where mahindras are made

/ where mahindras are made #1  

930ck

Silver Member
Tractor
allis d 17/ case 930, 1370/ kubota L5740
I can understand why american manufactures outsource to other countries but I am curious why mahindra would do it when it seems that they would be able to build them there as cheap as anywhere.

/ where mahindras are made #2  
I'm sure that the marketing aspect of "Made in U.S.A." has something to do with it. More chance of people buying with the loyalty feeling.

/ where mahindras are made #3  
I can understand why american manufactures outsource to other countries but I am curious why mahindra would do it when it seems that they would be able to build them there as cheap as anywhere.

Are you asking why an Indian company is outsourcing some of its models?

/ where mahindras are made #4  
There is a lot of investment in design/machining equipment/tooling/etc. that they have to consider when then want to expand into a certain size of tractor. They have to weigh cost with the number of units they will be selling in the long run, and then hopefully make wize business decisions. John Deere could make all their tractors in the USA, not import some from Italy and India. But for the unit cost of each unit, they probably would be so expensive that they would not sell many. It's not just labor, there is a lot more to it than that....