Buying Advice How far away is too far...

/ How far away is too far... #11  
I really like the Max tractors but the closest dealer is an hour and a half away. Lots of Deere and Kubota dealers within 30 minutes drive though. How much dealer support is required for a SCUT and more specifically how much dealer support has been required by folks with the 22/25 Max tractors?

Thanks,
Patrick

I'm interested in the max 25 myself. Dealer 150miles away or so. I'm fine with basic maint, but not sure about distance for an actual warrant issue. Like some have mentioned maybe not a big deal. I wouldn't want to pass on a brand solely because of distance.

/ How far away is too far... #12  
My Kubota dealer is 85 miles from the farm. It's a nice drive, but the tractor has never been there for warranty service as it has never needed any. I have a "local" shop that does non-warranty work. They're 17 miles away.

/ How far away is too far... #13  
I bought from a dealer 250 miles away. No problem, as long as it's a good dealer. Saved thousands by doing so. Dealer came to me twice for a nominal travel charge when I had some warranty issues early on. I've had my Kioti now 7 years. It's never been to the dealer. I've had JD 425 for about 19 years now. It's been to the dealer one time. Now that they are both out of warranty, I can take it anywhere I want to get it serviced. I think the local guys would be glad to get the business.

/ How far away is too far... #14  
Then I probably won't let distance rule out the max 25.

/ How far away is too far... #15  
The dealer I bought my 4035 from is 45 miles from my property. There is another dealer about 45 miles in the other direction. But based on what I have heard from others with their Mahindra tractors, I doubt that I will ever have a need to take the tractor to the dealer. And I strongly suspect that I will end up buying my filters on line and have them shipped to me as I live 90 minutes away from either of these dealers.

BTW, do you have a truck/trailer to take your Max back to the dealer if needed? I don't have anything big enough to trailer my 4035, so if I had to send it back I would just have to have them come and get it. In which case the distance isn't really going to matter to me too much.

/ How far away is too far... #16  
The dealer I bought my 4035 from is 45 miles from my property. There is another dealer about 45 miles in the other direction. But based on what I have heard from others with their Mahindra tractors, I doubt that I will ever have a need to take the tractor to the dealer. And I strongly suspect that I will end up buying my filters on line and have them shipped to me as I live 90 minutes away from either of these dealers.

BTW, do you have a truck/trailer to take your Max back to the dealer if needed? I don't have anything big enough to trailer my 4035, so if I had to send it back I would just have to have them come and get it. In which case the distance isn't really going to matter to me too much.

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

We now have a truck - a new to us Ram with a 5.9L and in pretty good shape. Should be able to handle a reasonably sized trailer if I get one.

/ How far away is too far... #17  
Thanks to everyone for their advice.

We now have a truck - a new to us Ram with a 5.9L and in pretty good shape. Should be able to handle a reasonably sized trailer if I get one.

Congrats on your Dodge Diesel.. !!! There are lots of forums for this vehicle, and DieselRam.com is a pretty good one... I ordered one of the last old body style H.O. 6 speeds, best toy I have ever driven.. :)