Buying Advice What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #11  
$17,200 is crazy I'd say. Unless they went up from last june. I bought a 3616 for less than that.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016
Thanks all the for comments. Its a lot to think about. As I am reading all the various post in this forum one common thought/regret seems to be not buying enough tractor. It has me second guessing the 3016 now. I am new to the tractor world so perhaps some of you can help me out. I have 7 acres of old farm field. I had my house built about a year ago and my builder only graded 30' around my house. The rest of the 7 acres has been unkept farm field for at least 10-15 years. Has severe weids, poison ivy, and all kinds strange stuff growing. Probably 2-2.5 acres are overgrown woods. I would like to buy a tractor that can clean up all the overgrowth and that I can use to grade and plant nice smooth grass. I also want to cut down some of the wooded areas and pull out the tree stumps. Was thinking I would need to get a back hoe for the stumps. Is it possible to get ride of the stumps without the back hoe as they seem to be very exensive? Eventually would like to have most of the land fenced in for horses. My wife and daughter ride and we have a horse that is being bordered at the neighbors barn. I want to eventually bring it over a get another for my youngest daughter. Other jobs I will need the tractor for is grading gravel driveway, snowplowing and eventuall would like to have a finish mower. I was considering the 3016 because the dealer told me that was biggest tractor I could get with the belly mower. However given all the jobs I need I am wondering if I should be looking for a bigger tractor like the 3535 and get a PTO finish mower off the back. I like the added weigh this has along with the additional lift capacity on the FEL. I have some hills and anticipate having to move tree after I cut them down. So figured the bigger tractor would help out a lot for these jobs. However I am worried that once all the cleanup has been finished that something this big will be to much for smaller task like finish mowing. Any opinions or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Particularly with the backhoe questions. I am getting quote around 6K for those things so If I can get the job of clearly tree and trucnk out without one it would sure be better on my budget.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #13  
I've had my BX23 for a number of years and haven't met a tree I couldn't get out... eventually. Spent better part of a Saturday once digging one out where the rootball seemed to match my litter tractor.

I now have a Deere 110 that can do in a few minutes what took the BX hours to do.

Plan on getting a tractor for what you will be doing most.

Often, once the land is prepped... the need for heavy equipment is diminished... several her have hired a trackhoe or a dozer to go in an clean things up in a day or two.

I wouldn't want to be without my backhoe... just to darn useful to me.

Poison Oak is my bane... I get it just from the dust when working... my solution has been a systematic attack with Brush B Gone or similar to eradicate it... about 95% gone now...

I called Dave and asked about the 3016... he said it would do everything I wanted... he also did offer the near identical model with a little more horsepower as an option.

One thing I really enjoy about small tractors... at least my BX is it is very easy on fuel...

Wen you say your bx23 Could dig out any stump, are you using the backhoe to do so or can you use an attachment on the front loader to dig out stumps. I see there are several stump attachments out there. Do these really work or will it be more useful to go ahead and get the backhoe? I agree that once I finish the initial clearing and grading I will not have a use for big tractor. I guess I have two questions, will the 3016 be big enough to clear and grade my property with and is a backhoe needed to remove stumps or can you use a front loader attachment? If the answer to these questions are it's not big enough, if I move up to a 3535 will that be to big for task it will be used on after the lot is cleared and grade such as finish mowing?

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #15  
Wen you say your bx23 Could dig out any stump, are you using the backhoe to do so or can you use an attachment on the front loader to dig out stumps. I see there are several stump attachments out there. Do these really work or will it be more useful to go ahead and get the backhoe? I agree that once I finish the initial clearing and grading I will not have a use for big tractor. I guess I have two questions, will the 3016 be big enough to clear and grade my property with and is a backhoe needed to remove stumps or can you use a front loader attachment? If the answer to these questions are it's not big enough, if I move up to a 3535 will that be to big for task it will be used on after the lot is cleared and grade such as finish mowing?

My BX23 has the factory backhoe with 10" bucket and tooth bar on the loader...

The biggest obstacle in digging stumps is the hoe will not slice though roots like a bigger hoe...

I have not owned a Mahindra... those that I know with them seem to be happy with them and I would certainly consider one if I had a good dealer nearby.

It did a lot of hillside trails with my little BX... I would use the hoe to dig and then follow with the loader to move material.

My big stump was almost an all day project...

Ok, thanks. Sounds like I can get the stumps out with smaller tractor but will need a backhoe. I believe the bx23 compares well to a max25.

Appreciate any comments for those with a larger tractor regarding the front loader. Want to know if I went with a 3016 or 3535 if a backhoe would be necessary or if the extra weight and power could muscle Through the stumps without having to use a backhoe. When I say stumps, they would pretty much all be saplings no bigger then 1' in diameter odor the largest ones. Most would be 4-6" in diameter.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #17  
Ok, thanks. Sounds like I can get the stumps out with smaller tractor but will need a backhoe. I believe the bx23 compares well to a max25.

Appreciate any comments for those with a larger tractor regarding the front loader. Want to know if I went with a 3016 or 3535 if a backhoe would be necessary or if the extra weight and power could muscle Through the stumps without having to use a backhoe. When I say stumps, they would pretty much all be saplings no bigger then 1' in diameter odor the largest ones. Most would be 4-6" in diameter.

I've been yanking out 2 - 3 inch birch, maple and some oaks with my bucket and Ratchet Rake. It takes some work for the bigger ones, but so far so good. I have a new Max 22, 25 hours.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #18  
up to 6 inches-you should have no trouble getting them out with the loader. save the money from the backhoe and buy the 35 with fel. You will appreciate the larger tractor when bush hogging, grading, or just pushing stuff around later. I have a New Holland, but I have a close friend with a Mahindra 40 horse tractor and it's a beast.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #19  
I bought a 3016 almost exactly one year ago. $14600 is what I paid including the FEL.

I have about 25 acres and it is the perfect size for almost everything I want to do. It will not pull large stumps, but I have dug out a few with the FEL, it just takes time. If I wanted to get out anything much bigger, I would hire it out. I would rather do that than end up with a tractor that was a lot bigger than I needed.

Overall, I am very pleased with the 3016. Just make sure to load the tires. It makes a lot of difference in performance.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #20  
Man, I must be in the wrong part of the country! My local dealer gave me a quote on a 3016 HST w/loader, of $ 17,800, and a dealer about 50 miles away, came in at $ 16,500. And on a 3616 HST there was a $ 2,500 difference (19,999 vs $ 17,499). Cash Prices

I'd be happy to spend a bit more with my local dealer, but not $ 2500 worth!