Buying Advice 5035 or 6110?

/ 5035 or 6110? #1  

dhaymon

Tractor
2012 Mahindra 5035 PST
Hello all, new to the board, but not to tractors. I grew up on them, but am now buying my own. I have 80 acres with about 50 cleared. Will be brush hogging, box blading and using the FEL. I live in the deep south, work indoors, and have some allergies, so a cab is intriguing, however I think the 5035 might be the better option...less to go wrong. (I live over an hour from the closest dealer.)

I appreciate the thoughts those of you whose have driven or shopped both.

PS...answer quick because I called the dealer Friday and told him to find me a 5035!

/ 5035 or 6110? #2  
I was pricing a 5035 a few months ago... $24,500. I haven't had a chance to try one, but I'd like to.

/ 5035 or 6110?
I was pricing a 5035 a few months ago... $24,500. I haven't had a chance to try one, but I'd like to.

Thanks. I have the prices, I am more interested in thoughts on the tractors themselves...?

/ 5035 or 6110? #4  
My opinion is that the 5035 is a better tractor overall. But and this is a BIG BUT, it sure would be nice to have a cab. :cool:

/ 5035 or 6110? #5  
In my opinion, you should go for the cab. I'm a Mahindra dealer and have 90 new ones of all different sizes and styles. I'm an allergy sufferer and spend most time indoors but that isn't the only reason I would go for the Cab. The 5035 is a bulldog of a machine, it's design is so rugged that it would be suited for heavy duty off road use. I've had swamp loggers use them and be astounded at their off road prowess. It is built for heavy loader work and that doesn't sound like your primary use. The 6110 is built for brush cutting and mowing. It has air filters to stop your allergies from bothering you and the cab really helps with all the noise from the cutter. I'm in NC and the yellow flies and yellow jacket hornets are enough to make my decision easy. Let us know which you choose and how you like it.
Good Luck!

Hello all, new to the board, but not to tractors. I grew up on them, but am now buying my own. I have 80 acres with about 50 cleared. Will be brush hogging, box blading and using the FEL. I live in the deep south, work indoors, and have some allergies, so a cab is intriguing, however I think the 5035 might be the better option...less to go wrong. (I live over an hour from the closest dealer.)

I appreciate the thoughts those of you whose have driven or shopped both.

PS...answer quick because I called the dealer Friday and told him to find me a 5035!

/ 5035 or 6110? #6  
i would go one size bigger yhen what you want to get been there done that i had a 38hp kubota traded up on a 70 hp kubota spend the few extra $$$ when i did that i losed 3500 bucks in a 2 months time frame

/ 5035 or 6110? #7  
MahindraDon..what are your thoughts on the 8560?

/ 5035 or 6110? #8  
MahindraDon..what are your thoughts on the 8560?

It is a beast. The cab is spacious and comfortable. Every control is within easy reach. The A/C stays nice and cool even late in the afternoon after a hard days work. It has a great 3 point setup to make it easy to hook up to all the different implements it can run. It is a bargain right now with the Red Tag sale and planned price increase in September. Not sure if this link will work and the video is my worst ever, kind of embarassing but check this out.
Mahindra 8560 cab tractor - YouTube

/ 5035 or 6110?
Well, I decided on the 5035 and my dad bought the 6110. After putting a few hours on both, I am happy with my purchase. Sturdy machine and seems to operate "smoother" than the 6110--clutch take up, feel in the sear, power shuttle, etc.

HOWEVER, I did have something break in the steering tonight with less than 20 hours on the tractor--all brush hogging a hay field. Front wheels shot right and will not turn. Fluid everywhere, but it was too dark to trace it.

I guess we'll see how my dealer's warranty service works out sooner than expected.

/ 5035 or 6110?
Feel in the seat, not sear...dang on screen keyboard!