Pulling the trigger too quick ??

/ Pulling the trigger too quick ?? #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
Well, I thought I had decided on the Mahindra 3616 HST. Was planning on going to the dealer first of the week, and seeing if I could buy the tractor for what I wanted to spend.
It rained all day here so, I had plenty of time to look around the forum, and got to looking at the LS brand tractor. Is this one that I should look at before I make the purchase?
It appears to be pretty much the same tractor as the New Holland boomer.

I'm anxious to get a new tractor, but don't want to jump the gun, if there is another compareable tractor within the same price range. The R3039 seems to have a lot of nice features if it's in the same price range.

Kioti, really nice, but no dealer within 75miles.
Bobcat, local dealer, way too proud of tractor!

/ Pulling the trigger too quick ?? #2  
LS has some nice tractors. The R series tractors are hard to beat for the money spent. You should definitely take a look at them before making a purchase. ;)

/ Pulling the trigger too quick ?? #3  
rwork said:
Well, I thought I had decided on the Mahindra 3616 HST. Was planning on going to the dealer first of the week, and seeing if I could buy the tractor for what I wanted to spend.
It rained all day here so, I had plenty of time to look around the forum, and got to looking at the LS brand tractor. Is this one that I should look at before I make the purchase?
It appears to be pretty much the same tractor as the New Holland boomer.

I'm anxious to get a new tractor, but don't want to jump the gun, if there is another compareable tractor within the same price range. The R3039 seems to have a lot of nice features if it's in the same price range.

I like my max 28, but also liked the LS G 3033. Dealer was an issue...so, no go.

/ Pulling the trigger too quick ?? #4  

I'd take your time and check out as many brands and models as possible. You have to keep in mind that no final decision may be 100% correct, but go with your gut for something you can live with. I think dealer distance is overblown. My nearest JD [ farm dealer ] is hours away in Lake City, and my Mahindra is a little farther than that [ and I sleep pretty good, too ]. With today's parts availible online, all you need a dealer for is warantee. And that very seldom happens. Unless you are a person that can not do his own normal maint stuff.

/ Pulling the trigger too quick ??
I'd never considered LS tractors, likely because I haven't heard much about them. I actually found a dealer not too far, while searching for other dealers.
They caught my interest because of a lot of features included, such as two sets of rear remotes, draft control, telescopic rear links, and 4 cylinder Mitsubishi engines.

From what I've read, they are a Korean built tractor. I am somewhat familar with South Korean manufacturing, as in Hyundai vehicles. They have certainly come a long way with their products.

I think I'm going to make it a point to visit a dealer, and chech them out, first hand.

/ Pulling the trigger too quick ?? #6  
i might be spoiled i honestly do not know, dealer 8 miles from me, 5 plus new different manufacturer tractors, setting in there lot. and a few models from each manufacture. and different configurations for each one.

when going around to other dealers when i was looking for TLB. i saw a few dealers that had a variety of tractors from different manufactures as well. though there were some only specific brand dealers i did visit. and all they had in there lot or listed was from that specific manufacture.

with above, look for "part stores" for farm equipment. good chance they may have multi tractors from multi manufacturers in there lot. heck just call around some places may have john or green in there title name, and could be selling everything else. who knows.

i would go with 2 to 3 hours away form you, in your search to find a tractor. get things lined up. take a day off, and start 5am in morning and take a day trip going to look at all the machines. if you do not have a GPS. google maps. can easily allow you to add another destination. (near were you type in from / to addresses, there is button to add another destination.

made a trip approx 2/3rds around illinois, when i went looking for a TLB. glad i did, granted i found the tractor i end up getting the very first or second place out of 13 plus places i visited that day. if you can get someone to drive with you / take turns driving, it helps, when ya driving virtually all day long.

having a tractor shipped that is only a couple hours away was not all that expensive i think i paid like 150 to 250 bucks. it came out to pretty much gas money, labor (hours driving) and little more for upkeep of the semi that pulled the TLB to my house.

=========================
as far as specs....

weight, engine HP, transmission type, CAB, everything else can normally be bought third party. or is optional accessory you can get for all tractors out there. just because a dealer has a secondary hyd hook on rear or extra for front for tractor setting in lot. does not mean you can not get it for another tractor / model.

==========================
as far as picking model / brand. physically sit down in each tractor you are looking at. and take it for a test drive. some manufactures / models have some funky setups. go pedal / gas pedal same side as the split brakes for rear wheels. and may not have enough room to get both feet in there to do anything. perhaps FEL levers or joystick is not adjustable and out of reach, perhaps seat sets to high or does not move forward / backward enough.

/ Pulling the trigger too quick ?? #7  
I looked at LS and I thought they made Boomers for NH. Our local NH dealer won't carry the Boomer series due to poor quality or maybe just marketing.

/ Pulling the trigger too quick ?? #8  
I looked at LS and I thought they made Boomers for NH. Our local NH dealer won't carry the Boomer series due to poor quality or maybe just marketing.
The Mahindras have excellent specs and are strong machines. I'd stay with the major brands based on what you can afford. Mahindra may get you the most tractor for your buck.:thumbsup: