Mahindra 3215 clutch replacement

/ Mahindra 3215 clutch replacement #1  

cbarrow

Tractor
none
Hello All.

Looking at buying a 2003 Mahindra 3215 4wd that needs a clutch. less than 300 hours on it. Question is how much does this typically cost or can I do it myself fairly easily? I can tackle about any engine/mechanical job but I have never replaced a tractor clutch. Any input is greatly appreciated. Anything else to look out for when looking at it?

/ Mahindra 3215 clutch replacement #2  
To be blunt, I would run away from a 9 year old machine that "only" has 300 hours and needs a clutch. Something isn't right here.

/ Mahindra 3215 clutch replacement
To be blunt, I would run away from a 9 year old machine that "only" has 300 hours and needs a clutch. Something isn't right here.

Thanks for the input and I would normally agree. What I didn't mention before is that they are asking $4k for the machine, loader, and boxblade. If there aren't too many issues it may be a good buy with a little additional work.

/ Mahindra 3215 clutch replacement #4  
cbarrow said:
Hello All.

Looking at buying a 2003 Mahindra 3215 4wd that needs a clutch. less than 300 hours on it. Question is how much does this typically cost or can I do it myself fairly easily? I can tackle about any engine/mechanical job but I have never replaced a tractor clutch. Any input is greatly appreciated. Anything else to look out for when looking at it?

Are you sure it isn't a 3015? I thought the 3215 was first introduced in 2005.

/ Mahindra 3215 clutch replacement #5  
Is it possible the clutch could just need adjusting? If not, it is likely an unskilled operator burned it up. Nevertheless, at 4K, and with a loader, and a box blade, I'd be very interested. The Mitsubishi built Mahindras have been pretty bullet proof. I have the HST tranny, and love it, but I would not turn down the tractor with only 300 hours on it. That is not very many.

/ Mahindra 3215 clutch replacement #7  
It isnt too bad a job if you have a rolling overhead crane or a sturdy rolling jack stand. You will have to unbuckle the tractor right behind the engine and hold up the rear end, hold up the front end while rolling it forward enough to work on it replacing the clutch. Then have to roll it back together and stab the transmission back in. Not bad if you have a couple of friends to help roll it and line it up, not something that you can do by yourself.

/ Mahindra 3215 clutch replacement #8  
I had to do this once and that's how I found out never to do it again. I'll pay the dealer $1000 he wants to do it. I'm too impatient and not wired for this. If I had someone working with me that would kind of be a tempering agent for me, I could build an atomic centrifuge. This is coming from someone who built high performance engines but these were out of the vehicle with mostly new parts so I cannot say there was much "repairing" going on.

/ Mahindra 3215 clutch replacement #9  
This is a piece of cake job!
I can do one in about 6 hours start to finish!
2 floor jacks and 4 jack stands.
I also use 2 pieces of wood cut into a wedge shape. I place them between the front axle and the frame to keep the machine from pivioting on the front axle.
If you are not looking to buy this machine can you please pm me the info as I would like to scoop it up!:tractor: