Mahindra 3016 vs 3616

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #1  

skdavis100

Need some help. Trying to figure out whether to go with 3016 or 3616. I have 12 acres of woods and 3 acres of field. Many downed trees to move and brush piles. I am planning on 5 foot bush hog and a grapple with remote hydraulics. In future a tiller for garden It looks like about $4K difference in price. I know everyone says it is OK to buy more tractor than you think you need. Does anyone have price difference data? Any suggestions?

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #2  
WOW, that is a huge price difference to get that other 6 HP. :shocked: No wonder they sell more 3016s. Double check with a different dealer, it would be nice to have the 36hp, but not for $4k more. :eek:

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #3  
I'm actually thinking about both options myself. I have 55 acres ... about 10 in fields and the rest wooded. Some pretty good hills. I want a package that will let me tend to the land and make food plots on those 10 cleared acres for deer/turkey. I've done a lot of research so far on forums like this trying to gather prices. What I'm going to offer (hopefully later this week) on the 3016 is pretty solid I think. A fair deal for both of us. But I'm also considering the 3616 ... not so sure on the #'s just yet. But here is what I have:

3016 Gear:

$14,500 (Tractor with FEL)
$800 (5' Bush hog)
$800 (5' Finish mower)
$1500 (5'Tiller)
$600 (spreader)
$100 (Weld hooks on bucket)
----------------------------
$18,300
-$12,000 (Down payment)
$6,300 Finance --- payment $86.84/month for 84

3616 Shuttle:

$17,200 (Tractor with FEL)
$800 (5' Bush hog)
$800 (5' Finish mower)
$1500 (5'Tiller)
$600 (spreader)
$100 (Weld hooks on bucket)
$21,000
-$12,000 (Down payment)
$9,000 Finance --- payment $124.06/month for 84

I also plan to use the Red Tag event since I'm buying implements I can get no interest and no payments till October. Please post up any pricing information you have on these two tractors if you have any so we can get a good deal and make the dealer happy too.

Thanks,

Brian

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #4  
Brian, with the land that you have, maybe you should consider a 35 series tractor.

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #5  
Brian, with the land that you have, maybe you should consider a 35 series tractor.

Would love to... just don't have the $. I know it will take longer to do what I want with the smaller tractor... but I can get it done I think. This is mostly for "fun" so I have nights and weekends ... no wife... no kids ... I can be out there all day.

Thanks,

Brian

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616
Brian,
Your numbers seem high. I am looking at HST, but dealers seem ready to throw in hooks, filled tires, and implements at "cost" Have you gotten multiple quotes?

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #7  
Brian,
Your numbers seem high. I am looking at HST, but dealers seem ready to throw in hooks, filled tires, and implements at "cost" Have you gotten multiple quotes?

Nope... the quote I got was basically MSRP prices and the prices I listed above were complied from forums like this one and other places I could find on the internet where people listed what they actually paid for their tractors and implements.

These prices are with delivery and filled tires.

I'd love to hear what kind of prices you think are fair.

Brian

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616
I picked this off an earlier post. " Aug, 2011 - Negotiations went pretty well: 3016 HST with loader, skid steer quick connect, box blade, and shredder. Got the $800 discount for cash, and a $400 discount for the package deal. Negotiated the higher cost galvanized-dipped implements for the painted price, got them to weld clips on the bucket for free, and got them to throw in a grille guard for free. Total price $16,700. Also added pallet forks for $695" Not sure if prices have gone up?

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #9  
I picked this off an earlier post. " Aug, 2011 - Negotiations went pretty well: 3016 HST with loader, skid steer quick connect, box blade, and shredder. Got the $800 discount for cash, and a $400 discount for the package deal. Negotiated the higher cost galvanized-dipped implements for the painted price, got them to weld clips on the bucket for free, and got them to throw in a grille guard for free. Total price $16,700. Also added pallet forks for $695" Not sure if prices have gone up?

I actually used this one in my list above. I'd say it's still about correct... if you look I think I have a few more implements on my list than this guy... so I think that makes up the difference ... the Tiller is $1500 alone.

He also paid cash which is a decent discount. $800 is what he said... and I have to finance part of it so I don't get that discount.

Thanks,

Brian

/ Mahindra 3016 vs 3616 #10  
Would love to... just don't have the $. I know it will take longer to do what I want with the smaller tractor... but I can get it done I think. This is mostly for "fun" so I have nights and weekends ... no wife... no kids ... I can be out there all day.

Thanks,

Brian

I'm guessing that you could get a 3535 for about the same money and a 4035 somewhere in the low 20's. Doesn't hurt to ask, waaaaaaaaaaay more tractor than the 16 series machines.