Buying Advice Mahindra Max 30 day return program

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #11  
I shopped Kubota and Deere because I wanted a dealer close by. I actually really liked the Deere but did not get too serious about it because of the two peddle system. I knew I had to fabricate hand controls and though I could have done it on the Deere, it would have made it more cumbersome to operate, so I nixed that pretty quick, but it was hard to do because I always have had Deere lawn tractors and everyone in my family has a Deere and a GM. LOL I still have two Deere Lawn tractors, one of which I will sell when I take the time to do so.

The Kubotas are so nice, I have also really liked them, but the BX series was too small for my needs and the B series was a little bit large, and though I seriously looked at a BX25 the price was a lot higher (I think $17800) for a lesser machine in based on specs. It was a tough decision to go to Mahindra and I almost still ended up with a BX, but after looking at the Mahindras I really liked how they were built, liked the all metal fenders and hood as well as the solid feel of the machines. The Mahindras have a really good fit and finish to them and Mitsubishi has always been a very good engine. Like I said, so far the only complaint, which is small, is the ground clearance compared to a B series Kubota.

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #12  
The Kubotas are so nice, I have also really liked them, but the BX series was too small for my needs and the B series was a little bit large,

So what deere and what B were you comparing too.

I dont know if you read any of the debate going on in the BX25 vs Max25 thread, but this correlates with that:

You say the B was too big? So that is why I ask what B??? And this is exactally the answers I was looking for in the other thread....since I have not seen the Max in person, all I am doing is armchair-comparing the specs.

But the B2320 vs the Max 22:

the B2320 takes the same size tires. 6-12 and 9.5x16
The B2320 is ~95" long W/O counting the 3PH the Max is 104" counting the 3PH
The B2320 is ~45" wide, the max is 50
The kubota is ~200lb lighter
The 3PH lift capacity is within 50lbs of eachother
Mahindra doesnt list wheelbase or ground clearence, so....

Dont take this the wrong way. I am not trying to start a war here. But in the "other" thread, it was mentioned by a few that the Max was smaller than the B-series and larger than the BX. Well...It is obvious that it is larger than the BX, I just dont see where it is "smaller" than the B2x20 series. That is why I am asking someone who just shopped them.

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #13  
I'm climbing on this from a wheelchair, and I looked at a lot of tractors last fall, B23 & 26 models primarily, and this spring I looked at the bx 25 and Mahindra, so those are the only ones I can specific with as far as model. So when I say the B was too big remember, my perspective is quite a bit different than yours. The B had a lot more ground clearance though and the foot plates made it hard for me to drag my fat butt up to the seat.

And as I said on the Deere, I didn't even bother climbing on because my first round of shopping involved trying to figure out if I could make hand controls that were going to be comfortable, so Deere was nixed pretty quickly. That left me with Kubota and then Mahindra. My next step was figuring out getting on and off. I used the Mahindra 1816 as my guide as far as getting on and off because they were not at the dealers yet when I got really serious, but the dealer said they were almost the same footprint. Once the Max 22 came in I tried getting on and bought it that same morning, the day after they were dropped off the truck. I also looked at the Max28 which was also too big for me to get on and off comfortably.

I've read the debates in the other threads and I am sick of people fighting about it. You asked a question and I am trying to answer you. I will say the B felt bigger than the Mahindra, but I did not get real serious because of my difficulty in getting on. The BX was easiest to get on but I had a lot apprehension in buying it because of the capacity limitations. I also wasn't too fond of the plastic, but the dealer was by far the best. I'd had work done on my atv with these folks before, so I already knew what they were like.

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #14  
thats a **** of an idea Ill just get one of the mahindras to do some heavy digging and move some rip rap for an upcoming job. I only need to move 20 ton of rap to put in the mouth of a swale. Ill use it for 8 hours tops to complete job and return it:thumbsup:

Your luck you would fall in love with the Max and end up keeping a tractor you just beat up! Then your new JD would get jealous. :eek:

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #15  
I've read the debates in the other threads and I am sick of people fighting about it. You asked a question and I am trying to answer you. I will say the B felt bigger than the Mahindra, but I did not get real serious because of my difficulty in getting on.

Thats fair enough.

You sound like a very smart shopper. Like what I am always preaching. You were not blinded by one color. You tried out several and bought the one that was the best fit for YOU. You didnt get hung up in the hype and BS.

I guess the way I see it.....Dont believe what mahindra says about kubota....go see for yourself. And dont believe what kubota says about mahindra, GO see for yourself. And DONT believe what a Bunch of internet junkies say on a forum....GO SEE FOR YOURSELF:D

On a side note...how did you set up the hand controls on the MAX??? I'd like to see some pics if ya dont mind sharing? Does the Max have the one pedal like kubota or is it two? I would think one pedal would be easier to make a hand control. Push forward and go forward, pull back and go back.

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #16  
One peddle. Here is prototype #2 which I am going to finalize and clean up with a few changes. It is kind of tricky making the hand controls the way you want.

To be honest I really wanted a Deere because I've loved the Deere since I was a kid and worked around an old model 70. I also have 2 lawn tractors that are Deere and always had good luck with them vs. the horrible Craftsman I had by Electrolux.

But a close second has always been the Kubota because I have several friends with the orange beast and they love them. But looking is the only way to go and I am glad I did and happy with my tractor, regardless of what others like or dislike about the different colors.

Attachments

• 0326122021a.jpg
    0326122021a.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 334
   / Mahindra Max 30 day return program #17  
One peddle. Here is prototype #2 which I am going to finalize and clean up with a few changes. It is kind of tricky making the hand controls the way you want.

To be honest I really wanted a Deere because I've loved the Deere since I was a kid and worked around an old model 70. I also have 2 lawn tractors that are Deere and always had good luck with them vs. the horrible Craftsman I had by Electrolux.

But a close second has always been the Kubota because I have several friends with the orange beast and they love them. But looking is the only way to go and I am glad I did and happy with my tractor, regardless of what others like or dislike about the different colors.

Very creative.:thumbsup:

I have to ask though...how do you conrtol the loader when driving? Do you just reach across with the other hand?

Would it be possibe (just and idea) to put the forward/reverse control on the left side somehow??

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #18  
Very creative.:thumbsup:

I have to ask though...how do you conrtol the loader when driving? Do you just reach across with the other hand?

Would it be possibe (just and idea) to put the forward/reverse control on the left side somehow??
Too much hardware involved to do it and not make it look like a freak show, plus I get on from the left side.

I use my elbow to operate the forward/reverse, which is one reason I need to make a modification. I am going to move the upright outside of the bearing, come over toward the seat, and then up and will add a 90 toward me with a ball on the end that is rubberized so it sticks to my skin better than the straight upright. This will also make it easier for my wife to operate since she likes using brakes.

You have to get creative when trying to do things without legs! LOL There is another member who has a Deere that he rigged with a hand control, but I had already decided against the Deere and feel I made the right choice.

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program
Hi, KOOTCH88, Thanks for info on Max 22, I really appreciate it! I'm glad you are pleased with your tractor!
Solinski

/ Mahindra Max 30 day return program #20  
Your luck you would fall in love with the Max and end up keeping a tractor you just beat up! Then your new JD would get jealous. :eek:

thats very possible. I would love one of the new max's but now im broke:thumbsup: