Any thing on Branson Tractors?

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #1  

loydmeeks

Tractor
none
Local dealer has pretty good pricing on Branson tractors. I know nothing about them. Any one here?

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #2  
My dad has a 3510 and likes it. He uses it mostly for mowing and some FEL work. He has had it for several years, maybe 7 or so, with only one problem. The original dealer was absolutely horrible and as a result lost his dealership. Because of this the closest dealer is quite a ways a way, so that is a bit of a negative. The problem that he has had within is the fuel shut off solenoid. He has replaced two or more of these and finally gave up. He rigged up a cable to turn the fuel off/on. This jut means that the key doesn't shut the engine off, like all diesel tractors were some years back. If I had a closer dealer I would consider purchasing one.

Good luck!
Travis

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #3  
They are a good machine for the price. My biggest concern would be the dealer. How long has he been a tractor dealer and does the dealer happen to sell any other makes, or just Branson?

There is a Branson forum, maybe check there.

Good luck. ;)

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #4  
I've had a Century tractor for ten years now, and it's the same thing as the Branson. Kind of like Chevy and GMC. They then went to just Branson. I like the tractor and haven't had any issues with it except the fuel pump. I've also broke a few things that where my fault. My dealer is pretty good, but struggles with dealing with getting parts. He's gone to finding alternative sources for some items because of price and delays. The fuel pump is an aftermarket one that they sell for half the price of a new replacement one. It works great, so no complaints.

They kind of shot themselves in the foot with too many dealers, and not requiring them to have an ability to support or service what they sold. My dealer was very frustrated with all the competiton that he had from them popping up all over the place. They didn't do any of the sevice, and he did. He got paid for it, but it was annoying to him to have to service what the guy down the road sold. Most of those guys didn't last, but others kept starting up. It gave the name a bad rep and from what I've heard, quite a bit of frustration in those who own Centrury and Branson tractors.

My dealer doesn't even sell Branson anymore, but still supports them with parts. If I was to do it again, and I'm sure I will one day, I'd look at Kubota or Deere. Having a dealer that is going to be there and a company that has a proven track record is worth paying a little more money.

Eddie

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #5  
I have a Century 3045 and am looking for tie rods. Apparently this is a bad design and they snap easily. Anyone having same issues or know where I can get some? Thanks.

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #6  
You can get the Century tie rod ends from any Branson dealer. Or order the kit that updates the top plates and tie rod ends to the larger units and you are good to go for a long time. Most dealers stock these as they broke more frequently than they should have. I've never seen an upgraded one fail.

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #7  
Thanks for the info. We have tried several dealers and they are out of stock because this seems to be a common problem. We'll keep looking.

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #8  
I Just found this Thread-- but if it is of any value still to anyone: I own a small timber farm. I purchased a Branson 3510i with a Backhoe and Loader in 2008. It is a very sturdy, reliable and Heavy duty Machine for the price I paid. You get more for the money as well: It has just a little more of everything over an equal Kubota , John Deer, Mahindra and many others regarding basic functions over all weight and features including the factory loader capacities and the backhoe capabilities. One main feature is Branson has two Hydraulic pumps (one for stering and one for attchments). I work the crap out of this tractor moving tree trunks, brush, clearing, digging huge pit-, ponds, and many other things. I never have used the PTO however, So far so good. The only drawback I see thus far is Dealers are dropping off like flies. There are still many out there and I can still get attention on parts that I Broke (my Fault) but starting to get worrried about the dealer thing.

Last edited:
   / Any thing on Branson Tractors? #9  
I Just found this Thread-- but if it is of any value still to anyone: I own a small timber farm. I purchased a Branson 3510i with a Backhoe and Loader in 2008. It is a very sturdy, reliable and Heavy duty Machine for the price I paid. You get more for the money as well: It has just a little more of everything over an equal Kubota , John Deer, Mahindra and many others regarding basic functions over all weight and features including the factory loader capacities and the backhoe capabilities. One main feature is Branson has two Hydraulic pumps (one for stering and one for attchments). I work the crap out of this tractor moving tree trunks, brush, clearing, digging huge pit-, ponds, and many other things. I never have used the PTO however, So far so good. The only drawback I see thus far is Dealers are dropping off like flies. There are still many out there and I can still get attention on parts that I Broke (my Fault) but starting to get worrried about the dealer thing.

Larry,

How many hours do you have now on your 3510h? Who was your original dealer for your Branson tractor, was it (G.W.) Anderson Tractor Sales on CR 305 in Carthage, TX? If so, are they not a Branson dealer any longer or are they going out of business? I was told recently by a Branson Territory Rep. that Anderson Tractor may be scaling back their operation some, but he didn't say anything about them going out of business. I am interested in who the current Branson dealers are in East TX because I am considering buying a Branson 3510h or a 4720h soon, and will be relocating to my place over near Jacksonville, TX. I do know that there is a dealer in Lindale that just started selling the Branson Tractors. The name is Choppers Outdoor Pwr. & Equip. on So. Main st. in Lindale, TX. :confused:

/ Any thing on Branson Tractors? #10  
Hi Jim,
I have ~250 hours on it (3510I). I bought it from ACM Tractor Sales in San Marcos Texas. The dealer was very accommodating. My Branson has never been in the dealer for repair however, I have been able to just do the stuff my self. I also have a home in Georgetown Texas (Near Austin) and I stay there when not working in Carthage, so I just drove down to ACM, ordered it and and picked it up. I was staying in Georgetown when I decide to buy a tractor so I researched to make sure there was a dealer in Carthage just in-case I had problems and found Anderson Tractor in Carthage Texas. So I figured they could help me if I needed it. Anderson Still sells Branson because I go up HWY 59 on my way to Marshall quite often and they have two sitting out on their lot now. Saw them there just a couple weeks ago. They do seem to have a smaller inventory lately though. I have only been in the Anderson Dealer once to get help on a problem with my backhoe hyd adjustment and buy a hydraulic fitting. They were OK in my opinion. However, I have been buying all my maintenance parts on-line from these guys: Big Red's Equipment Texas Lawn & Power Equipment Dealer | Tractor Packages, Bad Boy, Echo, Hustler, Ariens, Branson, Gravely, Kioti, Koyker, Wallenstein & More! They are in Dallas. I smashed the entire front Grill lights and reflectors and radiator when moving a tree. They have treated me with the utmost service and respect... They have serious Branson fever for sure. I have never dealt with the dealer in Lindale but thank you for the tip. I will look them up.