3016 HST 50 Hour Service

/ 3016 HST 50 Hour Service #1  

STEPHENBURBANK

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Does the 50 hour service in the Mahindra 3016 HST require a change of the hydrostatic filter and fluid or just the filter? What else besides oil and oil filter change is required? The manual is confusing. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

/ 3016 HST 50 Hour Service #2  
Does the 50 hour service in the Mahindra 3016 HST require a change of the hydrostatic filter and fluid or just the filter? What else besides oil and oil filter change is required? The manual is confusing. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have 3616 and I think it just required the engine oil and filter changed at 50. The hydraulic oil and filters at 100. It is confusing, because I think it says different hours on different pages.

/ 3016 HST 50 Hour Service #3  
I asked the same question in the owning and operating forum and Lawallstractor gave the advice that since the 50 hour was the most important, he would recommend going ahead and changing the hydraulic fluid and filters. This is what I plan to do on my 3016HST in the next couple of weeks. Have about 43 hours right now but will be using it this weekend before the service. One advantage is now all the fluids will be on a 100 hour schedule after this 50 hour service. Some after another 100 and others after another 200 which will definitely help me keep things straight.

/ 3016 HST 50 Hour Service #4  
Engine oil and filter change, front axle fluid change, change HST and hydraulic filter (but not required to drain and change the trans/hydraulics at 50 hours). Not a bad idea to go ahead and change the hy-trans, but in theory anything that is caught up in the oil from manufacturing should be in the filters by now. And of course look at your air filter, fuel filter, lube the grease points, clean radiator if needed, check lug nuts and loader bolts, etc.

/ 3016 HST 50 Hour Service #5  
Dave,
Am I reading correctly that the 2516 HST uses the same fluid in the transmission and the front axle? I always used gear oil in the JD so just making sure on this.

/ 3016 HST 50 Hour Service #7  
Sorry, I didn't realize you directed that to Dave.

/ 3016 HST 50 Hour Service #8  
No problem, appreciate the info. Is the HST fluid on a 200 hr change list? I see the filter is 300 hrs which is strange to be different and 200 hrs seems short for HST fluid. The manual kinda jumps around on the service intervals. I'm sure there is a chart somewhere that is clear on the service intervals and fluid list. Thanks a lot for the info.

/ 3016 HST 50 Hour Service #10  
****-O MY NAME IS RALPH AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS THE NORMAL PRICE FOR FLUIDS FOR A 3016 MAHINDRA/100 HOURS.IAM TOLD THAT FOUR TO FIVE HUNDREDIS NORMAL? THIS IS MY FIRST TRACTOR BUT I AM RETAIRED OPERATOR FROM LOCAL 302 AND HAVE DONE MANY OIL AND SERVICES ON MACHINES OVER TIME THIS IS HIGH? THANK YOU.