Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016 Shuttle Shift with 115 Loader; Craftsman YS4500 42" Cut

Default Mid Mount Mower

First post guys! Glad to be here! Guys, Im kinda torn between a Kubota B2920 with an FEL and MMM or a Mahindra Max 28XL HST with FEL and MMM. I was leaning Mahindra but the only thing holding me back is the mid mount mower. The dealer is dead set against me buying a mid mount mower due to difficulty of on/off capabilities. Anyone have any experience as to why he is trying to guide me away from the MMM? I have also looked at the 1026R with the 7iron but im just not sure thats enough tractor for me. The Mahindra just outspecs the Kubota in everything except what I am going to be using it for alot which is mowing my field/lawn. I just dont see anything out there about the MMM Mahindra is putting out there.

Tractor

So does anybody have a mid mount mower on a Mahindra? I think this might confirm my thoughts Haha.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

Default Re: Mid Mount Mower

Quote Originally Posted by mattoct3003 View Post
    So does anybody have a mid mount mower on a Mahindra? I think this might confirm my thoughts Haha.
    I think it is about as easy as mmm get, out side of the new JD set up, which I have not seen yet.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Tractor

There's not alot of info about Mahindra's MMM on their website. Do you know who makes them for Mahindra?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

There's not alot of info about Mahindra's MMM on their website. Do you know who makes them for Mahindra?
    This one is made by Ameriquip. It is by far the easiest on off MMM that Mahindra has ever had.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Tractor

Yeah I just watched the video safeway mahindra made with the 28XL and it really didn't seem a whole lot different other than the level pin in back than kubotas.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by mattoct3003
    First post guys! Glad to be here! Guys, Im kinda torn between a Kubota B2920 with an FEL and MMM or a Mahindra Max 28XL HST with FEL and MMM. I was leaning Mahindra but the only thing holding me back is the mid mount mower. The dealer is dead set against me buying a mid mount mower due to difficulty of on/off capabilities. Anyone have any experience as to why he is trying to guide me away from the MMM? I have also looked at the 1026R with the 7iron but im just not sure thats enough tractor for me. The Mahindra just outspecs the Kubota in everything except what I am going to be using it for alot which is mowing my field/lawn. I just dont see anything out there about the MMM Mahindra is putting out there.
    I've had a max 28 XL for a couple weeks. I opted for the rear finish mower, for price. It will take more room to store it, but would be easier to unload... Since any brand tractor could use it... And it was half the money. For me, max 28 mid Pto option was $500. Plus $2500 for mmm . How does that compare to your pricing? FM is $1500... On northern tool it is $999... I've been told different, but pretty sure is same 5' mower.

As far as difficulty, I saw the same video... Seems a breeze for on/off. Price was only reason for me.
    Last edited by madmax12; 06-10-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke*

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Tractor

I was quoted 2650 for the MMM. I just liked the idea of, since I would be mowing grass with it 90% of the time, being able to shorten up the length and also the room needed to turn it around. I know this is nowhere near the same comparison but that is just what I got rid of. I had a Bush Hog ATH 600 finish mower that I pulled with a Ford 3400 tractor. While it did a descent cutting job it was a beast to maneuver that thing around my yard.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

I was quoted 2650 for the MMM. I just liked the idea of, since I would be mowing grass with it 90% of the time, being able to shorten up the length and also the room needed to turn it around. I know this is nowhere near the same comparison but that is just what I got rid of. I had a Bush Hog ATH 600 finish mower that I pulled with a Ford 3400 tractor. While it did a descent cutting job it was a beast to maneuver that thing around my yard.
    If u view the reviews of the northern tool nortrac 5' finish mower, I'm having same prob with wheels... otherwise cut is great. If I can get the wheels to swivel smoothly, I'll love this mower... This is my first tractor, so you know a lot more than I ever will. But, I have a lot to do in next couple of years, regrading, driveway, etc... the Max 28, for me, is really great. Mid mount mower might have been more practical for me, but I opted for the 5' FM.

Does your 2650 include the optional mid pto? My combined price quote was 3K. As someone else mentioned, more reach with FM... but storage easier with MMM.

I thought video on Youtube showed MMM fine. If you like that, go for it. Max 28 is cool. Not your only choice, but is a good one, IMO.

Tractor

Haha madmax. You've got me thinking now. Maybe with the smaller tractor the finish mower wont be so bad

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast