor.
I just ran across the mahindra Max 25, everything I have read points at it being a strong machine.
My question is, does anyone have a clue at how much the Max 25 would be if I bought one set up like the kobota I am looking at?
It seems almost impossible to find pricing on them.
Thanks from a first time poster,
Quad

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #2  
:welcome:!!

There are a couple Mahindra dealers on TBN, but since the Max's haven't even reached dealers lots, there is not much info to be had on pricing I know of. From what I've seen (on Youtube) it will spec out way better than the Kubota and should be the same or less, but I don't know that for sure, last I checked, everything on the internet is true though;)

EDIT: You may enjoy looking at this (http://www.mahindramax.com/max-comparisons/) page for comparisons.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25
Thanks Martian,
Kinda frustrating, I like the kobota but if I can get another tractor, as good, but a lot cheaper, I will have to go with it but only IF I can find it is cheaper.
Seems like they would have the pricing on them since they are advertising them.
Quad
PS.
To all:
Is the price I was quoted OK for a 2012 model?

Last edited:
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #4  
Really, you'll be happy with either. I wouldnt worry to much because you can always find a better deal down the road, but there's a point where your paying for waiting. Your best luck to find pricing would be to contact the local Mahindra dealer and ask them. Since no one has been able to buy one yet, there are few that will know the correct answer here.

As far as a good price for your Kubota, not sure. Never priced one out. But I would go to Kubotas online builder and make it like you have and expect to take about 15% off list for a fair price.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25
Thanks again,
I actually built the one I wanted online before talking to the dealer, sure enough he beat the online price by about 15%.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #6  
I am in the process of getting (maybe?) a kabota bx25.
So far I have been quoted $ 21,700 for the bx with fel and backhoe, a 54" belly mower and 3 bag catcher.
I have a small farm my family and I have just started and I am looking for a small versatile tractor.
I just ran across the mahindra Max 25, everything I have read points at it being a strong machine.
My question is, does anyone have a clue at how much the Max 25 would be if I bought one set up like the kobota I am looking at?
It seems almost impossible to find pricing on them.
Thanks from a first time poster,
Quad

As of right now there is no bagger available for the new Max. So with that being said if you want to have a bagger and can not wait for a while, possibilly up to a year for one. You might want to move forward with your purchase of the bx.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #7  
The bagger could be an issue, but have you considered MF and Bobcat? The BC in particular (CT122) is a little bigger, but not so much it wouldn't work in most situations the BX would. And if you are getting a backhoe and you want the backhoe to be effective, you'll want weight. The BC would price out about the same. The SCUT Masseys seem to be very popular too.

I too like the Mahindra Max, but you would have to wait a little while longer until they are available, and I suspect that prices will hold a bit higher until the initial wave of demand passes.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #8  
As far as the bagger, you could always get a tow-behind vac. :thumbsup:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #9  
The 25 Max we can sell for about the same price you will get a lot more tractor than the Kubota print out your specs online and compare we have a 5 year warranty our three point hitch is cat #1 kubota has cat #0 we will be getting our Mahindra Max tractors within a week or two ck out your local dealer .

Gary Schaap
Garys Equipment co inc
Clay Ny 13041

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #10  
The 25 Max we can sell for about the same price you will get a lot more tractor than the Kubota print out your specs online and compare we have a 5 year warranty our three point hitch is cat #1 kubota has cat #0 we will be getting our Mahindra Max tractors within a week or two ck out your local dealer .

Gary Schaap
Garys Equipment co inc
Clay Ny 13041
Kubota has a cat 1 hitch.

But with that said, If I were looking at a subcompact right now, I would wait a few more weeks for the Mahindra Max before making a purchase