Comparison Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd

/ Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd #1  

chris1967

Tractor
none
Hey tractor experts, I've just purchased a 13 acre property with a 3 acre pond. Maybe another acre is covered by trees which won't need to be maintained. The rest is open pasture. I'm not going to be doing much farming, although the wife may talk me into planting a small (1 acre) garden. The rest of my usage will be cutting the field, maintaining fences, moving dirt, etc. I'd like to spend $15,000-$22,000, and obviously, the less I can get away with spending, the better. I wish the Max 28 would suit my needs, but I kind of doubt that it's big enough. That being said, I wonder why anyone would choose the 3535 over the 4025. The 4025 seems to be so much more tractor, for about the same price. Can anyone enlighten me? I'm attaching a picture of the property I've bought.

Attachments

• farm1.jpg
    farm1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 461
   / Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd #2  
The 3535 is more of a deluxe tractor with better ergonomics where as the 4025 is more of a bare bones machine. The 3535 has a 12 speed synchro shuttle tranny where as the 4025 has an 8 forward 2 reverse sliding mesh trans. The 35 series tractors are a deluxe compact tractor where as the 25 series tractors are considered basic utility sized tractors. Both machines are good, but they are different animals.

Your place sure looks nice. good luck with your decision. ;)

/ Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd #3  
Either tractor will do your job and so would the Max 28, but the larger the tractor the faster it will do the job. If you are going to be using the loader a lot, you will really appreciate the shuttle transmission on the 3535. By the way, an acre of garden is a lot of garden to take care of.

/ Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd
MtnViewRanch: I've kind of gotten to where I prefer bare bones type stuff...give me a Jeep with roll up windows and a stick shift over a fancy truck with power windows and heated seats, know what i mean? So by that measure, the 4025 appeals to me. And thanks for the compliment on the new property!

Galen: I don't think the transmission will be the deciding factor, as the FEL work won't be anywhere near the majority of my activities with the tractor. And if the Max 28 will do the job, it surely would save me money...

Thanks for the comments guys.

/ Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd #5  
Sounds like a 3616 might be a better compromise. I currently have 10 hilly acres and my 3215 handles the property fine. In a little over a year I'll be moving next to my step-daughter on 30 acres of flatter pasture and don't anticipate changing the tractor. All I foresee is adding a 6' finish mower to mow around the pond. The horses take care of the rest. Then again it will be hotter in central Georgia, so a cab would be nice. :)

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd #6  
I would probably lean towards the 3535 since it has better ergonomics and a shuttle tranny. I have 20 acres and also have a 3215, which has done great. Although it would be nice to have a larger rotary cutter than 5'. It just takes a little long to mow 10 acres. The other 10 acres is a hay field, which I would like to start baling myself, however I don't see the 3215 having enough "umph" to get the job done in a timely manner. Good luck!!

/ Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd #7  
I have 14 acres and just got the 4wd 4025 back in August ( if I remember correctly ) and it is AWESOME!! I was worried bout not having shuttle shift, but I bet I can go from a forward gear to reverse almost as fast if not as fast as a shuttle shift. I just bought an OLD JD 3 bottom mold board plow from my neighbor and have only plowed a row over a 150ft and did a short second pass just to say I did it. I was amazed. I thought it would be to much plow for it. I will try to get some plowing pics up in next couple weeks.

I say 4wd 4025 is the bang for the buck!!! Bare bones means less can go wrong also!

Good Luck. Let us know what you decide.

/ Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd #8  
Just got my 4025 4wd back in August. I have about 50 hrs on it now. I didn't want shuttle shift or fancy trinkets. Just a basic workhorse with a FEL and a brushhog. Have had no trouble whatsoever so far. Would recommend this tractor to anyone.

/ Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd #9  
I bought a VERY hilly 17 acres in Tallapoosa county Alabama. My budget was $20k but I stretched it just a bit and was able to get the 3616 cab. I bushhog with a 5ft cutter and it takes a while to cut around 12 acres or so in pasture but with the A/C and the radio playing its way better!

The land we bought was still woods when we purchased it but paid to have the dozer work done. Everything since has been the 3616 and my 100 lb girlfriend and me. We sowed all the grass, burnt and moved the brush piles etc. I've been very pleased with my 3616 and Artec Tractor has been a great dealer to work with.

Good luck! Tractor shopping is fun!

/ Mahindra 4025 4wd versus 3535 4wd #10  
I have a 4025 like the 8 speed trans. Like he pulling power of the 4025 4wd. It is a beast of a tractor.