Initial prices for Max 28xl

/ Initial prices for Max 28xl #11  
Looks like I got the best offer this week. I drove the Max 28 this morning. Pretty nice tractor. He priced it for $14,800 with a FEL. I probably would have bought it for sure but I am a Massey guy. Tested a 1526 yesterday and it was pretty nice too. I had to make a pro and con list to come to my conclusion. A couple of good points on the MAX was it had metal fenders. Most everything is fiberglass anymore. It had a Tilt Steering Wheel and Massey didn't. It only had a 48" bucket and the Massey was 60" It has an option of 54" I don't think the Max had a bigger one but I could be wrong. The Massey has a 3 range Hydro and Max has 2. The Max moved slower in Low range than the Massey at full throttle. The Hydraulic seems a little rougher on the Max but that could be from the new. The seat was higher and more comfortable on the Massey and the Massey has side by side Hydro Pedal where as the max has rocker pedals. I was pretty impressed with the MAX 2 though. It is shorter and Wider and looked like it would be a lot more stable mowing on sloped ground. The ROPS was more straight up and looked a little more solid.

Hope this wasn't too long but just thought I'd give my input. Sorry guys, The Massey won my heart again. But the MAX sure isn't anything to complain about too much.
:thumbsup:

/ Initial prices for Max 28xl #12  
I just got home from my local Mahindra Dealer located in Old Town Maine. I asked him to give me a ball park dollar amount for the max 28. He advised me Mahindra's list price is $19,400 but they would be selling them at $16,999 with FEL.
QUOTE]

That seems a bit high to me as I talked to a dealer in VA and he quoted me a price of 15,250ish. I can't remember the exact number but it was a little over 15K.

Have you thought about the 2516? From what I'm told, it's the exact same as the 28XL save for they tweaked the engine to get 3 more HP on the 28. I was quoted 14,100 for 60 months at 5.69 IR.

I'm really interested in purchasing one but it's more of a need than a want at this stage in life.

2516 has a 105 loader vs the 28XL with a 205 loader.
Considerable difference in Loader Specs, but I question how such a little tractor like the 28 XL can be stable with a loader rated to lift 1402 lbs at pins? This would still be a +1000 Lbs center bucket, and machine would be tippy without at least 500 LBS counter weight.

/ Initial prices for Max 28xl #13  
2516 has a 105 loader vs the 28XL with a 205 loader.
Considerable difference in Loader Specs, but I question how such a little tractor like the 28 XL can be stable with a loader rated to lift 1402 lbs at pins? This would still be a +1000 Lbs center bucket, and machine would be tippy without at least 500 LBS counter weight.

There are many machines out there capable of lifting more then they can handle in a stock spec. I would expect one would load the rear tires, add a 400 lb box blade or counter weight and eat a lot of potato chips if they plan to operate at maximum.

/ Initial prices for Max 28xl #14  
There are many machines out there capable of lifting more then they can handle in a stock spec. I would expect one would load the rear tires, add a 400 lb box blade or counter weight and eat a lot of potato chips if they plan to operate at maximum.

Or, you could put a BX on the 3pt hitch.