Checking oil

/ Checking oil #1  

Pitch1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Max 25
I just bought a Max 25. Book says you should check oil every day,but who does. Yesterday I turned 11hours. I decided I should check the oil opened the hood and could not find the dipstick,got out the book and located it.
You have to remove the side panel to get to the stick,and it is still not convenient to grab. What a poor design,for a maintenance item that should be performed daily,seems the Mahindra engineers should have asked Mitsubishi to design a longer stick and tube that would make checking oil convenient.

/ Checking oil #2  
Thats kinda a surprising over site on mahindra's part:confused2: With a newly re-designed model, and sooo much emphasis these days on ergonomics and user-friendliness, its almost hard to believe.

/ Checking oil #3  
Interestingly enough, on the Kioti CK30 HST, the hydraulic dip stick is a PITA also. The "knob" is right up against the 3pt and hard to grab hold of to pull.
After my tractor has sat overnight, I check it the next day and there IS NO FLUID on the dip stick :shocked: ... Put it back in, pull it again and it's full!?!

Asked my mechanic about it and seems vacuum sucks the fluid back into the machine. It's normal. :eek:

/ Checking oil #4  
I check all the fluids in my tractor before starting and using it. I got into this habit when I first bought it new a little over a year ago, and now it is has become natural.