pedels to close to the seat

/ pedels to close to the seat #1  

Richard R.

Tractor
2000 ford/ bushhog loader, 3203 john deere, 5035 mahindra ML130 FEL
Question ?
I looke at a 4035 today and I like the tractor but when I was seated on the tractor ( I am 6'3" 250 and the only complaint is how close the pedels are to the seat I was like I was driving a gocart is there any way to move the pedels forward? the seat was all the way back.?

/ pedels to close to the seat #2  
Which one did you sit on. Was it a standard gear, PST, or HST...? I have a 32" inseam and like where they are on my 5035 HST. These newer tractors are designed with a fairly 'flat' operator area. Unlike my old John Deere where you kind of stradle the transmission. So the pedals are up higher on plane with the top of the transmission instead of down beside the trans. The only pedals I realy use is the HST forward and reverse. It's pretty confortable to stand up whilst stearing and working the pedals moving stuff with the tips of the forks. [ Don't tell the safety police ] :) And they seem to be OK whilst seated. You should spend some time comparing other makes and pedal setups and let us know. First I heard of the Mahindras' being too close. But ya never know....... Good luck, and have fun looking at tractors..... !!!!!!!! [ I don't remember noticing that when I was looking, but I might have overlooked that while slobering over all the shiny new different colored tractors ]

/ pedels to close to the seat
I was looking at the 4035 with the HST and I don't know if the seat will adjust higher that might solve the problem. but the pedels were just to close
to the seat. I do like the heavy duty build of the tractor,if I can fit in it.
Ford is out of the running. there deck is even shorter. The only one that is comfortable is the 4102 deere. but i'm going back to the Mahiundra dealier to look again. my inseam is 33" a little taller.

/ pedels to close to the seat #4  
Another thing to check is the seat weight adjustment. These '35 series have seat from Michigan Seat and they have adjustments for back angle [ knob on right side of backrest ] and weight [ knob on front of bottom cushion ]. There is a weight slide indicator right next to the weight knob so you can see what it is set for. I have mine set at 230 pounds. If it is set too low, the seat may 'slump down' some ..... As far as I know, there is not height adjustment, but you could always shim up the seat some if it bothered you that much. Good luck, Jerry :)

/ pedels to close to the seat #5  
The seat backrest adjustment also makes a difference, that is the round knob on the right side of the seat at the base of the backrest.