3616 or 28xl Max, or whatever

/ 3616 or 28xl Max, or whatever #1  

Dingo Man

Silver Member
Tractor
12' Kioti DK40SE HST
I am not new to the site I just don't contribute much in the forums. I have a couple of questions about the two above models, and I know what you all are thinking I am comparing apples to oranges. I am not trying to compare the two I am just trying to figure out what I need and then if the price is right I will get what I want. At this time I am still reduced to a lowly JD riding mower that is on it's way out due to a peice of crap transaxle Tuff Torq makes for the lower end models the K46. The replacement for the transaxle is 50% of the overall cost of the mower itself. So I have started thinking maybe settling on a smaller tractor like the Max 28 that I can mow my lawn as well as preform my real tractor wants and needs. But I also have read time and time again about people who mistakenly buy to small of a tractor wishing they would have gone bigger. I know I could get by just fine with something like the Max 28xl. But who knows what will come down the road in the future when I might want a bigger tractor.

I am almost positive I am going with Mahindra although Mahindra have gone through three dealers in my area in the past two years. The dealer who is presently selling them I have heard are a great dealership who specialize with the TYM and LS.

First question. Will the 3616 accept a MMM. On Mahindra's website they have a picture of a 3616 with a MMM but I can not find it else where on the website.

Second. I know they are very new but what are the currently impressions about the Max 28's.

I own 20acres of hilly land. 10 acres are lawn and mowed feild. Gardening, yard work, firewood, and snow removal will be common uses. In the neare future weekend warrior size beef farming.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

/ 3616 or 28xl Max, or whatever #2  
I am not new to the site I just don't contribute much in the forums. I have a couple of questions about the two above models, and I know what you all are thinking I am comparing apples to oranges. I am not trying to compare the two I am just trying to figure out what I need and then if the price is right I will get what I want. At this time I am still reduced to a lowly JD riding mower that is on it's way out due to a peice of crap transaxle Tuff Torq makes for the lower end models the K46. The replacement for the transaxle is 50% of the overall cost of the mower itself. So I have started thinking maybe settling on a smaller tractor like the Max 28 that I can mow my lawn as well as preform my real tractor wants and needs. But I also have read time and time again about people who mistakenly buy to small of a tractor wishing they would have gone bigger. I know I could get by just fine with something like the Max 28xl. But who knows what will come down the road in the future when I might want a bigger tractor.

I am almost positive I am going with Mahindra although Mahindra have gone through three dealers in my area in the past two years. The dealer who is presently selling them I have heard are a great dealership who specialize with the TYM and LS.

First question. Will the 3616 accept a MMM. On Mahindra's website they have a picture of a 3616 with a MMM but I can not find it else where on the website.

Second. I know they are very new but what are the currently impressions about the Max 28's.

I own 20acres of hilly land. 10 acres are lawn and mowed feild. Gardening, yard work, firewood, and snow removal will be common uses. In the neare future weekend warrior size beef farming.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I think that you answered your own question in your post.