Buying a 2615HST, why am I worried?

/ Buying a 2615HST, why am I worried? #1  

BrokeSolid

Tractor
2007 Mahindra 2615HST, 2009 Grasshopper 928D
Ok, well I'm going Friday to pick up an 07 2615 HST with 167 hours, ML106 and 72" Woods MMM for $10,600(negotiated price on the phone). Tractor was repossessed at 40 hrs and the second owner kept it in a garage from then on. He didn't use the mower and it sat outside(some surface rust, but basically new). I have to travel about 350 miles south to NC to get it. I was supposed to go down last weekend to get it, but selling my B7500 got delayed until last Sunday and I needed it gone first.

I've talked with a few 2615 owners already on here and they have made me feel better about my purchase but I have been playing the waiting game now for so long that it's causing lots of second thoughts. Plus I can't seem to stay away from CL looking for tractors. I know if I had it already there would be no problems, but I'm going a little nuts with all this time on my hands. To top it off, the guy that bought my B7500 was a Kubota lover and told me I was making a mistake not sticking with an orange tractor. Comparable Orange tractors around here are thousands more, even for smaller ones with more hours and age.

I'm sure it doesn't help that I haven't actually seen the tractor in person. I don't know, I just need some more feel good stuff until I actually get the thing on Friday:thumbsup:.

/ Buying a 2615HST, why am I worried? #2  
If you haven't already read these reviews, perhaps you will gain some comfort by doing so. Mahindra 2615 - Reviews, Photos, Prices, Specs - TractorByNet.com

For example: 2615 HST Posted by James on 12/11/2011

Great tractor! Replaced a Kubota that I had lots of issues with. Super for brush hogging, finish
mowing, back blade, garden plow & tiller.
Dealer has been great, too, for parts & service.
These tractors are real heavy duty work horses.

Heavy Duty Posted by Ron Snipes on 01/05/2012

Have had other tractors including the Kubota and they did not hold up. Have not had a minutes trouble with this one and it cost less.
ITEM INFORMATION
Model year: 2006 Date Purchased: 03/03/2006 Hours at Time of Review: 360
REVIEWER'S ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Pros: Tough. Cons: None. Type of User: Homeowner 10-50 Acres Location: United States South Carolina I also considered buying: Kubota B2630

Mahindra 2003 2615 HST - Distressed Sale Posted by MichiganBilly on 01/21/2011

Picked up this machine a little over a year ago with only 33 hours on it. The original owner was starting a horse farm in '03/'04 until the housing/debt crash hit. The tractor sat for ~5 years in his barn, until he was foreclosed upon and sold everything. Other than a battery and full service of filters/fluids (and loader hooks + rear/ROPS lights) I've done nothing but use it and smile!

I bought the 2615 HST, ML106 FEL, a barely used 3pt 10" post hole digger, and a barely used 5ft box blade with adjustable chisels for $11k.

An old neighbor of mine had a machine identical to this, but it was a mid-90s yellow & white Cub Cadet...made by Mitsubishi of course. So I knew what I was getting into, and had spent several hours on his machine. At the time I had a small Yanmar 1500D that liked to snap front axles when using the loader.

This machine has been a dream to operate. My local dealer is the best of the best. He set me up with all the spares, manuals, and info I need to own this tractor for a lifetime (and I didn't even buy it from him). If you know Yanmars or Mahindras - you should know Ernie in Oregon.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this machine to anyone who wants a tractor that can pull a 2-bottom plow/5ft disc, run a decent sized backhoe, and perform serious loader work. The big plus is that it's easily transported on a trailer with a loader and an implement. If you do work on several job sites, help friends/family w/ projects, or plant hunting property habitat/food plots this the perfect machine.

The fact that there are a "gajillion"of these machines out there (Cub and Mahindra) made by Mitsubishi for the last couple of decades is always a good thing when it comes to long term parts/spares.
ITEM INFORMATION
Model year: 2003 Date Purchased: 12/21/2009 Hours at Time of Review:
REVIEWER'S ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Pros: It's built by Mitsubishi and is basically the same tractor for over 2 decades of serial #'s. There are lots of spare parts and machines in N/S America and SE Asia. Cons: Reverse is just a hair too slow for me. I wish it had rear remote hydraulics, and a "parking brake engaged" dash light - when running - would be nice. Type of User: Location: United States Oregon

/ Buying a 2615HST, why am I worried?
Thank you, once again. You sure know how to calm my Tractor nerves. I didn't even know there was an individual tractor review section on the site! Who knows what else is on the site, maybe I should look around a little more.

I'm just one of those people that should never have too much time to think about a purchase. I drive myself nuts!

I'm going down to get this beast tomorrow. Anyone else have any thoughts on the deal I'm getting, sound ok?

Also, was wondering, is the 60" mid mower also manufactured by woods? I have a chance to pick one up for almost nothing and thought if they shared similar parts, i would have all the spares i would ever need.

Brent

/ Buying a 2615HST, why am I worried? #5  
I'm going down to get this beast tomorrow. Anyone else have any thoughts on the deal I'm getting, sound ok?

Also, was wondering, is the 60" mid mower also manufactured by woods? I have a chance to pick one up for almost nothing and thought if they shared similar parts, i would have all the spares i would ever need.

Brent

It is possible, but I doubt it. It is most likely made by Bishop.

The 60" mower I'm looking at for spare parts says M160 on it. I believe it was from a Case Mitsubishi tractor since it's also red. The deck isn't in the best shape, but I figure all the pulleys and gear box are worth a look for the price.

/ Buying a 2615HST, why am I worried? #7  
My 2615 has given me excellent service. I would not hesitate to recommend the 2615.

/ Buying a 2615HST, why am I worried? #8  
I just posted a 60" Bishop OEM Mahindra MM mower BRAND NEW for sale in the Private Party Classifieds. Sadly I'm in TX but I will get as far as eastern Mississippi in June. Posted at $1,200 obo and again is BRAND NEW, no evidence it has ever been connected to a tractor. It was a spontaneous auction purchase before I realized the Mahindra 2615 was going to be more than I can afford right now.

I just posted a 60" Bishop OEM Mahindra MM mower BRAND NEW for sale in the Private Party Classifieds. Sadly I'm in TX but I will get as far as eastern Mississippi in June. Posted at $1,200 obo and again is BRAND NEW, no evidence it has ever been connected to a tractor. It was a spontaneous auction purchase before I realized the Mahindra 2615 was going to be more than I can afford right now.

That's a good deal for a brand new unit. I was following your post about it. The tractor I'm getting today already has a woods 72" mid mower on it. I'm only considering this 60" deck for possible spare parts since i can pick it up for a song. It even comes with all the stuff hook it to the tractor, the guy is practically giving it away. It appears as though it's not the same as the woods so i would have no use for it.

Well off I go 6 hours south to get my new to me tractor. I'm not worried anymore, just excited. I'll be sure to post a new owner thread with pics sometime this weekend. I forgot to mow before selling my old tractor(wife wasn't happy about that), so this machine will be put to the test with as she calls it, bailing hay, our grass is so high. Thanks for all the help with this week while I was buyer in waiting.