4025 4wd realistic performance

/ 4025 4wd realistic performance #1  

michellesc7

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 5410 4wd Cab w/ loader, Mahindra 6500 4wd Q/A FEL, John Deere 4120 4wd w/ FEL & John Deere 1050 4wd
Hi Y'ALL
I sold my 2 wd older version of this tractor the 4505DI with a loader and put the money down on a John Deere used larger compact with a good turning radius.

So I have an older John Deere 1050 that I am trying to sell to take the sale towards a downpayment on a 4025 4wd, but I am also looking at rental return Indian made 5045E and 5055E for the same or a little more money than the 4025 4wd. I am also researching the L4400 and MX 4700 and MX 5100 Kubotas!
Reason- need a good fuel efficient farm tractor to plow dirt and plant.

I don't like the small rear tires on the 4025 4wd. I am used to 13.6 by 28 as my smallest tire.
But I like the other specs on the 4025.

Since I am a vegetable, tree and berry farmer I am interested if this new 4wd version of the gear 4025 can pull a 20 inch by 20 number disk without a FEL?
Can it pull a 6 or 7 ft box blade? Can it even pull a light to medium duty 5 shank chisel plow or medium duty 2 row bottom plow???
Don't care whether it can cut grass or pull a 6 ft bushhog I have all of the confidence in the world it will do that.

I need to know if I put water and antifreeze in the tires, and I put some weights whether fabricated or dealer purchased on the front if it will pull the aforementioned through reasonable sandy loam.

If no one including dealers can tell me, then I look to the other manufacturers. As this tractor has no history.

My 1050 JD is for sale now and when it sales I need to make a move.

For those of you that have bought one of these 4025 4wd what will it do??? If you are a dealer what has your clients done with this tractor?
Would you be willing to send me their name and phone number? I need some sort of experience sharing on this tractor.

I need to know.
Any yes, I'd like to know when the larger 25 series will have a 4wd.

Thanks in advance if you are kind enough to share. I have a farm and business to run, so I need to know the answer to these questions.

Regards
Michelle

/ 4025 4wd realistic performance #2  
Hi Y'ALL
I sold my 2 wd older version of this tractor the 4505DI with a loader and put the money down on a John Deere used larger compact with a good turning radius.

So I have an older John Deere 1050 that I am trying to sell to take the sale towards a downpayment on a 4025 4wd, but I am also looking at rental return Indian made 5045E and 5055E for the same or a little more money than the 4025 4wd. I am also researching the L4400 and MX 4700 and MX 5100 Kubotas!

I don't like the small rear tires on the 4025 4wd. I am used to 13.6 by 28 as my smallest tire.

Since I am a vegetable, tree and berry farmer I am interested if this new 4wd version of the gear 4025 can pull a 20 inch by 20 number disk without a FEL?
Can it pull a 6 or 7 ft box blade? Can it even pull a light to medium duty 5 shank chisel plow or medium duty 2 row bottom plow???
Don't care whether it can cut grass or pull a 6 ft bushhog I have all of the confidence in the world it will do that.

I need to know if I put water and antifreeze in the tires, and I put some weights whether fabricated or dealer purchased on the front if it will pull the aforementioned through reasonable sandy loam.

If no one including dealers can tell me, then I look to the other manufacturers. As this tractor has no history.

For those of you that have bought one of these 4025 4wd what will it do??? If you are a dealer what has your clients done with this tractor?
Would you be willing to send me their name and phone number? I need some sort of experience sharing on this tractor.

I need to know.

Thanks in advance if you are kind enough to share. I have a farm and business to run, so I need to know the answer to these questions.

Regards
Michelle

i to was looking at mahindra a few months ago but when i was at dealers looking around i notice the fel valves leaking that was a dealer breaker for me on 2 different tractor and the backhoe are 50s tech the price of a mahindra is as much as a kubota if not more look at case kubota

/ 4025 4wd realistic performance #3  
Michelle,
How wide is this disc you want to pull, and how are you going to use it? Are you going to plow the ground first or are you looking to do the initial tillage with the disc? What I do know is a heavy tractor is going to be your friend. I also find it impossible to believe that a Mahindra 4025 4WD is in the same price range as the Case or Kubota.

/ 4025 4wd realistic performance #4  
i to was looking at mahindra a few months ago but when i was at dealers looking around i notice the fel valves leaking that was a dealer breaker for me on 2 different tractor and the backhoe are 50s tech the price of a mahindra is as much as a kubota if not more look at case kubota

I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark.. Case/Kubota dealer?

Wedge

/ 4025 4wd realistic performance
I have been using my Mahindra 6500 to chisel plow (not every year and just sections per year -time consuming!) and do the initial plowing with a disk harrow. I have a sandy loam. I need a tractor that can pull 20 disks 20 inch blades. My 18 inch disks simply cant cut the ground without 2 and 3 passes. I use a disk harrow to do the initial plowing if the ground is soft enough. I also use a disk harrow 16 blades to disk between the vegetables rows instead of using a culitvator. I use different speeds to get the same effect as cultivating. When my vining plants get vining I stop any cultivation. So my rows are on 6 foot centers minimum. Some rows are double that like pumpkins and melons. But on peas this is good because the plants bush out after they get going good. Again when they get too bushy I stop plowing. So I am looking at a tractor that can pull a disk harrow that 20 by 20 size or smaller with good fuel economy. I like the 4025 but I'd like to have it with a little bigger tires in the rear to help with the pulling.

/ 4025 4wd realistic performance #6  
I would ask your dealer to let you try it out.

/ 4025 4wd realistic performance #7  
I dunno if true or not, but I'll throw it out there. Just something I heard. 4wd gives you 30% more pull power and you can figure that 30% in to horse power. So 41hp X .30% = 12.3 + 41 = 53.3hp So it would be equivalent to a 53hp 2wd. I am not saying I back this theory just something I once heard.

/ 4025 4wd realistic performance #8  
Yes Sir. I have a Mahindra 4025 4wd tractor. I have used a 7 shank field ripper does well with it, also a 2 role bottom plow, 5 ft bush hog and I have used 6 ft finishing disk
, 55 gal sprayer, and 2 role planter. I got it in March of this year. It came with a 6 ft frontend loader. I really like it. great on fuel. I have the R 4 Industrial tires on it with the rear ones loaded. tractor weight is around 7750 lbs. I like the 4 speed trans. with the high and low gear. With doing the plowing and ripping I am OLD School like to know it is in gear. I got my tractor from Concord Tractor talk to Josh. I had an 1958 Ford 601 Workmaster and upgraded to this. I looked at New Holland, John Deere, Kubota, and Massey Ferg. and compare to them all the 4025 had more weigh. I thought better performances. I got the remote hook up on the rear or future equipment. The 4025 has a class 1 and /or class 2 3 point hook ups. Rear lift I think is around 3500 lbs. It is 41 hsp and 33 PTO I think go look on Mahindra web page and check out specs. Also go to youtube and type in Mahindra lift test and watch video.

QUOTE=michellesc7;2906943]Hi Y'ALL

I need to know.

Regards
Michelle[/QUOTE]

/ 4025 4wd realistic performance
Greg
Thanks for replying. I looked hard at the 4wd 4025. Wanted just a little bit more tractor and did not like the gear shift setup for the loader. Without a loader probably would have bought it. I ended up by chance with a used 4120 john deere with 4wd loader and a canopy that i really like. But there is something special about the 4025 simplicity and gear setup. I have power shuttle on my JD but i feel the gears and used the shuttle shift only for forward and reverse, So it is mostly gear feeling. Great you responded and enjoy your tractor. We are nearby. Maybe you could bring it by my farm for a spin and hook up with different attachments so we can see what it can pull like my several harrows. Let me know if you'd like to do this. Good to calibrate to get to know your tractor limits.
Michelle