Mahindra 8560 or Case IH Farmall

/ Mahindra 8560 or Case IH Farmall #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
Until recently I was dead set on an 8560 cab for my next bigger tractor. Recently though Case IH came into the fold. I have a good Mahindra dealer and the Case IH even closer gets good reports from a neighbor.
I've pretty much broken it down into:
Transmission....IH....creeper 20 x 12 vs 12 x12
Weight............Mahindra.....8122# vs 6915#
Price...............Mahindra......about $5000 to $7000 less depending on options
Cab................IH........just a nicer cab all the way around and on some models you can get an overhead window panel that would greatly increase visibilty loading trucks.
The loader on the 8560 will lift more, but the rollback angle is better on the IH. Their are lots of options to choose from, but obviously those options cost money. The hydraulics seem to spec comparably. I'd use this tractor for 3 main uses. 1-running a 5x4 hay roller 2-loading trucks with chicken litter 3-pulling a 16ft litter spreader in hilly terrain. I've attached links of specs for the 2 tractors.
I know you guys will have some input....I'm sure I'm overlooking some thing.

http://www.mahindrausa.com/pdfs/tractors/8560Cab.pdf
http://www.caseih.com/en_us/Products/Tractors/Documents/Specs/FarmallSeries_010909.pdf

/ Mahindra 8560 or Case IH Farmall #2  
Until recently I was dead set on an 8560 cab for my next bigger tractor. Recently though Case IH came into the fold. I have a good Mahindra dealer and the Case IH even closer gets good reports from a neighbor.
I've pretty much broken it down into:
Transmission....IH....creeper 20 x 12 vs 12 x12
Weight............Mahindra.....8122# vs 6915#
Price...............Mahindra......about $5000 to $7000 less depending on options
Cab................IH........just a nicer cab all the way around and on some models you can get an overhead window panel that would greatly increase visibilty loading trucks.
The loader on the 8560 will lift more, but the rollback angle is better on the IH. Their are lots of options to choose from, but obviously those options cost money. The hydraulics seem to spec comparably. I'd use this tractor for 3 main uses. 1-running a 5x4 hay roller 2-loading trucks with chicken litter 3-pulling a 16ft litter spreader in hilly terrain. I've attached links of specs for the 2 tractors.
I know you guys will have some input....I'm sure I'm overlooking some thing.

http://www.mahindrausa.com/pdfs/tractors/8560Cab.pdf
http://www.caseih.com/en_us/Products/Tractors/Documents/Specs/FarmallSeries_010909.pdf

Thats a tough one,I dont know anyone around me thats even owns a big Mahindra but the Case is same tractor as its blue brother and alot of farmers around here like the NH. What model you looking at in Case? You sure do have a big price gap but im sure getting alot more on the case.Have you driven both?The case with the 20x12 would be nice,is that included in the price gap?.Most dealers should let you demo a unit,that way you will be sure witch one will work best for you.

/ Mahindra 8560 or Case IH Farmall #3  
Creeper gear availability is nice on the Case.

...++ I see on the Mahindra are; #] higher implement hyd delivery 17GPM, #] 2 speed PTO std, #]telescoping lift links for hookup std, #] 2 rear remotes std, #] heavy weight for traction and loader work stability.
larry

/ Mahindra 8560 or Case IH Farmall #4  
It's not hard to find a better tractor than the 8560. It is hard to find a better tractor for the same money though. Maybe look at an LS, best bang for the buck right now. ;) But even their 97HP tractor falls short of the 8560 except for the trans.

/ Mahindra 8560 or Case IH Farmall
Several years ago I talked to the folks at Mahindra (corporate) about bigger cab tractors. Even before the 7010 was available and I told them transmission choices would be nice. I was trying to wait on the 8560 when I bought the 7010, but when I found out it would only have 12x12 I opted for the smaller 7010. If the Mahindra offered a better seat and a 20x12 tranny it would be on it's way!

I don't see considering any other tractors. My Mahindra dealer is pushing Massey, but there are no TYM, LS, Kioti, or any other dealers close. There are Kubota and Deere, but those dealers lost my money 6 or 7 years ago. Even on a new tractor I want that dealer support. I learned the hard way on the 3316 (cracked engine block at loader mount)if you don't have a dealer willing to go to bat for you, you can lose a lot of money in warranty claims if you happen to need it.
I'd most likely get the Farmall C or U and the hydraulics would be within 1 gpm on the implement side and a whole lot better on the steering pump. I'd be considering 85/95 C/U. The C series doesn't have the creeper option, but 16x16 is enough transmission for me. I could care less about 2 speed pto...I've had it on the 7010 and don't think I ever used it.

See page 18-19 in link below for specs on C/U series
http://www.caseih.com/en_us/Product...hures/Farmall_Utility_Brochure_CHI4220810.pdf

/ Mahindra 8560 or Case IH Farmall #7  
who makes the caseih in this size range? is it made here like their big ones or do they outsource/rebadge?

/ Mahindra 8560 or Case IH Farmall #8  
Got some prices today on the Mahindra 8560 (12x12sync.shuttle) 4x4 without loader $37,525
Kubota 9540 (8x8sync.shuttle) 4x4 without ldr $36,995

/ Mahindra 8560 or Case IH Farmall #9  
I have an 8560 mahindra it has about 110 hours on it now. I live in West Virginia everything is hilly to steep. The big mahindra holds to the hills very well very stable. I have an 8 foot brushog I pull it on some steep terrain always seems to have plenty of power and gears. Also have a 4x5 round baler
Pulls it like it isn't there. The hydraulics are fast and the loader is very strong. AC and heat work very well AC is very cold. Overall for the price and performance so far has been very satisfying. We got a lime spreader and it pulls it with little effort probably easy 4 to 5 tons. As I said earlier this on hilly terrain if it was flat u wouldn't ever need anymore.

Haven't seen it at more than a glance, but I'd think the MForce 100 took away any future discussion!