Tractor
    Farmall 140

Default 8560 transmission problems?

Ii have been looking at tractors for a little while now and had finally come up with a decision on the 8560 with a front end loader. Well, I was at the FSA office today filling out the paper work, when I told him what kind of tractor I was wanting to get he seemed concerned. He told me that he had signed off on three mahindra tractors that had transmission issues from pulling a disc. I asked what hp these were and he said 60-70hp range. He said that all these were purchased within a year of each other nearly four years ago. I'm just wondering if any of you have this model and have put them under a heavy pulling load. I'm dont want to spend 32,000 on a tractor that I have to send o the dealership once a year. The main purpose of this tractor is to pull a disc. It's only a 8ft disc but was thinking go getting a 10 ft later on.

Thanks in advance.
    Dustin
    John Deere 2510
    John Deere 50
    77' Farmall 140
    61' Farmall 140
    Allis Chalmers G

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Dave, I don't have an 8560, but can tell you that my 5530 will pull an 8' disc without blinking, in damp loamy topsoil. Hope that helps.

Lee

Long road home

Mahindra 5530 w/ FEL, Bushhog 286 cutter, 8' disc, 2 bottom plow, pallet forks, 22' American trailer, geotextile carrier, PHD w/ 12" auger, tooth bar, landscape rake, trailer hitch, broadcast spreader, toolbar, cultipacker, grain drill, and more to come!

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Default Re: 8560 transmission problems?

When you guys say how wide the disk is that you want to pull or are pulling, what type of disk, what size of blades, how heavy all make a HUGE difference.

Here's an 8' Kello-Bilt unit that none of Mahindras tractors will pull. Except with the wheels down maybe.

I have a 7520, about 600 hours on it, no tranny problems, no problems at all really. Ballasted to a bit more that 10,000lbs without the loader and on rolling terrain my old 8' Kelfer offset disk is all it wants. This is a disk with 22" blades and weighs about 2600lbs-2800lbs. I would forget about a 10' disk if it were me. But then when I disk, I am usually 8-9" in the ground.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0197-jpg   -p3190008-jpg   -p2090021-jpg   -p2090015-jpg   -img_0207-jpg  

Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Mahindra 8560

Funny how he signed off on these tractors when they have a 5 year power train warenty??? I have a 8560 I use. I don't pull a disc with it. But what ever I have thrown at it, It has done the job with NO problems.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideoutds View Post
    Ii have been looking at tractors for a little while now and had finally come up with a decision on the 8560 with a front end loader. Well, I was at the FSA office today filling out the paper work, when I told him what kind of tractor I was wanting to get he seemed concerned. He told me that he had signed off on three mahindra tractors that had transmission issues from pulling a disc. I asked what hp these were and he said 60-70hp range. He said that all these were purchased within a year of each other nearly four years ago. I'm just wondering if any of you have this model and have put them under a heavy pulling load. I'm dont want to spend 32,000 on a tractor that I have to send o the dealership once a year. The main purpose of this tractor is to pull a disc. It's only a 8ft disc but was thinking go getting a 10 ft later on.

Thanks in advance.
    Dustin
    Doesn't sound correct. The 8560 has a strong transmission. The only failure we have ever seen ourselves is due to lack of fluid. We had a farmer that was running a big hydraulic implement and blew a hose and did not know it as the implement was behind him and he wan't paying much attention. He ran the transmission dry before he knew it and toasted the bearings that support the upper shaft since they were then completely dry and no transmission can run that way. The 8560 is a good strong tractor. I'd certainly question the FSA guys memory or perhaps even his motives.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Farmall 140

I had talked to the salesman whom happens to be the owner of the dealership I'm buying from and he seemed pretty agitated that the loan officer had said that. He assured me that the transmission wasn't an issue. I will be going forward with my purchase. I also didn't come across any threads with transmission failure as a theme.

Thanks
    Ds
    John Deere 2510
    John Deere 50
    77' Farmall 140
    61' Farmall 140
    Allis Chalmers G

Tractor
    Mahindra 8560

I belive you will be very satisfied in your descion. Will be interasted in how it does for you. Keep us posted.