Buying Advice Are Mahindra and New Holland Wheels Interchangeable?

/ Are Mahindra and New Holland Wheels Interchangeable? #1  

Norcal M5

Bronze Member
Folks, I am trying to change over from industrial R4 wheels and tires to Ag R1s on my New Holland TC34DA and got to talking with a Mahindra dealer out here. He says he puts together packages for Mahindras for about $1K. That's a big contrast with my NH dealer who is quoting me $3K. In the photos of the Mahindra 3535, the wheels appear to have 8 holes like my NH.

Anyone have any experience with this? I suppose the size front to back has to be the same ratio too, to accomodate the 4wd.

Your help is appreciated.

/ Are Mahindra and New Holland Wheels Interchangeable?
Maybe this will help - The front rims have a 4.5" center hole and 6 lug holes with 6" spacing. The rears have a 6" center hole and 8 lug holes with 8" spacing. Anyone with a 3636 or similar that could tell me if your Mahindra wheels match this?

The tires should be 7x14 front and 11.2x24 rear.

Much thanks!

/ Are Mahindra and New Holland Wheels Interchangeable? #3  
Maybe this will help - The front rims have a 4.5" center hole and 6 lug holes with 6" spacing. The rears have a 6" center hole and 8 lug holes with 8" spacing. Anyone with a 3636 or similar that could tell me if your Mahindra wheels match this?

The tires should be 7x14 front and 11.2x24 rear.

Much thanks!

Your best bet is to go to a local dealer with your tape measure. I doubt you will find both a front and back set that is the correct circumference (to keep lead/lag proper) that also has the correct bolt patterns.

The closest match is probably the ags for the 3016/3616, they are 11.2x24 rear, but 7x16 front, but they are not 8-lug in the rear, they are 6-lug.

Tire prices are way up. I priced a pair of 16.9x24 R4s yesterday and it was just over $1400 for 2 tires, no rims, no tubes, no mounting.

I'd suggest that someone wants your R4 tires and would trade you for his ags...and you'll be out nothing and both be happy.

/ Are Mahindra and New Holland Wheels Interchangeable? #4  
Your best bet is to go to a local dealer with your tape measure. I doubt you will find both a front and back set that is the correct circumference (to keep lead/lag proper) that also has the correct bolt patterns.

The closest match is probably the ags for the 3016/3616, they are 11.2x24 rear, but 7x16 front, but they are not 8-lug in the rear, they are 6-lug.

Tire prices are way up. I priced a pair of 16.9x24 R4s yesterday and it was just over $1400 for 2 tires, no rims, no tubes, no mounting.

I'd suggest that someone wants your R4 tires and would trade you for his ags...and you'll be out nothing and both be happy.

You can find good tires at wheels express. I went through the same thing on my newholland 1725. I am still looking for a set of rear wheels for it the size i need are 10x24 on an 8 hole pattern.

Thanks for the tire lead, JKing. You may want to know about a manufacturer I found that makes custom wheels reasonably. I mentioned them to a local tractor shop an they said they use them on occasion. They are Hey Manufacturing. I am planning to order a set today. You need to measure yours and send an email for a quote.

BTW, it sounds like we may have the same size wheels. Maybe Hey will give us a volume discount. At least they may like to know they are going to get two orders for the same size of that's the case. Are your ag tires 11.2 - 24?

/ Are Mahindra and New Holland Wheels Interchangeable? #7  
A set of wheels through whole goods is no where near 3,000 for your tractor.... Should be a little less than half of that.

A set of wheels through whole goods is no where near 3,000 for your tractor.... Should be a little less than half of that.

Sounds promising. Is this the outfit that comes up as XPAC I'm having a hard time finding them.

/ Are Mahindra and New Holland Wheels Interchangeable? #9  
Look at some NH dealers.... Sometimes they have complete sets they have swapped out for sale.