Comparison Shopping

/ Comparison Shopping #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
I posted this on the Bobcat thread, and thought you Mahindra fans might find this intersting, as well. I went to the Bobcat dealer to take a look at their tractors. The salesman started his presentation by telling me that he didn't want me to to have sticker shock, if I'd been looking at other tractors !?!? He then proceeded to tell me that this was a "deluxe" tractor.
From what I've read, this seemed like a tractor worthy of consideration, because it does have a lot of nice features. However I couldn't help but notice surface rust all along the edges of the loader, as well as in some other areas. This really stood out against the white paint treatment of the Bobcat. It appears to me, that a lot of the plate steel used in the loader arms didn't have the edges "eased", leaving them rather sharp, therefore not holding much paint. The salesman didn't have anything to say, when I commented on this.
I would be concerned that over time, if the paint fails on these edges, the paint could end up flaking or peeling.

I wanted to like this machine, as it did have some nice features, such as the telescoping hitch arms, fully adjustable seat, but I certainly did not leave excited.

/ Comparison Shopping
I've already had a couple replies to my post on the Bobcat forum. Seems this is common on the Rhino loaders that they use.