Our visit to the Mahindra Dealer.

/ Our visit to the Mahindra Dealer. #1  

ToolBoxTavern

Silver Member
Tractor
4wd 4025 Mahindra
Well we regrouped put some more thought into it and here ya go bit of a review from the visit at the dealer.

Here are the units we looked at. All was 4wd and gear tractors. All units have decent weight for traction and we will have the rear tires filled no matter which unit we pick.

4025 was the first choice. Although not a small tractor, but it was the smallest in the 25 series, but currently only one in the 25 series that is 4wd.
Mahindra Tractors - Heavy Duty, Value Packed Tractors. Built Tough to Last with a 5 year Warranty
This unit is very simple, but a great work horse. The tranny is real simple 4spd like most old tractors with shifter between your legs and has a HI/LO. So 8 forward gears and 2 backwards. You must physically stop the unit and move the gear shift from forward gear to reverse. No biggie just time consuming. We both really liked the old school, mean, looks like a tractor look. Has least amount of electronics and moving parts, definitely a plus. Would more than likely do everything we would want with the exception of hay. We do not do hay now, but if we expand or buy more property it may come up as an option or opportunity. I sure hate to pay it off and then have to trade it in on a bigger unit.From my research you need a minimum of 35 PTO HP to run a small square baler and tractor needs to weigh the same or more than the baler. All these units we are looking at are plenty HEAVY. This unit has only 31 PTO HP. Live pto. No rear remote hydraulic quick connects, but is an option for more money. Dealer said international motor, my research says mahindra motor. Least expensive we looked at.

6530 is the biggest in the 30 series. A massive brute of a tractor.
Mahindra Tractors - Heavy Duty, Value Packed Tractors. Built Tough to Last with a 5 year Warranty
This tractor is a brute, beast, actually a farming tractor. The biggest, most power, most lift capacity, and heaviest of the 3 units we looked at. Plenty of power should never need another tractor with this one.....Unless it is to big to get into where you want. Largest turning radius. Shuttle shift tranny with 8 forward and 8 backwards gears. Wife didnt like the stack being up in part of her field of vision. Independent pto. 57 pto hp would run a square baler or a decent size round baler if needed. 2 remotes standard on back (4 quick disconnect hydraulic hook ups). Dealer said international motor, my research says mahindra motor. Most expensive of the 3.

5035 is the largest in the 35 series and largest
Mahindra compact. It is a beast of a tractor itself.
This unit is a beast and our future tractor. This unit has all the bells and whistles. I was surprised when I sat on the unit of its ergonomics. This unit just felt like a joy when you was in the operators seat like you would enjoy being on it. The other 2 units actually felt like you was at a job getting paid minimum wage. They felt like work. This unit was amazing. Everything was right at your hands with a wide operators platform. The wife really loved everything being right at her hands in reach (no over reaching)and felt comfortable also. So if she feels comfortable then IMO she feels safe. Tranny is a shuttle shift has 12 forward and 12 reverse gears. Has most gears so finding the right gear for any job would never be a problem. 43 pto hp. Will run a nice square baler, but not a round baler. Round balers require bout 45 pto hp minimum from what I have seen. Suprisingly has a live and independent pto. I never heard of such a animal till now. Bad is it is a push button pto with a solenoid that activates pto. Salesman said that make sure you activate everything on unit once a month and should be fine. He said only thing they ever heard of is sometimes if not used over a long period of time you may need to tap solenoid with a hammer to activate it. 1 set of rear remotes (2quick connect hydraulics on back). Has a hook up for trailer lights. I didnt notice if the other 2 units did, but Im sure the 6530 would. Had most gauges and idiot lights. Bad most moving parts and most electronics. Dealer said international motor, my research says Mitsubishi motor. Comes in around $26,000 for unit and FEL.

Just wanted to share. It will still be a bit before we buy, but this is what our research puts us at so far.

I really like the Mahindra forum here for what it is worth to you guys. Now I'll be putting more research into the 5035.

/ Our visit to the Mahindra Dealer. #2  
To the best of my knowledge, all 3 of the tractors that you looked at have Mahindra engines in them. They are all built in India and as far as I know of, all their tractors that are built in India have Mahindra engines in them. The 5035 is a beast indeed and would be my choice if I were to get a tractor of that size. ;)

/ Our visit to the Mahindra Dealer. #3  
Tool box, I have a 5530 and love it. I loaded the tires at purchase and added dual remotes later. It has plenty of power, but wish I had the 6530, same size juat more HP. The biggest draw back of the 30 series is no option for 12x12 transmission, would be nice. Overall very happy with machine. Spent a couple hours yesterday running a Bush Hog 286 trying to reclaim part of a field that hadn't been touched in 30 years. For the money you can't beat them. I was leary about the whole India thing until I found out the green 55 hp machines are made in India too. Nobody I could find was truely made stateside, at least in this size. Good luck!

/ Our visit to the Mahindra Dealer. #4  
In a pinch you'll be able to run a round baler with it. I've run a round baler with my 4530. Do yourself a big favor spring for the extra remote. You will never regret it. You will kick youself someday if you don't get it.

/ Our visit to the Mahindra Dealer. #5  
I drove the 4035 and 5035. I like the power of the 5035 better. You are right about the controls. Laid out really nice and comfortable. Only thing I do not like is the use of the hard plastic around the steering area. Im pretty sold on these tractors as you can see. Not in a real hurry to buy so I like testing everything. Have fun.

/ Our visit to the Mahindra Dealer. #6  
I started looking at a 33 horse New Holland HST, then quickly spent several years slobbering all over the 45hp New Holland and Case HST's... then decided I still wanted something bigger and heavier after coming up against stuff my JD2240 was too small for. Spent some time looking at the New Holland 16 speed tractors and Kabota 5740's [ need lots of groundspeed choices for running my big blower ]. Finally run across the infor on the 5035. Had plenty of power, LOTS of weight/traction, HST, and those big meaty tires finally did it for me.... :)
[ don't tell my wife, she will be jealous... and make me pay, someway..... ]

/ Our visit to the Mahindra Dealer. #7  
All of those tractors definately have a Mahindra made engine in them!
Simply put...you get what you pay for. The 35 series is the most ergonomic and has the most bells and whistles, but you pay for them. Tractors have gone the way of autos. The more options they sell the more profit margin. I've never had any problem with the pto solenoid on the newer tractors, but have heard of it happening. All nice tractors!

/ Our visit to the Mahindra Dealer. #8  
Mine is a 2008 Mahindra 5525 with the ML250 FEL. A big, heavy, simple, rugged tractor. It's definitely old school with it's partially synchronized tranny. It handles my MF124 baler (two twine, small bales) with no problem.

Good luck.

/ Our visit to the Mahindra Dealer.
Great info guys. We had a bit of fun. Took the kids also when we went, but of course they wasnt to much into it except the youngest. He is 4 and the only boy. I bet there was not one tractor at the dealership that he didnt sit on.

We are really looking forward to getting it, but just trying to hold off till next year. We have gone forever with out one and we are in a position to get one, but want to put a little in the savings first. We are be handed down 14 acres that I have lived on my entire life next year and we really want to be smart and make the best of it. Every time I get real close to buying it I think how long we did with out and it helps keep me in check. We currently run cows on the property and the property next door, but we are considering making the transition to goats, but no matter what we need to rebuild fences, build a barn, put up some small pens, etc. The tractor would just speed things up and if we ever expand we will have plenty of power. I think I will also put the word out and maybe get a few shredding jobs to help the tractor pay for its self.

Anyways keep the posts and comments coming I am sure learning a lot and enjoying the knowledge and experience being given.