Tractor
    None yet

Default Looking into a Mahindra 3616

New to the forum. Wife and I are in the beginning stages of starting up a small farm on our newly purchased property. I have wanted a tractor for years, and have operated many friends kubotas doing food plots and various other projects over the last few years. we were seriously looking into a L3800 bota, but looked into a 3616 and really liked it. I really do not know much about the mahindra, but it looks to be in between the L series kubotas and the grand series to me.. really liked what I saw.. any Ideas on a average price for a 3616 hst with a loader? I am not a good haggler and was wondering if some that may know what a good price would be on this unit? Thanks for any info or opinions!

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Default Re: Looking into a Mahindra 3616

You might want to give Wallace tractor a call. He carries Bobcat, Massey and Mahindra. Rick runs a top notch place and will easily deliver to you.

Wallace Tractor and Equipment NEPA Compact Tractors Lake Ariel Poconos Honesdale PA
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615HST

Quote Originally Posted by Frankman View Post
    New to the forum. Wife and I are in the beginning stages of starting up a small farm on our newly purchased property. I have wanted a tractor for years, and have operated many friends kubotas doing food plots and various other projects over the last few years. we were seriously looking into a L3800 bota, but looked into a 3616 and really liked it. I really do not know much about the mahindra, but it looks to be in between the L series kubotas and the grand series to me.. really liked what I saw.. any Ideas on a average price for a 3616 hst with a loader? I am not a good haggler and was wondering if some that may know what a good price would be on this unit? Thanks for any info or opinions!
    Frankman, I'm not sure what a good price is. Here is one with a cab for $23,475.00: 2011 MAHINDRA 3616 Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com
    I thank God for these gifts: 2005 Mahindra 2615 HST w/loader, (485 hours), and 3710 backhoe. Markham tooth bar, Bush Hog SQ60 rotary cutter, Bush Hog 3507 angle blade, Bush Hog LLR84 landscape rake w/gauge wheels, Rankin loader mounted forks, Paumco Quick Spade, Agri-Ease 3 point log splitter.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

Frankman,
    I sent you PM, let me know if that helps.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2516

Wallace Tractor is a great dealer .....and he is located in PA ; )

I have no affiliation with Rick Wallace other then I bought my tractor from him and was pleased.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

If Galen is closer, you won't go wrong with him either, both top notch guys.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

By buying Mahindra, you're probably going to keep saving money too. I'm being quoted $3k to upgrade my NH to ag tires and wheels. The local Mahindra dealer says they offer such a package for around $1k !
    NorCal M5

2006 New Holland TC34DA

I've pretty much narrowed down the tractors I'm looking at to the Kubota L3800 or the Mahindra 3616 as well. Mahindra has a good comparison on their website of the two tractors as well as a John Deere and a comparable New Holland.
    If you look at the stats, the Mahindra loader can lift 500 pounds more, and pretty much beats the Kubota all around. If you throw a backhoe into the mix, the Kubota has a statistically better backhoe.
    I drove the 3616 HST yesterday and was very impressed with it. I was even more impressed that the Mahindra dealer encouraged me to go try out the Kubota and compare for myself.
    Pricewise they're about a thousand or two apart in price depending on the dealer (at least in Oregon) for a similarly equipped machine--Kubota is higher.
    The Kubota probably has a better resale value because of the name recognition, but I'm planning to keep whichever machine I decide on for a long time, so that doesn't matter as much to me.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616

I bought my 3616 last year and spent the majority of the summer mowing and using the loader. I have just done my first oil change and it was very easy although the oil filter could have been made a little easier to access. I absolutely love the tractor. I have the gear shift model and I think I may wish I had the HST. The tractor is extremely heavy duty. I will tell you if you buy the oil filter from the dealer, he will charge you ~$27. If you go to NAPA and have them cross reference the filter it comes back at $12. I think its a 1015 filter but will have to check. I bought the tractor, 115 loader, and 6' finish mower for 20k. I had an old ford 3000 I traded so I got 2500 off. So the whole package would have cost me 22.5k. Hope this helps.