Looking into a Mahindra 3616

/ Looking into a Mahindra 3616 #1  

Frankman

Tractor
None yet
New to the forum. Wife and I are in the beginning stages of starting up a small farm on our newly purchased property. I have wanted a tractor for years, and have operated many friends kubotas doing food plots and various other projects over the last few years. we were seriously looking into a L3800 bota, but looked into a 3616 and really liked it. I really do not know much about the mahindra, but it looks to be in between the L series kubotas and the grand series to me.. really liked what I saw.. any Ideas on a average price for a 3616 hst with a loader? I am not a good haggler and was wondering if some that may know what a good price would be on this unit? Thanks for any info or opinions!

/ Looking into a Mahindra 3616 #2  
   / Looking into a Mahindra 3616 #3  
New to the forum. Wife and I are in the beginning stages of starting up a small farm on our newly purchased property. I have wanted a tractor for years, and have operated many friends kubotas doing food plots and various other projects over the last few years. we were seriously looking into a L3800 bota, but looked into a 3616 and really liked it. I really do not know much about the mahindra, but it looks to be in between the L series kubotas and the grand series to me.. really liked what I saw.. any Ideas on a average price for a 3616 hst with a loader? I am not a good haggler and was wondering if some that may know what a good price would be on this unit? Thanks for any info or opinions!

Frankman, I'm not sure what a good price is. Here is one with a cab for $23,475.00: 2011 MAHINDRA 3616 Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

/ Looking into a Mahindra 3616 #4  
Frankman,
I sent you PM, let me know if that helps.

/ Looking into a Mahindra 3616 #5  
Wallace Tractor is a great dealer .....and he is located in PA ; )

I have no affiliation with Rick Wallace other then I bought my tractor from him and was pleased.

/ Looking into a Mahindra 3616 #6  
If Galen is closer, you won't go wrong with him either, both top notch guys. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ Looking into a Mahindra 3616 #7  
By buying Mahindra, you're probably going to keep saving money too. I'm being quoted $3k to upgrade my NH to ag tires and wheels. The local Mahindra dealer says they offer such a package for around $1k !

/ Looking into a Mahindra 3616 #8  
I've pretty much narrowed down the tractors I'm looking at to the Kubota L3800 or the Mahindra 3616 as well. Mahindra has a good comparison on their website of the two tractors as well as a John Deere and a comparable New Holland.
If you look at the stats, the Mahindra loader can lift 500 pounds more, and pretty much beats the Kubota all around. If you throw a backhoe into the mix, the Kubota has a statistically better backhoe.
I drove the 3616 HST yesterday and was very impressed with it. I was even more impressed that the Mahindra dealer encouraged me to go try out the Kubota and compare for myself.
Pricewise they're about a thousand or two apart in price depending on the dealer (at least in Oregon) for a similarly equipped machine--Kubota is higher.
The Kubota probably has a better resale value because of the name recognition, but I'm planning to keep whichever machine I decide on for a long time, so that doesn't matter as much to me.

/ Looking into a Mahindra 3616 #9  
I bought my 3616 last year and spent the majority of the summer mowing and using the loader. I have just done my first oil change and it was very easy although the oil filter could have been made a little easier to access. I absolutely love the tractor. I have the gear shift model and I think I may wish I had the HST. The tractor is extremely heavy duty. I will tell you if you buy the oil filter from the dealer, he will charge you ~$27. If you go to NAPA and have them cross reference the filter it comes back at $12. I think its a 1015 filter but will have to check. I bought the tractor, 115 loader, and 6' finish mower for 20k. I had an old ford 3000 I traded so I got 2500 off. So the whole package would have cost me 22.5k. Hope this helps.