Max 25 vs Max 25?

/ Max 25 vs Max 25? #1  

ssrfenton

Tractor
None
Hi Folks, New to the site and forum but have been going around in circles trying to decide on small/compact land machinery for about a year since we moved to our current house on 1 1/4 acres, residential neighborhood. ATV vs UTV vs SCUT

So, I was on this site and Mahindra Max came up a few times as a product new to market and worth considering. I found a dealer about 26 miles away who also sells Kubota, been in business for about 40 years, family owned....

Recommended product was a Max 25 due to the:
1. Higher Weight of Machine: More Traction.
2. Greater Engine Capacity: Potentially more durable.
3. Operating RPM: Lower Operating RPM for Max Torque
4. Full Cat 1 Capability vs Limited Cat 1: Means more available implements
5. Stronger Frame: Able to withstand a little more stress.

The machine weight is important to me as I also considered a UTV and for a demo the dealer hooked up a towing strap and pulled a 6,000 lb pickup with no issues on asphalt but when it came time to pull that truck up a slight incline on grass all four wheels of the UTV started spinning and could not get traction. I have a 3500lb pontoon that I store on grass for winter so I wanted to move it without a truck. After reading this site I am confident nearly any SCUT could tow my pontoon on grass.

Now the dealer showed me a spec for the Max 25 Engine from a small handbook at 80.4cu and this is the same as what is stated on the USA website http://www.mahindrausa.com/pdfs/tractors/max25_hst.pdf specification sheet but the http://mahindramax.com/max-25-hst/ shows the engine capacity as 58.1cu??

Are there two engine options for the Max25?? or is one of these a misprint?:confused2:

/ Max 25 vs Max 25? #2  
According to the PDF in my files the displacement is 68.6. Someone at Mahindra is not proof reading.

Attachments

• max25_hst.pdf
    248.4 KB · Views: 165