What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #1  

Iowan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota's
I'm looking at Kubota L 3200 and 3800s and was wondering what Mahindra had in this hp and size tractor. Also Id like to here what you owners think of Mahindra? Thanks for your help.

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #2  
Iowan said:
I'm looking at Kubota L 3200 and 3800s and was wondering what Mahindra had in this hp and size tractor. Also Id like to here what you owners think of Mahindra? Thanks for your help.

Mahindra website compares its models to competitors, IIRC. I have the Max28XL. I really like it. I think that is a good beginning comparison. Other models would be 3016 and 3616, then up from there. The max 28 has high/low HST. The higher models have High/Mid/Low HST, I believe. I think you'd be happy with whichever brand you choose. Pick the one that fits you and will do the tasks you need to get done.

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #4  
The 3016 and 3616 are good comparisons but I would also look at the 4010. The 4010 hydro is a really nice tractor with the 2 petal controls and left side turning brakes, also all these mahindra's have independent PTO's.

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #5  
I started out looking at the L3200/L3800 tractors. But given the very minor difference in the price for the increased HP, I dropped the L3200 from consideration. At the same time I was looking at the Mahindra 4010 and 4035. While the specs are slightly different, the differences are minor between the two. As is the price. So I was ready to match up the L3800 to the 4035. Rode them both yesterday and the L4600. All three were HST.

4010/4035 are between the two Kubotas in terms of HP. The Mahindras have superior FEL capacity and 3 point lift. After riding all three, I am going to sign on the dotted line for the 4035 in the next day or two. The prices for the 4035 and L3800 were very similar. But the 4035 is just built a lot heavier. Really seemed to notice that when I picked up full buckets of wet mud with both tractors. One of the real deciding factors for me were the ergonomics of the two tractors. I really didn't care for the single 'treadle' on the Kubota - much preferred the dual pedals on the Mahindra. And having the brakes on the left - instead of on the right as on the Kubota - just seem more proper to me. Plus the Mahindra had some other details that sealed the deal for me. The 4035 has a nice rubber floormat, a rear worklight and a pair of forward-facing work lights mounted on the ROPS. Plus the location of the fuel filler cap (low on the side of the Mahindra) seemed to make a lot more sense than on the top of the engine cover on the Kubotas.

And just for the record, these were the first two tractors that I have ever driven.

And hopefully I will be a new owner in the next week!

Martin

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #6  
Way to go! Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #7  
nice choice, let us know how it goes after some seat time.

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #8  
condrats on the new mahindra i hope you post some pictures

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800 #9  
Lantxinok...sent you a couple of pm...Rich

/ What Mahindra tractor compairs to Kubota L3200 L3800
I ran the 4010 and the 4035 this last Thursday I liked the 4035 but it didn't have a loader on it yet. The one thing I didn't like was the paint fade, the tractor had sat on the lot for a year according to the salesman and the paint was turning pink already. The spec. on the 4035 are good and the price was less but my concern is long term service, parts availability and resale. Tractors are a long term purchase, so where is Mahindra going to be in ten or fifteen years?