What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #11  
I ran the 4010 and the 4035 this last Thursday I liked the 4035 but it didn't have a loader on it yet. The one thing I didn't like was the paint fade, the tractor had sat on the lot for a year according to the salesman and the paint was turning pink already. The spec. on the 4035 are good and the price was less but my concern is long term service, parts availability and resale. Tractors are a long term purchase, so where is Mahindra going to be in ten or fifteen years?

Mahindra is a HUGE company that makes a profit and isn't going away. They may have problems with some of their dealers, but show me a company that doesn't. A lot of people are overly concerned about parts and availability. Unless you work your tractor everyday for a living (1000+hours a year) and it costs you money if your tractor is down, I don't think that waiting a few days to get the parts is going to hurt most people. Everyone goes on about how good service is at the older better know brands. My experience has been that a BIG part of the good service has to do with the people, not the brand.

If you are really concerned about resale, then I suggest that you get a John Deere. Pay more up front so that you can get more at the end. The only advantage that I see is that the JD will sell faster, I don't know if you really sell for any more money percentage wise. You usually pay more to start with, so of course you will sell it for more than one of the off brands.

Just my :2cents: , good luck. ;)

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #12  
I started out looking at the L3200/L3800 tractors. But given the very minor difference in the price for the increased HP, I dropped the L3200 from consideration. At the same time I was looking at the Mahindra 4010 and 4035. While the specs are slightly different, the differences are minor between the two. As is the price. So I was ready to match up the L3800 to the 4035. Rode them both yesterday and the L4600. All three were HST.

4010/4035 are between the two Kubotas in terms of HP. The Mahindras have superior FEL capacity and 3 point lift. After riding all three, I am going to sign on the dotted line for the 4035 in the next day or two. The prices for the 4035 and L3800 were very similar. But the 4035 is just built a lot heavier. Really seemed to notice that when I picked up full buckets of wet mud with both tractors. One of the real deciding factors for me were the ergonomics of the two tractors. I really didn't care for the single 'treadle' on the Kubota - much preferred the dual pedals on the Mahindra. And having the brakes on the left - instead of on the right as on the Kubota - just seem more proper to me. Plus the Mahindra had some other details that sealed the deal for me. The 4035 has a nice rubber floormat, a rear worklight and a pair of forward-facing work lights mounted on the ROPS. Plus the location of the fuel filler cap (low on the side of the Mahindra) seemed to make a lot more sense than on the top of the engine cover on the Kubotas.

And just for the record, these were the first two tractors that I have ever driven.

And hopefully I will be a new owner in the next week!

Martin
This should be in the "other" Mahindra/Kubota thread! :laughing: Finally apples are compared to apples and a decision was made based on personal preference. The differences seem very valid and for "any" tractor buyer it is a huge part of the decision. This is a tractor Forum and I am glad you have one now or at least very soon!

Last edited:
   / What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #13  
Funny I am in the same boat. Looking at both a Max28XL and a B3200. If they were both 2013 models my budget would send me to the Max, but as I am looking at a 2011 B3200 being sold by dealer as new with 150 demo hours and full warranty, I am hoping they will price it close to the Max. The Max can be ordered with the Gear (shuttle) which I prefer but my Max dealer has not responded to my deposit offer of $1000 yet, so now waiting on a price from Kubota. Anyway as already mentioned, the larger Kubota back tire makes it look bigger but the weight the same. There is a video of a Max25 lifting 900 lbs 1/2 way down the bucket when thats its rating at the pivot pin, so if the Max28 has the same conservative numbers it should easily lift 1400 at the pivot pin.

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #14  
This should be in the "other" Mahindra/Kubota thread! :laughing: Finally apples are compared to apples and a decision was made based on personal preference. The differences seem very valid and for "any" tractor buyer it is a huge part of the decision. This is a tractor Forum and I am glad you have one now or at least very soon!

I've had the Mahindra 4035 now for two weeks. Only a few hours of seat time, but could not be happier!

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #15  
All the tractors are good. I'm pleased with the Max28XL. Get one that will be able to do all you need and want, for a good price.

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #16  
Hello, I am new on the forum as well and looking at the Mahindra 4035 with FEL, the Kubota MX5100 and the TYM T503 all HST.
I need the tractor to move a few small (#1500) round bales, mow the pastures out and do other pastrue chores and some landscaping and dirt work (~15 ac in central Iowa). My acreas are quite hilly and mostly clay soil.

My questions are: Which tractor would be the appropriate and most cost effective one. Does the heavier tractor take a harder toll on the land (compaction) or is the difference neglectable.

What is a good price for these tractors?

I like my TYM but it is too small for what I am doing and I borrow my neighbors JD5400 for the bales right now. Which is a good solution but doesn't feel right for the long run.

Your ideas and comments are appreciated.

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #17  
:welcome:

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #18  
Hills= You want wide & heavy.

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #19  
Hello, I am new on the forum as well and looking at the Mahindra 4035 with FEL, the Kubota MX5100 and the TYM T503 all HST.
I need the tractor to move a few small (#1500) round bales, mow the pastures out and do other pastrue chores and some landscaping and dirt work (~15 ac in central Iowa). My acreas are quite hilly and mostly clay soil.

My questions are: Which tractor would be the appropriate and most cost effective one. Does the heavier tractor take a harder toll on the land (compaction) or is the difference neglectable.

What is a good price for these tractors?

I like my TYM but it is too small for what I am doing and I borrow my neighbors JD5400 for the bales right now. Which is a good solution but doesn't feel right for the long run.

Your ideas and comments are appreciated.

Take a look at the Mahindra 5035, then you will be comparing all 50hp range machines. The 5035 is a beast. ;)