Is this New???

/ Is this New??? #11  
I don't understand why thousand dollar equipment sits outside uncovered. I wouldn't pay full price for that.

If a $200,000 tractor sits outside, then no reason why a rotary mower cant.

Our stuff sits outside during the. Season it is used, then all gets shoe horned into a shed for the winter.

/ Is this New??? #12  
The PTO safety protection shield looks like it has a fairly good sized nick in it from possible spinning or perhaps a swaped out gearbox as the hold down bolts and nuts look squeaky fresh as opposed to the paint loss and surface rusted gearbox housing. Blades can be changed out, the condition of the interior deck will tell the tale. Not a full retail purchase.

/ Is this New??? #13  
This goes back to common sense and fair dealing. If I were a dealer I do not think I could pass off even that piece of equipment as "new" and expect to get full retail. I would probably say to the buyer, "you know this is a new piece of equipment but it has set out for a while, im going to take x amount of dollars off just to recognize the fact". I guarentee that doing this up front will pay off loads down the road. I know that I drive a fair distance just to do business with people just like that. Treat me fair and I will gladly do business with you.

/ Is this New??? #14  
The PTO safety protection shield looks like it has a fairly good sized nick in it from possible spinning or perhaps a swaped out gearbox as the hold down bolts and nuts look squeaky fresh as opposed to the paint loss and surface rusted gearbox housing. Blades can be changed out, the condition of the interior deck will tell the tale. Not a full retail purchase.

I have to agree on this one. those bolts look brand spankin new compared to the rest of the deck. Something does not add up. I understand the stuff sits out and that is fine but don't try to pass something off as new when it obviously has been tampered with. that gear box has not been on that mower very long by the looks of it.

/ Is this New??? #15  
I have to agree on this one. those bolts look brand spankin new compared to the rest of the deck. Something does not add up. I understand the stuff sits out and that is fine but don't try to pass something off as new when it obviously has been tampered with. that gear box has not been on that mower very long by the looks of it.
I would have to disagree. It is probbaly that the bolts were rustproofed better than the gearbox was. Look at the sheetmetal screw that is holding the manual tube in place. It looks just like the gearbox bolts.

Aaron Z

/ Is this New??? #16  
Looks new to me..... just looks like it has been sitting outside on the dealers lot for a bit.

/ Is this New??? #17  
Whether it sits out in the middle of a field to fade and rust up after purchased is the buyers choice, can't say I would have paid full price for something that looks like that, "new" or not.

Not to say I wouldn't have bought it after looking it over, but I try to protect my equipment from rust, not so much an appearance issue as it is just good maintenance.

/ Is this New??? #18  
The dealer should have given you a heads-up and said he had some new (as in never sold or used) but aged/faded mowers in stock for $xx discount, or you can order a spanking new one for $xxx price plus freight and you can have that in a couple of weeks. I'd never deliver something that aged looking without an understanding with the customer. Most people will gladly buy a scratch/dent implement, but they want to be told ahead of time and be given a little discount.

/ Is this New??? #19  
The dealer should have given you a heads-up and said he had some new (as in never sold or used) but aged/faded mowers in stock for discount, or you can order a spanking new one for price plus freight and you can have that in a couple of weeks. I'd never deliver something that aged looking without an understanding with the customer. Most people will gladly buy a scratch/dent implement, but they want to be told ahead of time and be given a little discount.

Again, this only makes good business sense. No misunderstandings and everyone knows what is going on. No one trying to sneak one over. I wonder if the dealer who sold the unit would buy a new f150 with a camper top that sat outside and was faded like the unit in question. I bet the dealer of the tractor would raise holy Y%^@%^&*!!! I knew Dave would chime in. Treat your customers like you want to be treated and laugh all the way to the bank.

/ Is this New??? #20  
I bet the dealer of the tractor would raise holy Y%^@%^&*!!! I knew Dave would chime in. Treat your customers like you want to be treated and laugh all the way to the bank.

We try to only snicker and grin on the way to the bank, no laughing out loud allowed. :)

When I started this business, several thousand tractors ago, I told my wife if we just treated customers respectfully and gave prompt courteous communication, we would be ahead of 80% of our competition.