Mahindra 100 hp tractor

/ Mahindra 100 hp tractor #11  
Man they are just so many good tractors out there. I think that TYM is on par with the best of them. Every manufacturer has their things they excel at.

/ Mahindra 100 hp tractor #12  
Its a TYM like all the cabbed tractors Mahindra offers except for the 8560. TYM dealer prices on that model are thousands lower.
Clagg, the 3616 shuttle cab, the 3616 HST cab, the 7060 cab and the 8560 cab are all examples that are not TYM manufacturered. The 5010/6010/6110 and the new 100 HP are TYM based, but built with options and specs preferred by Mahindra.

/ Mahindra 100 hp tractor #13  
From what I have gathered its exactly the same except for the loader. Just add Mahindra decals and markup and you have a mForce.

Clagg, that would seem to be so, but it isn't entirely that simple.

We have been told that the tractors spec out differently and are featured a little differently. But obviously the base tractor is the same, so there are only so many changes to be made. And as far as additional markup....Mahindra drives a hard bargain when they offer a manufacturer a bunch of cash for a couple thousand tractor order. On some models, I believe our cost on our TYM based Mahindra is less than my local TYM dealer pays, and when we combine that with great Mahindra consumer and floorplan options....it's a good deal. Probably on some models, it is the opposite and TYM dealers have a price advantage. I'm not sure we would know unless a dealer was a TYM and a Mahindra dealer and could compare, and then we would have to compare not just bare cost, but warranty, volume bonuses, and all the other things that affect real cost and actual profitability.

TYM has a good capacity to manufacture tractors, but direct sales of TYM's in the USA by TYM have not been so stellar through their own dealers to discourage TYM from providing a bunch of tractors to Mahindra. TYM is a fine manufacturer of tractors, but their history of sales in the USA has been interesting. I think there were sold as Millenniums, then Scorpions, then through a couple of different distributors, and once all of those failed, I believe they are now sold under TYM-USA? I'm sure not a TYM historian, so feel free to correct and educate me. TYM has been building select models for Mahindra USA for over 10 years, so it is a longstanding relationship with more consistency than TYM's own sales efforts in the USA.

Mahindra sells well over 200k tractors a year worldwide, and they build in excess of 80% of those at their own plants. But as most manufacturers do, they find some niches for which it is better to partner, such as the Max/16 series partnership with Mitsubish, etc. TYM builds approximately 10k per year total units for themselves and for Mahindra combined, so when Mahindra decides to order a boatload of these, rest assured they get a reasonable price since they can wield significant influence on total production.

My production numbers above are approximate only, but close enough to demonstrate my point. The 10K number for TYM production was from TYM's website. I believe Mahindra topped 230k units in 2011, that is from Farm Equipment news releases online. So every time TYM sells 4 tractors, Mahindra sells 100. Just some numbers to keep things in perspective.

/ Mahindra 100 hp tractor
Dave,

Thanks for that great information. How about parts availability from Tym for Mahindra? Do Mahindra dealers go to Tym for parts or does Mahindra generally maintain adequate parts inventory to support their dealers?

/ Mahindra 100 hp tractor #15  
Dave,

Thanks for that great information. How about parts availability from Tym for Mahindra? Do Mahindra dealers go to Tym for parts or does Mahindra generally maintain adequate parts inventory to support their dealers?

Joe, Mahindra dealers use Mahindra parts directly from the Mahindra parts depot in Houston. TYM doesn't stock adequate parts in the USA for the volume of sales that Mahindra dealers accomplish, nor should they. The base tractor for the 10 series is TYM built, but it is a Mahindra with warranty, parts, service etc. all supplied by Mahindra just as if it rolled off their own production line.

/ Mahindra 100 hp tractor #17  
I sold TYM tractors for a while when Mahindra had cut down on the TYM offerings in their line up. Since then TYM is still allowing me parts access and warranty privileges until they have a dealer in my area. This past summer I had a TYM customer that needed warranty service and TYM didn't have the part here in the US, so I purchased the part through Mahindra. To TYM's credit they were understanding that I needed to get the customer up and running and they did reimburse me for the part from Mahindra.

/ Mahindra 100 hp tractor #18  
TYM tractors were first sold by a independant distributor in the USA around 1998 or 1999. They purchased the tractors from TYM about like what Mahindra does. These tractors were labeled Mellinieum until 2001 area when it changed to Scorpion. That distributor did a poor job on a lot of things for all the brands they handeled and in 2006 they closed. TYM found another distributor right away to cover until they could get things going themselves of which they did in 2008. That is their current location in North Carolina. Starting a new brand name in a time of the poorest US economy since the 1930's hasnt made it easy. They have had a management change in recient years but are progressing well and growing. I work at a store that sells them. In the past year or two I have sold parts a couple times to Mahindra dealers when Mahindra was out and we had it in stock. Mahindra may be big but they also are not perfect. Some diferences on the tractors are engines and options. TYM uses Mitsubuishi and Perkins engines and on the Mahindra models are Daedong engines. TYM sells most their tractors deluxe rather than doing the option list. Other than that most of the rest of the tractor is about the same. I think you will be seeing more TYM dealers around the country as time goes on. With the new factory I am sure their production is more than it was a couple years ago. TYM making tractors Mahindra has helped both brands.

/ Mahindra 100 hp tractor #19  
TYM tractors were first sold by a independant distributor in the USA around 1998 or 1999. They purchased the tractors from TYM about like what Mahindra does. These tractors were labeled Mellinieum until 2001 area when it changed to Scorpion. That distributor did a poor job on a lot of things for all the brands they handeled and in 2006 they closed. TYM found another distributor right away to cover until they could get things going themselves of which they did in 2008. That is their current location in North Carolina. Starting a new brand name in a time of the poorest US economy since the 1930's hasnt made it easy. They have had a management change in recient years but are progressing well and growing. I work at a store that sells them. In the past year or two I have sold parts a couple times to Mahindra dealers when Mahindra was out and we had it in stock. Mahindra may be big but they also are not perfect. Some diferences on the tractors are engines and options. TYM uses Mitsubuishi and Perkins engines and on the Mahindra models are Daedong engines. TYM sells most their tractors deluxe rather than doing the option list. Other than that most of the rest of the tractor is about the same. I think you will be seeing more TYM dealers around the country as time goes on. With the new factory I am sure their production is more than it was a couple years ago. TYM making tractors Mahindra has helped both brands.

Good points Pete. Thanks for the history and insight!

/ Mahindra 100 hp tractor #20  
I have a Mahindra 4510 which is the TYM tractor. I have never had trouble getting parts through Mahindra. The knock I had on mine is the radiator/fan design is prone to clogging if you mow in tall weeds. A better design there IMO should have been considered.