Any thing on Branson Tractors?

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #51  
Does anyone on here happen to have cross reference info on filters for the 3520h? I've been able to find most of them but I can't find anything on the secondary trans/hydraulic filter

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #52  
Or a manufacturer tech service phone # would also be helpful. The dealer I bought from hasn't been very reliable with getting me info.

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #53  
Dealers for the most part just use the OEM filters. Manufacturers frown if we do otherwise. As such, we do not keep a crossover list. But I expect someone will respond that has done the research. The only way I would use an aftermarket filter would be if you could find the same filter via another source (like some Mahindra filters are clearly Bosch and have Bosch numbers on them), or if the filter company specifies a filter for that tractor (like Napa or Wix has a listing for your tractor). I would not use one just because the threads are correct and the gasket lines up. What is inside is obviously important. Lastly, check pricing, not all OEM filters are outrageously expensive. There are quite a few examples of the OEM filters being priced pretty close to a good quality aftermarket.

There was a post on here at some point, and I do not remember the tractor brand, where someone used the internet to find a cheaper air filter replacement for his tractor. It wasn't quite correct and did not seal properly and he ingested dirt and needed a rebuild. So be careful, and if you do go aftermarket just make sure it is proper. I think a lot of aftermarket filters are plenty good in the quality realm, I have no issue with that.

Branson has no consumer line for service. I'm not saying they won't answer your questions, but they are not staffed for it. Questions should be answered at the dealer level, and if the dealer does not know he can check and get back to you. At least that is the way it is supposed to work.

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #54  
When I bought the tractor the first question I asked the mechanic that works there is do I need to get consumable parts from you and he told me that I could get then at any auto parts store. He mentioned Wix specifically as an example but said that anything with matching numbers would be fine. Am I being mislead then? Because on top of all that there is one filter that no one has, I mean I called Wix and had them check other places too and no one has a cross for this filter, to top that off the dealer doesn't even have the OEM filter they are gonna have to order it.

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #55  
When I bought the tractor the first question I asked the mechanic that works there is do I need to get consumable parts from you and he told me that I could get then at any auto parts store. He mentioned Wix specifically as an example but said that anything with matching numbers would be fine. Am I being mislead then? Because on top of all that there is one filter that no one has, I mean I called Wix and had them check other places too and no one has a cross for this filter, to top that off the dealer doesn't even have the OEM filter they are gonna have to order it.

That is not impressive at all. A dealer ought to have shelves filled with filters. That is the most basic part to carry. We sell filters every single day of the year. I'd find another dealer that is reasonably near and have him UPS you a set of filters. We can do it from here, but you might want to build a relationship with a more local dealer. Plus shipping is cheaper and faster if you are close.

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #56  
It makes me wonder if the filter is interchangeable (the secondary and primary filters seem to be the same circumference but different lengths) because he has the primaries on hand and that he said he didn't even recognize the secondary's part #. But of course they couldn't answer that question either. It's a serious buzz kill cause the tractor's performance has been excellent to this point but now I have to deal with a stupid filter issue on a brand new tractor.

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #57  
Napa had filters for my Century and now I buy Wix filters for it and my others tractors from Amazon for a lot less money. I have commercial accounts with Napa and ABC with fair discounts, but Amazon is always cheaper. Ebay has even better prices then Amazon on some filters, but it's hit or miss if they have what you want.

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #58  
Does anyone on here happen to have cross reference info on filters for the 3520h? I've been able to find most of them but I can't find anything on the secondary trans/hydraulic filter

I don't have it handy, but to answer your question another way;
Yes and it is all detailed in the Branson/Century/Zetor forum - several years ago.

I'll take the opportunity to remind you that THIS is the Mahindra forum and while some Branson/Century/Kukje owners browse here you will find what you are looking for ...where it belongs :D
EDIT:
Ooops, it is now called the "Century & Branson" Forum.
:END EDIT