Buying Advice Mahindra 4530 new vs. used Kubota? need high lift FEL

/ Mahindra 4530 new vs. used Kubota? need high lift FEL #1  

rw4sure

Tractor
shopping
I've looked at a few Kubotas used and new, and was almost ready to make a deposit, then I checked the height of the bucket in dump position and backed off.

A neighbor convinced me to look at Mahindra. They seem pretty well built, and I like what I read here on TBN.

Biggest use will be to load a truck mounted sander to do winter parking lots (plus mowing 5 acres, and hauling trees out to the yard for firewood.)

The Mahindra has the lift required, but I tried out a used 5530 and the loader controls seemed to jerk the bucket around more than a similar Kubota I tried.

Do any tractors have a load sensing device so you don't get the full force of the pump after you empty the bucket? On the other hand maybe it's not an issue in terms of wear if the bucket, piston connections, and arms jerk around a bit; but I imagine it might mean extra wear and tear.

another question: is it worth paying more for the HST tranny? The tractor I tried (a few year old demo unit) had the standard shift, and it seemed very stiff.

I can get what I need for lift height in a new Mahindra for a lot less than a new Kubota will cost. Just trying to understand any differences in quality.

Thanks in advance,

Dick

/ Mahindra 4530 new vs. used Kubota? need high lift FEL #2  
I've looked at a few Kubotas used and new, and was almost ready to make a deposit, then I checked the height of the bucket in dump position and backed off.

A neighbor convinced me to look at Mahindra. They seem pretty well built, and I like what I read here on TBN.

Biggest use will be to load a truck mounted sander to do winter parking lots (plus mowing 5 acres, and hauling trees out to the yard for firewood.)

The Mahindra has the lift required, but I tried out a used 5530 and the loader controls seemed to jerk the bucket around more than a similar Kubota I tried.

Do any tractors have a load sensing device so you don't get the full force of the pump after you empty the bucket? On the other hand maybe it's not an issue in terms of wear if the bucket, piston connections, and arms jerk around a bit; but I imagine it might mean extra wear and tear.

another question: is it worth paying more for the HST tranny? The tractor I tried (a few year old demo unit) had the standard shift, and it seemed very stiff.

I can get what I need for lift height in a new Mahindra for a lot less than a new Kubota will cost. Just trying to understand any differences in quality.

Thanks in advance,

Dick

I recommend (not in any order):

- PM Daves Tractor for some more info on the model you think you want... He's a great resource
- I could have got my tractor cheaper without HST... The HST is worth the money IMO...even though there is slight power loss
- FELs on Mahindra are a major selling point for the brand; they are the strongest loaders in any size comparison I ran into. Mahindra backhoes are good, but Kubota may be stronger there.
- FEL "jerkiness"... potentially, air in line? can be cleared by power dumping a few times, I think... others know more than me, there... Run that by Daves tractor, too...
- Mine is great!

IF you have no size limitations... you may want to check the LS tractor line. If I could have used a larger tractor, that would have been a reasonable choice for me. Size needed to remain contained, for my needs, so Mahindra was best option. Mahindra reigns in power per size. LS had better price point, allowing purchase of larger unit... which then could outlift the smaller mahindra at that price.

I have friends with same size deere and kubota. Both commented on how much higher the FEL lift is on mine vs their tractors.

/ Mahindra 4530 new vs. used Kubota? need high lift FEL #3  
I have a 5530 and lift height was one of the selling points(also to load trucks) and I have been throughly impressed w/ this machine. On the other hand if you are loading many trucks and wanting to do it quickly you may want to test out all machines of potential purchase, paying close attention to the cycle times on the loaders. The 5530 is not a racehorse by any means but if you are not concerned w/ speed then I for one say give the Mahindra a good look b/c it is a great machine.

Happy hunting

/ Mahindra 4530 new vs. used Kubota? need high lift FEL #4  
i would say go with the stick shift tranny i load unload my truck with a shuddle shift 7040 kubota im gone to use it to push snow this winter

/ Mahindra 4530 new vs. used Kubota? need high lift FEL
Thanks to you all for responding. I tried my neighbor's Mahindra 4530 loader. This guy works his for his business, he said any jerkiness was the guy operating it -- me :) He said once I had more experience I'd have no problem.