Good Price on 6530?

/ Good Price on 6530? #1  

robertwhite

Silver Member
Since the 6530 is a lot more tractor and not a lot more money than the 5530, I believe I have settled on the 6530.

Equipped as follows:
4x4
Loader
R4 tires

Is $27100 a good deal?

ETA:
Just was quoted a priced of $26,700 for the 6530 4x4 with loader and R1 tires. Problem is I don't know if R1 tires will tear up my orchard while pulling a 7.5' finish mower.

What do you guys think about both the price and the R1's?

Last edited:
   / Good Price on 6530? #2  
I have a 5530 with R1s and if your orchard is at all soft they will leave marks/damage/ruts much easier than the R4s. If you have the public/ customers walking your orchard they can create enough of an indentation to roll an ankle. The plus side of R1s is with the weight of that machine and filled rears is the superior traction. You can uproot some good size trees if need be. I'd say go with the R4s, unless you are planning on pulling a plow. Hope this helped. One other suggestion, get dual remotes.

/ Good Price on 6530? #3  
Compared to what I paid for my 5530 4wd, 266 FEL, Bison BB and Grill Guard back in Nov of 08' I'd say you have a good quoted price for the 6530.:thumbsup: Absolutely, have a minimum of twin remotes, try for three. My Bison BB is set up to handle three. For the tires it depends on what your soil is like in all seasons. I like my ag tires for traction out here in the palouse. Good choice of tractor.

idaho2

/ Good Price on 6530?
Well, got the deal done from the place I originally wanted (been around for 30 years and has full service facility). Owner met me in the middle of 2 quotes, so I paid $27,000 for the 6530 shuttle, 4x4, loader, 2 sets of remotes and he had to pull some strings to get the R4's (which without them would have been a dealbreaker). Now just have to wait about a week for delivery. Guy seems to be a stand up dude, so hopefully it all comes together.

/ Good Price on 6530? #5  
Robert,

Great job. Post pics when you can and congrats on purchase.

idaho2