Broke down and did it today

/ Broke down and did it today #1  

kootch88

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46
Well, I did it. I finally decided on a leftover 1816. The dealer says it is exactly the same as the max series and will take the front mount snowblower, but is 18hp instead of the 22for the max. Since I will only do mowing and light loader work and snow blowing I felt the price savings was worthwhile. Final price is 1400 with fel and mmm. Thoughts on price..?

/ Broke down and did it today #3  
I am sorry can't help with the price. But I hope you have many hours of FUN seat time!:thumbsup:

/ Broke down and did it today
1816 fell through thanks to Davestractor and his knowledge. I will now be the proud owner of a Max 22. I'd like to thank Davestractor for saving me a big headache down the road. I had a few back and forth e-mails with him regarding the feasibility of putting a Snowblower on the front of the 1816 because my dealer was insisting it was possible. The dealer got his Max 22's in this morning and agreed he was wrong, so kudos to him for stepping up to to the plate. He threw in a weight box for my trouble and sold the tractor, FEL and MMM for 15,200 if anyone is curious about what they are selling for. So, I am probably the very first owner of a MAX 22 in the state of maine since they were just delivered here this morning.

/ Broke down and did it today
Not to be sappy, but my Max 22 is beautiful!! should I wax it up before getting her muddy? :laughing:

/ Broke down and did it today #7  
Congrats on the Max22!!!! Obviously.... pics sooner then later, please!!!!

/ Broke down and did it today #8  
Not to be sappy, but my Max 22 is beautiful!! should I wax it up before getting her muddy? :laughing:
Congratulations, I'm sure you are going to love the Max.

Waxing is a great way to maintain the life of the tractor. Someone who goes to that extent will probably be diligent in other maintenance areas. Some guys wax the wheel wells too.

I'm glad you asked, as it is a reminder for me to do it again.

/ Broke down and did it today #9  
Waxing is a great way to maintain the life of the tractor. Someone who goes to that extent will probably be diligent in other maintenance areas. Some guys wax the wheel wells too.

+1 its amazing seeing waxed vs non waxed a few years down the road on equipment. kinda like you can tell when a tractor was in a shed or not.

even just once a year will help.

/ Broke down and did it today #10  
Waxing it is a good idea. A shiny hood is nice! Some folks lean toward just viewing a tractor as a tool and are not worried about looks. Me I agree with the idea of protecting the metal surfaces and making it look good, especially where salt off the roads can be a factor. instead of waxing the under carriage and the inside and outside of the wheel rims, axels, etc., you might want to give these parts a light coat of Fluid FIlm. I put Fluid Film on many areas of my tractor when it was new, on a warm day (it will not spread if it is cold out and the metal is cold) and now almost 9 years later it still looks great. Tractor on and enjoy!!