Mahindra 3616 backhoe question

/ Mahindra 3616 backhoe question #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Looks like the backhoe is small for this size tractor.

Is this because a large hoe wouldn't have room due to the cab?

Anyone have a 3616 with a hoe?

Is the hoe operation done outside the cab?

/ Mahindra 3616 backhoe question #2  
Looks like the backhoe is small for this size tractor.

Is this because a large hoe wouldn't have room due to the cab?

Anyone have a 3616 with a hoe?

Is the hoe operation done outside the cab?

Regarding the cab model, the backhoe operation is done on the backhoe's own seat, outside the cab. The backhoe is really high quality, made by Amerequip. It is smaller than the open station KMW built backhoe. Mitsubishi is very specific about front and rear axle loads and other requirements for OEM attachments, and with the weight of the cab, the AC, the loader, etc. I think they spec'd out an optimal load for the backhoe and it was designed around that. For 95% of the typical small tractor backhoe uses, it does all that is required. My only beef is that you sacrifice some reach.

It sure mounts and dismounts nice. We are installing one today, along with a front mount snow blower.

/ Mahindra 3616 backhoe question
Regarding the cab model, the backhoe operation is done on the backhoe's own seat, outside the cab. The backhoe is really high quality, made by Amerequip. It is smaller than the open station KMW built backhoe. Mitsubishi is very specific about front and rear axle loads and other requirements for OEM attachments, and with the weight of the cab, the AC, the loader, etc. I think they spec'd out an optimal load for the backhoe and it was designed around that. For 95% of the typical small tractor backhoe uses, it does all that is required. My only beef is that you sacrifice some reach.

It sure mounts and dismounts nice. We are installing one today, along with a front mount snow blower.

Thanks for the info... just curious because I've been looking a lot at the Mahindra specs for a possible purchase for use in Washington State...

Unlike my part of CA... Western Washington has been know to have greater precipitation.

Will loading the rear tires affect the Mahindra warranty?

/ Mahindra 3616 backhoe question #4  
Thanks for the info... just curious because I've been looking a lot at the Mahindra specs for a possible purchase for use in Washington State...

Unlike my part of CA... Western Washington has been know to have greater precipitation.

Will loading the rear tires affect the Mahindra warranty?

Liquid ballast in the rear tires is fine. The operators manual gives loading suggestions, maximum axle loads, etc.

/ Mahindra 3616 backhoe question #5  
i have one too
it has no down pressure to dig. how is yours with down pressure ?
can you raise the tractor ? mine will not

/ Mahindra 3616 backhoe question #6  

Always nice to see a dealer trying to help and giving a "quality" answer. A+ to you Dave!

/ Mahindra 3616 backhoe question #8  
THERE IS NO DOWN PRESSURE TO DIG
CAN YOU LIFT THE TRACTOR ?????????????????MINE NO what about yours ??
GREAT job on your reply but i guess are specs are from pencil pushers that never operated a backhoe !
are you a dealer for mahindra ?

/ Mahindra 3616 backhoe question #9  
I'm not sure if your reply was meant for me, but yes I am a dealer, and yes it will lift the back of the tractor. The MB65 on the cab tractor is smaller and less powerful than the 3720 used on the open stations, but you can lift yourself up with it and swing across a trench. You can't do it fully extended with the bucket edge dug into the ground and all 4 tires up in the air like on a JD210 or Case 580. But with the front bucket down on the ground flat and the backhoe stick out a couple of feet, it'll lift the tractor and you can even swing over a trench. If you have no down pressure you need to take it to your dealer and have him check it out because I think you have a problem.

/ Mahindra 3616 backhoe question #10  
I'm not sure if your reply was meant for me, but yes I am a dealer, and yes it will lift the back of the tractor. The MB65 on the cab tractor is smaller and less powerful than the 3720 used on the open stations, but you can lift yourself up with it and swing across a trench. You can't do it fully extended with the bucket edge dug into the ground and all 4 tires up in the air like on a JD210 or Case 580. But with the front bucket down on the ground flat and the backhoe stick out a couple of feet, it'll lift the tractor and you can even swing over a trench. If you have no down pressure you need to take it to your dealer and have him check it out because I think you have a problem.

Or a 6520. 12-31-07 Tractor jacks resized.jpg
hugs, Brandi