Buying Advice What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #1  

Tlr2

Tractor
Mahindra
Appreciate some buying advice for a Mahindra tractor. I went to the local dealing planning to buy a Max28. However after seeing it in person and parked next to the 3016 I just could not go through with the purchase. There did not seem to be much price difference, the 3016 looked like a tractor and the max looked like a lawn mower. I just could not see it would be capable of handling what I need to use it for.

Anyways, the advice I am looking for is pricing on the 3016. I say another thread listed where someone was had received a quote of 14700 with a Front loader? Someone had actualy commented that this was a high price, is this possible?

My local dealer quoted me 17200 with the front loader and 24000 with the front loader and backhoe.

I am in sales myself so do not have objection in people making a fare profit. However there seems to be at least 3500 price difference here. Has anyone else been able to buy a 3016 with front loader for the $14700 number quoted in the other forum? If so, can anybody shed some light on how much extra the backhoe should be?

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #2  
I would say the 14,700 is a fair price. MSRP shows over 15K without a FEL. I am not sure, but am thinking a FEL is around 3K, BH at least 5K. Maybe some of the dealers will chime in.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016
So you are thinking the $14700 would be possible including the FEL? Wow, I did not realize tractors had that much mark up. Thanks for the advise.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #4  
You might want to send a PM to Dave and see what he can do...

I was thinking of a 3016 before I found my Deere 110.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #5  
I just purchased a 3016 Shuttle with FEL last month for $14,700. I have 2 dealers close to me, the other dealer was $14,900. Dealer quoted me $6000 for the backhoe. I would love to have the backhoe, but can't afford it right now.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016
That's great to know. Congratulations, are you happy with your purchase? It seems this price is attainable then. I told the salesman I was new to the tractor world so perhaps he took this as his opportunity to work on his early retirement. Did you get anything else other then the FEL with you?

I do see that the shuttle has a list price $1000 less then the HST, that accounts for some of the difference but there is still 2500. Is the transmission the only difference between a shuttle and HST? If the HST is automatic transmission I am assuming shuttle is manual?

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #7  
the del here quoted 15300 for 3016 with fel and loaded tires. then said it would be 6-8 weeks

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #8  
I am very happy with the tractor. I've put about 13 hours on it so far. I didn't buy anything else with the tractor. I bought a used 5' King Kutter finish mower, found it on Craigslist. I had to replace some parts on it, but still feel I got a pretty good deal on it. It mows nice too. I have used the FEL to clear a bunch of brush and move a little dirt. The fuel economy is pretty good too, about 13 hours and i've used 8 gallons of fuel. I bought a used 6' box blade on Saturday, but have not had a chance to use it yet. Your are correct about the Shuttle transmission, it is a manual transmission.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #9  
It all depends on the type of work you are planning on doing reference the tranny. I have a shuttle on my 3215 and am very happy with it. Some say having an hst is great if you are doing a lot of fel work. I can see it being easier, but I am very happy with my shuttle. Go try them both out before you buy.

/ What's a fair deal on Mahindra 3016 #10  
I just purchased a 3016 Shuttle with FEL last month for $14,700. I have 2 dealers close to me, the other dealer was $14,900. Dealer quoted me $6000 for the backhoe. I would love to have the backhoe, but can't afford it right now.

$14,700 and $14,900 are aggressive numbers. Most likely the dealer bought them before the most recent price increase to offer them at that price.

For those that have not bought yet, I think most dealers are above that price since the price on the tractor and on the loader have increased. Keep in mind that some dealers advertise at cash price which includes rebates, some at 4.25%, some at 0% with the buydown built in to the price. So you need to compare apples to apples.

Currently a bunch of dealers are waiting for 3016s to arrive from Mitsubishi. Sales way outpaced projections and this tractor will be in short supply for another month or two. If you find one and like it at a reasonable price, I'd buy it.