Ordered a max 28 hst with fel and backhoe

/ Ordered a max 28 hst with fel and backhoe #1  

linuxman51

Gold Member
Tractor
craftsman lt1000/jd 717a/ mahindra max26 hst
:cool2: finally settled on it over the 25, although for what I *think* I'll use it for, the 25 would be fine, I figure a bit extra capacity to get me in a little more trouble can't be a bad thing.

I'm definitely new to this tractor stuff & plan to do a lot of de-brushing and some grading in the back 40, I assume that I'd need a box for that(grading). What size would be best suited to this tractor?

/ Ordered a max 28 hst with fel and backhoe #2  
When I bought mine I got the 5' box blade and a 4' tiller. No problems with either one except I could have gotten a bigger tiller. Later on I bought a 5' rock rake and handles it fine. It has met all my expectations so far.

/ Ordered a max 28 hst with fel and backhoe #3  
5' implements will work well with it.

/ Ordered a max 28 hst with fel and backhoe
Cool. I may already have a tiller, found one at the back of the property. when the tractor gets here I'll finally be able to retrieve it easily and evaluate further what it might need (looks like new tines in a couple of places, but there are possibly bigger issues that will need to be addressed first). A buddy suggested a grader, but I can only really see the need for that once, maybe twice (clearing land for my workshop, and maybe the drive to the shop, but my property is already boringly flat, so I doubt it'd need to be graded a whole lot).

I will be doing a *lot* of landscaping work with it, both at my place and my parent's place, a large part of why I got the backhoe right off.

/ Ordered a max 28 hst with fel and backhoe #5  
I debated the need for the backhoe when I bought mine. Glad I bought it I have used it alot more than I ever thought possible. I was amazed at the amount of work I could do with it. Here in SW MO we have lots of rocks with clay and It has hanlded it fine.

/ Ordered a max 28 hst with fel and backhoe #6  
I bought a couple of tractors with FEL prior to getting my Kubota B26. In 2 years with one tractor it has 70 hours, the other one I sold when I got the B26 and it had 168. Now after 5 month of owning the B26 I have put 180 hours on it. Cant believe the use it is getting an always finding something else to do with it. I mostly use the LS 7010 to move big loads of dirt that I dig out with the B26 or move large rocks that wont fit in the bucket of the B26. I have dug hundreds of feet of ditch with it for water lines, sprinklers and drainage ditches. Used the FEL to cut down and level existing ditches where they had straight sides so now they are more pleasing to look at and can be crossed with RTV and tractors. Even used it to bury one of my brother in laws goats that died. He had been getting a guy to come in and dig a hole to bury any dead animal at $100 per pop so. It seems everytime I drive across the property there is another rock or two popping up so it is never ending rock harvest also. A backhoe is truly a good investment IF you have work for it to do. I think I have paid for the cost of the back hoe already on my tractor, maybe not for the cost of the tractor but certainly the cost that would have been to add a hoe onto a small CUT.

I may not wear the backhoe out, but I've already got a long list of things it'll get used for, and I'm sure relatives and friends will be calling up before long as well haha.

next week is what the dealer is telling me in terms of arrival. I feel kind of like a kid at Christmas, although I'm not sure why (cause it means work, although more efficient work than I've been doing lately). Should give me enough time to clear out some other non-dirt projects. Reckon I'll cut my teeth cleaning small trees & stumps in the garden area before tackling the landscaping and fencing that's coming.

/ Ordered a max 28 hst with fel and backhoe #9  
When I got mine earlier this year I caught alot of crap for tackling all of my projects. Looking back I guess I dug alot of holes, I dug out a mulberry stump, put new poles in the barn, widened the driveway, put in 90' propane line and moved tank, planted trees and worked on landscaping. I'm may have had more dirt spots than grass most of the summer. Oh well lots of work got done and I had a blast.

cool, that's a large part of what I'm planning on doing as well. Called the dealer today, apparently the tractor is ready to go, just waiting on shipping. I think he's trying to get it on a load with a couple others to cut down on freight charges (fine with me, aside from a child-like desire to go play in the dirt I can wait hahaha). seems optimistic that it'll be here this week though.