3016 buyer help

/ 3016 buyer help #1  

megolfer

Tractor
ford 8n
Getting ready to buy a 3016 with fel. What are you guys paying for these in California. Gow much does a dealer usually mark these up. I have read about the financing on these and how the 0% is not really that. When going to a bank will most banks financr these like a new vehicle or what are they classified as. I am just looking for the best options and the best way to negoiate. Any help would be great.

/ 3016 buyer help #2  
Getting ready to buy a 3016 with fel. What are you guys paying for these in California. Gow much does a dealer usually mark these up. I have read about the financing on these and how the 0% is not really that. When going to a bank will most banks financr these like a new vehicle or what are they classified as. I am just looking for the best options and the best way to negoiate. Any help would be great.

Most dealers price these at the 4.25% rate, where you neither pay extra nor get a cash discount. From there you can save about $400 going to standard rate of about 5.8% (varies with term length). That gives you the same price as cash, but still a reasonable rate. And as there really is no free lunch, if you opt for 0% the price does go up unfortunatley.

Some dealers price at 0%, and then only talk about discounts for the various rates that cost them less. It's up to the dealer.

As far as mark up, it varies widely. Most volume dealers hold a fairly tight margin. Most guys with high prices never become volume dealers. Most guys with super cheap prices don't remain dealers for long. :) It's a balance thing.