Buying Advice So i go into the Kubota dealer this afternoon who also sells Mahindra's

/ So i go into the Kubota dealer this afternoon who also sells Mahindra's #1  

ddobson

I'm fairly set on the Kubota B33xx/B32xx until he shows me the Mahindra. Well having done no research on them except reading here they look pretty good. I'm trying to figure out now if I should take a closer look at the 3616Hst w/ FEL or stay with the Kubota. Specs wise the Mahindra beats the Kubota and they're only about $1000 apart(mahindra is more). Just wanted to get feedback from folks here and would appreciate your thoughts.

/ So i go into the Kubota dealer this afternoon who also sells Mahindra's #2  
I could be wrong, but I was thinking the Kubota L3200 was a closer comparison to the Mahindra 3616. You are right about the 3616 being more tractor than the B series, as I recall they are taller, wider and heavier than the B series.

I got mine to mow open spaces on a 5 acre tract, not to maneuver between flower beds and garden gnomes, so physical size was not a big deal to me. For some it is a major consideration that eliminates the L series Kubotas. For you, you need to decide. If you can live with the size of the 3616 and manage with size of the B series, then I would say take a look at the L series as well and decide what blend of capability, size, weight and price make you feel best.

There is NO tractor that is better than any other except when compared task by task. Then you will find you want a different tractor for almost every chore you have. :licking:

I bought an L3700 rather than a Mahindra because the prices were within a $1000 of each other, Kubota had better financing, and I liked my Kubota dealer better than the Mahindra dealer. Each tractor would have done the job, but I felt more comfortable with my choice for those reasons.

/ So i go into the Kubota dealer this afternoon who also sells Mahindra's
Thanks. Looking at the L3200 specs that makes more sense. He may just be showing me what he has on the floor, not really a straight up comparison...

/ So i go into the Kubota dealer this afternoon who also sells Mahindra's #4  
That would be a tough call, specially if you like the dealer. If you'll be doing a lot of ground engaging work, I'd seriously consider the Mahindra. They are heavier and better loader specs. The Kubota B series seriously lack weight for serious ground work (digging etc). Or look at the heavier L's.

/ So i go into the Kubota dealer this afternoon who also sells Mahindra's #5  
I think the 3616 compares closer to the L3800. They are within 120 lbs in weight (Kubota heavier), within about 1 hp, nearly the same tire size. The Mahindra is a foot longer and a little wider. The Mahindra lifts 500 lbs more in the bucket, has a larger pump, lifts 650 lb more at the three-point. The Kubota has 1.2 HP more at 100 rpm more. This is a pretty close comparison, and I'd go with the one you like best. The Mahindra wins in the specs department, but you aren't driving a spreadsheet, and in most circumstances the Kubota specs would be more than adequate. That being said, as a Mahindra dealer I'd make a good case that our Mitsubishi built 16 series is the one to buy.

If you compare with a B series, then you might look at our Max 28XL. It has 1 PTO HP less than the B3030 (22 vs 23), and is real close in specs in most areas, with the B3030 being a little ahead in many specs (but it should be, it's a 30HP machine, vs the mid-compact 28 HP Max) The Mahindra loader is rated at 1402 lbs. vs the B3030 at 1091 lbs.

Ironically, the Max 28XL FEL outlifts the L3800 in the specs I am reviewing. That doesn't sound right, so Kubota fans please correct me. I am looking at the LA524 specs, maybe they are outdated?

I just put out a bunch of specs after saying that specs aren't that important. Just trying to confuse the matter I guess. :laughing: We do see buyers that just anguish over certain specs when it really matters more to buy a comfortable, high quality tractor from a dealer you trust. Most of these compact tractors will do way more than people think they will, and seldom do people max them out unless they try using them as forklifts or bulldozers.

Thanks for the replies.... I'm exactly at the point of comparing the L3800 to the 3616 where we'll probably take some test rides this week. I am hoping that will help clear it up. The B series is out and I believe my dealer showed me the Mahindra as it was right in the same neighborhood pricewise. One of the things that holds me back from just flat out going with the 3616 is that they're 'newer' to the US market v. the Kubota. I'd like to have this tractor for many years into the future and don't want to worry about parts availability or dealership support in the Mahindra line. I'm not sure if my concerns are warranted but my local dealer has a 40 year relationship with kubota and only 4 with Mahindra...

/ So i go into the Kubota dealer this afternoon who also sells Mahindra's #7  
Thanks for the replies.... One of the things that holds me back from just flat out going with the 3616 is that they're 'newer' to the US market v. the Kubota. I'd like to have this tractor for many years into the future and don't want to worry about parts availability or dealership support in the Mahindra line. I'm not sure if my concerns are warranted but my local dealer has a 40 year relationship with kubota and only 4 with Mahindra...

Divorce! nasty term but in the past I've represented more brands by different names then I often care to count. Kubota, is a Kubota and that makes my life simple. When a customer comes in I as a dealer don''t have to worry about where to go to find parts. Not like the other lines which from time to time have all to short of a relationship with a manufacturer. It really is deeper then just the dealers experience with a line. Dealers are in between you and the manufactuers and from time to time it is hard to put things together when machines are only ten years old!

/ So i go into the Kubota dealer this afternoon who also sells Mahindra's #8  
ddobson
Hi just wondering which dealer you went to in our area? Research them well and make sure you get everything you would like to have. There will always be some little thing that gets cut. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ So i go into the Kubota dealer this afternoon who also sells Mahindra's #9  
I was pretty much set on a Kubota in the beginning too, that's why it's important to shop EVERYTHING. If the Mahindra suits you better, of course you should go that way. I think you're on the right track now, comparing tractors that should be compared, I found Kubota trying to use the B line as comparisons based on price, not specs. I don't know Mahindra since I don't have any dealers even remotely close to me, but everything I read here seem great and I'd believe that if you look at compatible tractors, you'll pay a lot less for one than for Kubota.

Since you missed Mahindra in your initial shopping, what else did you look at. Look at EVERYTHING before putting that much money down.

I looked at JD and just briefly New Holland. These are the other dealers within ~ 1/2 hour of me.